2017 -List of officers , concierge, hotel director etc.

sjnyc323

Originally posted by Travel Junkie Judy [/url]I am agreeing with you 100% about the Golden Era being a thing of the past.

We are high Platinum Plus and don't need a lot to make it to Ambassador.

We may never see that happen.

Yannis has been a favorite for many, many years. He will be missed by all that have met him.

The same with Mustafa.

Other favorites have already left.

Fewer officers (in my opinion) are seen around the ship - except our dear, dear friend, Brian Walters and a few others.

With all of our favorite staff leaving NCL, it is reaffirming that the new management is bottom line oriented.

Kevin O. was passenger oriented.

What a difference!

Prices are up and general service is down.

Our service as Platinum Plus is still very good, but not as good as it was a few years ago.

As each of these favorite staff members leave, the level goes down.

Someone at the Corporate level should sit back and look at what is happening to what was the most wonderful cruise line out there.

BUT, if mediocracy and mega ships are what they want, they can count me out.

It sure looks like that is what is in store for NCL.

Your post makes me sad. It is because I agree with you. I am certainly nowhere near your tenure but have chosen NCL many times. Now, I am exploring other options.

And I second your sentiments regarding Brian Walters. He is a class act. Lucky to have dinner with him on the Sun. Enjoyed his company.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think that Brian is one of the finest people I've ever met - anywhere.

There are not enough superlative adjectives to describe him.

I am also very sad about what I see happening with NCL.

I have always loved cruising with NCL and I will continue to do so, for at least a few more cruises.

I keep thinking that corporate will "see the light" and return to passenger friendly and passenger oriented cruises.

As long as there are some of the "old style" crew and officers, hopefully we can cruise with NCL again.

I will say that for the first time in years, I have no NCL cruises in the works.

The prices have gotten to where we must pick and choose carefully.

The gratuities alone are now ridiculously high. It makes it harder for us to add additional tips to those that provide the extra, extra services.

So, here's to Brian Walters and all of the wonderful NCL officers and staff that still consider the passenger first.

There may be fewer of them, but they are all STARS to me.

Originally posted by Travel Junkie Judy [/url]I am agreeing with you 100% about the Golden Era being a thing of the past.

We are high Platinum Plus and don't need a lot to make it to Ambassador.

We may never see that happen.

Yannis has been a favorite for many, many years. He will be missed by all that have met him.

The same with Mustafa.

Other favorites have already left.

Fewer officers (in my opinion) are seen around the ship - except our dear, dear friend, Brian Walters and a few others.

With all of our favorite staff leaving NCL, it is reaffirming that the new management is bottom line oriented.

Kevin O. was passenger oriented.

What a difference!

Prices are up and general service is down.

Our service as Platinum Plus is still very good, but not as good as it was a few years ago.

As each of these favorite staff members leave, the level goes down.

Someone at the Corporate level should sit back and look at what is happening to what was the most wonderful cruise line out there.

BUT, if mediocracy and mega ships are what they want, they can count me out.

It sure looks like that is what is in store for NCL.

I think that Brian is one of the finest people I've ever met - anywhere.

There are not enough superlative adjectives to describe him.

I am also very sad about what I see happening with NCL.

I have always loved cruising with NCL and I will continue to do so, for at least a few more cruises.

I keep thinking that corporate will "see the light" and return to passenger friendly and passenger oriented cruises.

As long as there are some of the "old style" crew and officers, hopefully we can cruise with NCL again.

I will say that for the first time in years, I have no NCL cruises in the works.

The prices have gotten to where we must pick and choose carefully.

The gratuities alone are now ridiculously high. It makes it harder for us to add additional tips to those that provide the extra, extra services.

So, here's to Brian Walters and all of the wonderful NCL officers and staff that still consider the passenger first.

There may be fewer of them, but they are all STARS to me.

I got home from my last cruise on the Epic, which I enjoyed very much, in March. Here it is almost September and I have not booked the next one. That is not at all like me. I have always liked to book early at what I consider to be a good value. But now, one who books early can only wonder how many things will change before sailing. I am afraid if I booked now they would announce everyone has to take a turn rowing or pay a "fee".

I got home from my last cruise on the Epic, which I enjoyed very much, in March. Here it is almost September and I have not booked the next one. That is not at all like me. I have always liked to book early at what I consider to be a good value. But now, one who books early can only wonder how many things will change before sailing. I am afraid if I booked now they would announce everyone has to take a turn rowing or pay a "fee".

Wow!

Donna, we really do think alike.

We return on April 28 from a cruise on the STAR through the middle east.

It was great.

Last fall we did 31 days on the SUN from San Diego to Buenos Aires - even more fabulous and amazing than the STAR cruise. Of course Brian Walters was there with his amazing group of officers and staff.

Both of these cruises had been booked nearly 2 years out.

As I mentioned earlier, we have nothing booked.

I hadn't worried about rowing, but you are right.....anything can happen! :o:o:o

Judy

If it makes anyone feel better I found NCL to be a great product (comparing them the CCL and Royal last year).

I think nostalgia is powerful thing and can cloud a perspective of something on occasion. Many cruisers (both experienced and first timers) on our voyage were very very impressed with NCL and a huge standout was the service.

Even though I am on the younger side of the cruise market (31) I have certain things I look for and don't necessarily need a huge megaship to make me happy. Maybe I was lucky on the Jade?

The way I see it NCL are every bit as good as Carnival and Royal and better than X (nothing particularly wrong with that line but not completely for us).

If it makes anyone feel better I found NCL to be a great product (comparing them the CCL and Royal last year).

I think nostalgia is powerful thing and can cloud a perspective of something on occasion. Many cruisers (both experienced and first timers) on our voyage were very very impressed with NCL and a huge standout was the service.

Even though I am on the younger side of the cruise market (31) I have certain things I look for and don't necessarily need a huge megaship to make me happy. Maybe I was lucky on the Jade?

The way I see it NCL are every bit as good as Carnival and Royal and better than X (nothing particularly wrong with that line but not completely for us).

Glad you liked it. I said I did too. I had great service on the Epic.

Nostalgia is derived from "homecoming". I am not alone in this board that it used to feel like that each time I went on NCL. It was great. But it is just different now. So, I am going to keep it fresh and try something else like MSC Yacht Club. I may wander back to NCL again. I am not opposed to it.

Have you cruised NCL before? If no, then you would not understand that the previous CEO was very in tune to the customer. He was very accessible. He set the tone for NCL and the crew loved him. NCL continues to lose quality key staff and it shows. I would never repeat things said to me in confidence on the ship but believe me the crew feels the difference in management shift.

Yes, things change and we adjust or move on.

Nostalgia is derived from "homecoming". I am not alone in this board that it used to feel like that each time I went on NCL. It was great. But it is just different now. So, I am going to keep it fresh and try something else like MSC Yacht Club. I may wander back to NCL again. I am not opposed to it.

Have you cruised NCL before? If no, then you would not understand that the previous CEO was very in tune to the customer. He was very accessible. He set the tone for NCL and the crew loved him. NCL continues to lose quality key staff and it shows. I would never repeat things said to me in confidence on the ship but believe me the crew feels the difference in management shift.

We feel much the same way.

Previous CEO did a great job and cruisers experience was the prime consideration of that CEO.

Now , with FDR ,stating that his goal is to get rid of the "bottom feeders", he has put a bad spin on NCL cruisers.

We are Platinum Plus and now are looking for other options. Not happy with the constant increase in fees, (more than any other cruise line , in the last 2 years).

Also, removing perks for Suite Guests....bad form.. no respect for your loyal cruisers.

We will Miss Prem and all the other great NCL senior members mentioned.

Not just nostalgia, sad to see degradation of a wonderful cruise line.

We feel much the same way.

Previous CEO did a great job and cruisers experience was the prime consideration of that CEO.

Now , with FDR ,stating that his goal is to get rid of the "bottom feeders", he has put a bad spin on NCL cruisers.

We are Platinum Plus and now are looking for other options. Not happy with the constant increase in fees, (more than any other cruise line , in the last 2 years).

Also, removing perks for Suite Guests....bad form.. no respect for your loyal cruisers.

We will Miss Prem and all the other great NCL senior members mentioned.

Not just nostalgia, sad to see degradation of a wonderful cruise line.

What do you mean by: "removing perks for Suite Guests....bad form.. " ?

Uniall, I can say this. For those of us who book suites outright, and don't do the "priceline aka bid process", not only have the suite prices risen by a huge percent in increase but were not charged the service fee on the drink package. That has changed. This, as well as receiving ALL the perks are what differentiated from those receiving cheap upsells. At least we had that going for us.

On my last cruise someone asked me in the Haven how much I bid. When I said I booked my suite at original prices they laughed at me. Used to be people had to be chosen by the fairy. Now, it is a different process and I have a feeling Corporate NCL is laughing at us too.

Uniall, I can say this. For those of us who book suites outright, and don't do the "priceline aka bid process", not only have the suite prices risen by a huge percent in increase but were not charged the service fee on the drink package. That has changed. This, as well as receiving ALL the perks are what differentiated from those receiving cheap upsells. At least we had that going for us.

On my last cruise someone asked me in the Haven how much I bid. When I said I booked my suite at original prices they laughed at me. Used to be people had to be chosen by the fairy. Now, it is a different process and I have a feeling Corporate NCL is laughing at us too.

If you dig into FDR's history, you will see that he led Renaissance to the brink of failure and left in May before they failed a few months later. Then , he and a friend scraped b up enough money to lease some of the ships to start their own cruise line. Follow that further and you can see what NCL has in its future.

The deal with NCL taking on the large debt load of Oceania and Regent also causes some question about his management style.

If I understand your reductions in suite perks list items are:

1. New service charge on drinks

2. Change in Upsell process.

I agree the new beverage package service charge for suites is a perk reduction but often wondered how we got it in the first place.

As for the "new" bidding process on upsells, I tend to agree with you but it's still a little clouded and mist hidden for me.

It's my understanding that invites to bidding are within cabin class. Inside and Ocean view up to balcony, balcony would only go as high as mini-suites and Haven suites would only be offered to guests already in lower suites. If you have a better understanding, please correct me.

If my belief is correct, it may be a better system than before when Latitudes level or friends in high places played a part in the upsell fairy's selection who could move you from an inside cabin to the Haven.

I actually knew of Kevin Sheehan before my my first ever cruise...I have Undercover boss to thank for that I suppose. I lurked on the NCL forums for quite a while as the amount of times I almost booked the Jade in past years has been common. I saw how positive people were about him and still are and don't doubt he was great as NCL has grown into a great product. Even though my first NCL cruise was last week you don't have to be a NCL cruiser to hear of Mr Sheehan.

Many lines have had huge management shifts and big players leaving left right and center. I know 2015 was a while back and NCL have changed since then but no more than other major lines. Read the other forums...its the same mood. Maybe even go and have a peek at the Disney resort forums and see a similar 'The parks are not what they used to be' feel. My husband is a fan of proffesional wrestling and fans saying the golden era has gone has happened each year since 1993 at least.

Ah maybe I am a 'the glass is full with a cocktail in it' sort of person but despite the cruise industry changing to suit new markets and pump out more ships its awesome and I can see NCL becoming a favourite in the future. :)

Completely agree on keeping things fresh though...thats why we tried NCL in the first place. But I really think people are worrying without cause and should chill. :cool:

Not sure who to cruise with next though...depends on the ports and pricing.

If I understand your reductions in suite perks list items are:

1. New service charge on drinks

2. Change in Upsell process.

I agree the new beverage package service charge for suites is a perk reduction but often wondered how we got it in the first place.

As for the "new" bidding process on upsells, I tend to agree with you but it's still a little clouded and mist hidden for me.

It's my understanding that invites to bidding are within cabin class. Inside and Ocean view up to balcony, balcony would only go as high as mini-suites and Haven suites would only be offered to guests already in lower suites. If you have a better understanding, please correct me.

If my belief is correct, it may be a better system than before when Latitudes level or friends in high places played a part in the upsell fairy's selection who could move you from an inside cabin to the Haven.

If e mail to bid is sent to you can bid on haven from balcony

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If e mail to bid is sent to you can bid on haven from balcony

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hi Suzzie

Thanks for the info. I'm still trying to understand the finer points of the new system. I've got an upcoming triple B2B2B and was offered into bidding for the first two legs but not the last. I didn't bid since the third was the only one I was willing to change cabins.

John

Well said!

I still think NCL is still above most other lines of similar price - Carnival, RCCL....

I love so many of the crew and staff who are still around.

Like you said though, it is troubling to see so many leaving.....:(

CEO Kevin is missed by those who knew him or sailed when he was there.

Judy

I could not agree more. I have sailed 3 times in the past year, all in a DOS. I have seen the price from first to last (same ship, same itinerary, same week) increase 50%. I paid it because, frankly, we always have a wonderful vacation and the DOS has an amazing amount of space.

I would never begrudge others theirs, and am happy for them if they got a great deal on a Haven upgrade. For me, all that matters is that I feel I am getting value for the price. Our 3rd will be next month, and unless I notice a meaningful increase in the value for me, it will probably be our last. As I mentioned, this time the suite was priced 50% higher AND I was then charged wii the DSC and the gratuity on the bev package. That really annoyed me.

I have to think I'm the target demographic for Haven (middle aged, 1%er, no children, high disposable income), but they are making it really hard for me to book future cruises. I mean, I've done an analysis and it almost makes sense for me to cross over the Regent and get more bang for my suite buck ... but then I think that is exactly what NCL wants! Haha

I could not agree more. I have sailed 3 times in the past year, all in a DOS. I have seen the price from first to last (same ship, same itinerary, same week) increase 50%. I paid it because, frankly, we always have a wonderful vacation and the DOS has an amazing amount of space.

I would never begrudge others theirs, and am happy for them if they got a great deal on a Haven upgrade. For me, all that matters is that I feel I am getting value for the price. Our 3rd will be next month, and unless I notice a meaningful increase in the value for me, it will probably be our last. As I mentioned, this time the suite was priced 50% higher AND I was then charged wii the DSC and the gratuity on the bev package. That really annoyed me.

I have to think I'm the target demographic for Haven (middle aged, 1%er, no children, high disposable income), but they are making it really hard for me to book future cruises. I mean, I've done an analysis and it almost makes sense for me to cross over the Regent and get more bang for my suite buck ... but then I think that is exactly what NCL wants! Haha

I have the same experiences.

We always book our suites from the beginning.

I am totally amazed at the huge price increases.

We have also never paid the gratuities on the beverage or dining packages.

The dining package was for EVERY NIGHT of the cruise.

Now it is for only a very few nights. This requires purchasing more nights if desired.

Our last 2 cruises (Nov 2016 and spring 2017- which were booked nearly 2 years ago) also

included free prepaid gratuities!

I doubt that will ever be seen again.

The solution is not to go to Regents like they want, but to go to Celebrity, Crystal or other high end lines.

We have sailed on Windstar (less than 300 passengers, smaller cabins, but not too small) and we loved it.

Being on a sailing ship is unique and fun.

VERY personal service included in cruise price - which has not gone up 50% like NCL.

If we decided to move to other lines, it will be sad, because there are many crew and staff members who we love to see when we sail.

We still love the NCL experience, but the bank account is not bottomless.

I have the same experiences.

We always book our suites from the beginning.

I am totally amazed at the huge price increases.

We have also never paid the gratuities on the beverage or dining packages.

The dining package was for EVERY NIGHT of the cruise.

Now it is for only a very few nights. This requires purchasing more nights if desired.

Our last 2 cruises (Nov 2016 and spring 2017- which were booked nearly 2 years ago) also

included free prepaid gratuities!

I doubt that will ever be seen again.

The solution is not to go to Regents like they want, but to go to Celebrity, Crystal or other high end lines.

We have sailed on Windstar (less than 300 passengers, smaller cabins, but not too small) and we loved it.

Being on a sailing ship is unique and fun.

VERY personal service included in cruise price - which has not gone up 50% like NCL.

If we decided to move to other lines, it will be sad, because there are many crew and staff members who we love to see when we sail.

We still love the NCL experience, but the bank account is not bottomless.

Yeah, I think you hit the nail on the head. The bank account is not bottomless. If the drastic price increase was at least accompanied with some noticeable increase in amenities or service perhaps I could swallow easier, but if anything it has gone the other way.

Funny you would mention Windstar! That is one of the lines we are considering moving to. Also considering MSC Yacht Club and Celebrity. We'll see, time will tell.

Ok, sorry for the thread hijack! Back to your regularly scheduled programming [emoji5]

Ok.....I spent WAY too much time scrolling through pages and pages on this threa today....and yes - I DID do a "search".....and although all of the perspectives regarding those beloved officers that have left NCL are important.....I truly only want to know some personnel/crew on upcoming cruises....so any input on this area would be greatly appreciated...as I did believe that this was the original point of this thread....

NCL Pearl for September (Alaska).....particularly Butler and Concierge for Haven and Casino staff

NCL Escape - October - Eastern and Western Caribbean - again, Butlers and Concierge for the Haven and Casino staff

Other booked cruises are too far in the future to make sense in inquiring at this point.

Ok.....I spent WAY too much time scrolling through pages and pages on this threa today....and yes - I DID do a "search".....and although all of the perspectives regarding those beloved officers that have left NCL are important.....I truly only want to know some personnel/crew on upcoming cruises....so any input on this area would be greatly appreciated...as I did believe that this was the original point of this thread....

(y) and I'm looking for the Jewel in September...thanks to anyone with the info!

I will be sailing on the Sun in about three months. It has been awhile since I have been on the Sun, looking so much forward to a great cruise on a great ship. Does anyone know who are the officers that might be there in November?

Probably too far out.

The SUN has always had one of the most amazing crew, officers and staff.

If Brian Walters is not on vacation, you are in for a real treat.

He is the HD.

His leadership is what makes this a great crew - in my opinion.