2017 -List of officers , concierge, hotel director etc.

sjnyc323

Captain: Ingar Kjellar (from Norway) - very good Captain, not very often see-able but always hearable via the ceiling-loudspeakers

Hotel Director: Stefan Antonescu - brilliant, best HD I ever met

F&B Director: Vesna Campos - open minded, very often in the main restaurants, helpful, always friendly

Cruise Director: Roberto De Pasquale - good job, speaks fluently Italian (of course), German (nice to hear his Italian-German accent), Spanish and of course: English

Executive Hoisekeeper: Nicolas Christopher - his team has done a tremendous job, cheering Dedy, one of the best cabin steward ever!

Executive Chef: Matthew Cole - very silent, but if you speak to him, he make things happen [emoji3]

Restaurant Manager: Martin Cliff - an excellent ExeChief, always visible, even during night time, perfect attitude!

Beverage Manager: Timea Bartha - one of the best F&B I've ever met on a cruise ship, very open minded, has one of the best crew staff I found on a cruise ship, honestly!

Guest Services Manager: Jaimaline Rocas -did a very good job, no complains.

Group Service Coordinator: Cholette Hayag.- also a good part of this team, no complains.

Also I'd like to mention: the brilliant restaurant chief at Cagneys (forgotten his name): great guy with a silent, perfect attitude! British style [emoji56]

Bar staff: all 8 bartenders working in Spinnaker Lounge between 10 and 12, never seen such an perfect team!!!

And finally the 'Stars' of my cruise: Nash & Max, both are from St. Lucia, very good Bartenders with a great mind and a sensitive touch, if you have ever the chance meet them in person, please give them a big hug [emoji6]. Also Mitch, (Michard) who is currently on vacation and will replace Max(ime) again when he and Nash will go on vacation November 6th.

Overall: perfect cruise with an outstanding crew, never met such an brilliant bunch of people on a cruise ship ever!

Like someone else said........this brings back great memories.

We've sailed with most of these officers.

My favorite are

Vesna Campos - what a wonderful lady. She did something very special for us one night....

Roberto - oh my what a great CD and a great person. You can tell that he loves his job.

Stefan- HD - when we sailed with him, he was very nice, but not seen very often.

Our concierge on the Jade was Bruno, who is among the best.

Judy

To be honest to you: after this cruise I've heard some major concerns about Omar. I really can't tell you the details and why, but some very good friends of mine stayed in Haven didn't gave the best reputation of him [emoji43]

I absolutely disagree - here we go again basing opinions on other peoples remarks.

The guy is fantastic and at the end of a very long contract. Do you work 7 days a week for 6 months constantly bombarded with guests and issues to solve. He like all the others is human and if you have a problem keep it to yourself or tell NCL! end of!!

I know I will get a lot of flack over this post but it really is time that we stop attacking individuals or making any negative remarks about them as they can not defend themselves.

I wonder what they would write about you or your friends if the could.

If you think Stefan is the best HD you ever cruised with let me tell you that you have not cruised often with NCL.

He may good but there are plenty better.

I do not think that anyone would disagree that Klaus Lugmaier was in a different league (higher) and Stefan maybe good but Klaus is the Man United top of the premier league or Chelsea.

Captain: Ingar Kjellar (from Norway) - very good Captain, not very often see-able but always hearable via the ceiling-loudspeakers

Hotel Director: Stefan Antonescu - brilliant, best HD I ever met

F&B Director: Vesna Campos - open minded, very often in the main restaurants, helpful, always friendly

Cruise Director: Roberto De Pasquale - good job, speaks fluently Italian (of course), German (nice to hear his Italian-German accent), Spanish and of course: English

Executive Hoisekeeper: Nicolas Christopher - his team has done a tremendous job, cheering Dedy, one of the best cabin steward ever!

Executive Chef: Matthew Cole - very silent, but if you speak to him, he make things happen [emoji3]

Restaurant Manager: Martin Cliff - an excellent ExeChief, always visible, even during night time, perfect attitude!

Beverage Manager: Timea Bartha - one of the best F&B I've ever met on a cruise ship, very open minded, has one of the best crew staff I found on a cruise ship, honestly!

Guest Services Manager: Jaimaline Rocas -did a very good job, no complains.

Group Service Coordinator: Cholette Hayag.- also a good part of this team, no complains.

Also I'd like to mention: the brilliant restaurant chief at Cagneys (forgotten his name): great guy with a silent, perfect attitude! British style [emoji56]

Bar staff: all 8 bartenders working in Spinnaker Lounge between 10 and 12, never seen such an perfect team!!!

And finally the 'Stars' of my cruise: Nash & Max, both are from St. Lucia, very good Bartenders with a great mind and a sensitive touch, if you have ever the chance meet them in person, please give them a big hug [emoji6]. Also Mitch, (Michard) who is currently on vacation and will replace Max(ime) again when he and Nash will go on vacation November 6th.

Overall: perfect cruise with an outstanding crew, never met such an brilliant bunch of people on a cruise ship ever!

Thanks for your comments...going on Jade for first time in October...Lately I have been sailing the Gem and absolutely loved the crew and was feeling a bit nervous going over to the Jade..;)

I absolutely disagree - here we go again basing opinions on other peoples remarks.

The guy is fantastic and at the end of a very long contract. Do you work 7 days a week for 6 months constantly bombarded with guests and issues to solve. He like all the others is human and if you have a problem keep it to yourself or tell NCL! end of!!

I know I will get a lot of flack over this post but it really is time that we stop attacking individuals or making any negative remarks about them as they can not defend themselves.

If you think Stefan is the best HD you ever cruised with let me tell you that you have not cruised often with NCL.

I do not think that anyone would disagree that Klaus Lugmaier was in a different league (higher) and Stefan maybe good but Klaus is the Man United top of the premier league or Chelsea.

Yes, you will get some deserved flack. Not because you have a differing opinion but because you seem to believe that it is inappropriate to post a personal report and opinion or the first hand reports and opinions of others.

Many times, conflicting evidence can both be true. That is especially true when hearing reports concerning cruise staff ratings. There have been many times I have received superb treatment from cruise staff who treated my cruise mates very shabbily (and vice-versa). Same crew member but different people chemistry.

So, I think everyone should feel free to share their personal observations and first hand reports of others and be tolerant of those opinions. By the same token, everyone should feel free to post differing opinions. That way the readers can be forewarned and forearmed before boarding and adjust their interpersonal action skills accordingly.

Edited by Uniall

...That way the readers can be forewarned and forearmed before boarding and adjust their interpersonal action skills accordingly.

Well said! My intend of these two postings has been, first to share with you MY personal observations, if they are right or wrong, everybody is able to figure out by themselves. Second: to reflect an opinion because I've heard so good stories about this concierge so I asked two couples who sailed a lot with NCL and both said independently that they were a little bit disappointed. It could be on one single day or on the whole (so far) cruise. But as Uniall already said, it's a question of expectation setting: better a little bit lower than higher, so a positive surprise is always better than a negative. Again, I'm far away from blaming somebody, just wants to give a heads up.

...and was feeling a bit nervous going over to the Jade..;)

Why are you nervous? There's no reason for it, honestly. The best strategy imho is to be open minded and be always friendly and respectful to every crew member. What me impressed most was the presence of the management staff of the Jade. I walked a lot on this ship but the officers did double it. Always visible, always friendly and always open for a chat. Never got an short of unfriendly answer or signal, so no reason for getting nervous [emoji6]

Why are you nervous? There's no reason for it, honestly. The best strategy imho is to be open minded and be always friendly and respectful to every crew member. What me impressed most was the presence of the management staff of the Jade. I walked a lot on this ship but the officers did double it. Always visible, always friendly and always open for a chat. Never got an short of unfriendly answer or signal, so no reason for getting nervous [emoji6]

I probably should not have used the word "nervous".:rolleyes:...as I can say I have always thought the crews on all the NCL ships have been great....it is just that for a few years it was always so very nice to meet up with crew on the Gem from previous sailings...so it was just extra special to sail with again..;)

...so it was just extra special to sail with again..;)

All right, fully understandable. That's one of the big moments: if you met somebody from the crew of a former cruise and he recognize you. This time on the Jade is was the other way round, one bartender didn't knew that I was going on 'his' ship, so I surprised him in Hamburg. It seems that he was positive surprised [emoji1]

Well said! My intend of these two postings has been, first to share with you MY personal observations, if they are right or wrong, everybody is able to figure out by themselves. Second: to reflect an opinion because I've heard so good stories about this concierge so I asked two couples who sailed a lot with NCL and both said independently that they were a little bit disappointed. It could be on one single day or on the whole (so far) cruise. But as Uniall already said, it's a question of expectation setting: better a little bit lower than higher, so a positive surprise is always better than a negative. Again, I'm far away from blaming somebody, just wants to give a heads up.

Now they are a little disappointed. Previously the third party had" serious concerns". It can not be both so you have now given in your evidence conflicting views

This is precisely what I mean. You have now given two different views and the latter is very different to the former.

Uniall is right what he says about evidence, but since you were not there and it is purely hearsay the evidence is worthless about the concierge. As I observe from your own posts you have changed your view presumably for that reason. You are going on someone else opinion. Certainly not fact.

I do not disagree with you about your opinions they are just that - they are what you find. I just think making adverse comments on these boards about crew is unhelpful as it will cloud peoples own judgement before they sail.

I am not a religious person but the bible has a great lesson about talking bad about a person. You can do much harm to them and in this case unjustly. So for the record Omar is in my opinion based on meeting with him and sailing with him fin.

Edited by bmwman

Now they are a little disappointed. Previously the third party had" serious concerns". It can not be both so you have now given in your evidence conflicting views

This is precisely what I mean. You have now given two different views and the latter is very different to the former.

Uniall is right what he says about evidence, but since you were not there and it is purely hearsay the evidence is worthless about the concierge. As I observe from your own posts you have changed your view presumably for that reason. You are going on someone else opinion. Certainly not fact.

I do not disagree with you about your opinions they are just that - they are what you find. I just think making adverse comments on these boards about crew is unhelpful as it will cloud peoples own judgement before they sail.

I am not a religious person but the bible has a great lesson about talking bad about a person. You can do much harm to them and in this case unjustly. So for the record Omar is in my opinion based on meeting with him and sailing with him fin.

You misinterpret my view and statements. One of the great misconceptions of the law's "hearsay rule" is that it is not permitted or useless. I've introduced "hearsay" evidence hundreds of times at trial.

The "hearsay" rule does not permit third hand statements of what happened to prove the "truthfulness" that those things happened.

But, those statements may be introduced to prove that someone else says those things happened.

Why? Because in the "real world" people take advice from family, friends, and strangers all the time. Based upon past "reliability" of that person, we ascribe greater or lessor weight to what they say. We then use those statements as a guide when we encounter the same people or situation. (e.g. trusting, cautious, candid, secretive, etc)

That's why statements by "reliable" secret informants are used every day as evidence to prove a crime was probably committed ("probable cause"). That's sufficient evidence to allow an arrest or issuance of a search warrant but not enough to convict.

Please, rethink your position and your attempts to impose censorship on your fellow Cruise Critics.

Edited by Uniall

I will speak about Omar first hand. We sailed with him in February on the Jade and am disappointed that he might be there when we sail again in November on the Jade. We found him to be nice, but gave all of his attention to the Haven Suites. We were discussing the cruise with some fellow 2 bedroom suite cruisers ( 2 cabins, same family) and they did not even know who he was and what he did. We saw him 3 times, when we boarded, when we asked about priority seating for suites (he said it was only for Haven) and when we got off the ship. He did stop by our cabin a few times and left a note. It was always dinner time so we never saw him. We called him once to have him change reservations for dinner and he put us off to an assistant.

Point is I am not really bad mouthing him. He just was not as great with us as he was with some people. Maybe they were Haven guest and that why they got better service.

I will speak about Omar first hand. We sailed with him in February on the Jade and am disappointed that he might be there when we sail again in November on the Jade. We found him to be nice, but gave all of his attention to the Haven Suites. We were discussing the cruise with some fellow 2 bedroom suite cruisers ( 2 cabins, same family) and they did not even know who he was and what he did. We saw him 3 times, when we boarded, when we asked about priority seating for suites (he said it was only for Haven) and when we got off the ship. He did stop by our cabin a few times and left a note. It was always dinner time so we never saw him. We called him once to have him change reservations for dinner and he put us off to an assistant.

Point is I am not really bad mouthing him. He just was not as great with us as he was with some people. Maybe they were Haven guest and that why they got better service.

Susieque

This may make your post clearer.

John

You misinterpret my view and statements. One of the great misconceptions of the law's "hearsay rule" is that it is not permitted or useless. I've introduced "hearsay" evidence hundreds of times at trial.

The "hearsay" rule does not permit third hand statements of what happened to prove the "truthfulness" that those things happened.

But, those statements may be introduced to prove that someone else says those things happened.

Why? Because in the "real world" people take advice from family, friends, and strangers all the time. Based upon past "reliability" of that person, we ascribe greater or lessor weight to what they say. We then use those statements as a guide when we encounter the same people or situation. (e.g. trusting, cautious, candid, secretive, etc)

That's why statements by "reliable" secret informants are used every day as evidence to prove a crime was probably committed ("probable cause"). That's sufficient evidence to allow an arrest or issuance of a search warrant but not enough to convict.

Please, rethink your position and your attempts to impose censorship on your fellow Cruise Critics.

I maintain my view point - its not censorship its common decency. I suspect you are quoting US law not he same for the UK - The admissibility of hearsay evidence in criminal proceedings is set out in sections 114 - 136 of Part II Criminal Justice Act 2003 and is controlled. Both parties have to agree. Has the concierge agreed.

John I am not going to continue this as this is not what the board is about but I will not resile from my position that bad mouthing defenceless crew is disgraceful and shameful. I wonder what the concierge thought of the passenger.

By the way if you are a lawyer you seem to have not commented on the fact that the degree of complaint changed between the two posts,

So if you want to reply please do but do not expect another reply from me

I maintain my view point - its not censorship its common decency. I suspect you are quoting US law not he same for the UK - The admissibility of hearsay evidence in criminal proceedings is set out in sections 114 - 136 of Part II Criminal Justice Act 2003 and is controlled. Both parties have to agree. Has the concierge agreed.

John I am not going to continue this as this is not what the board is about but I will not resile from my position that bad mouthing defenceless crew is disgraceful and shameful. I wonder what the concierge thought of the passenger.

By the way if you are a lawyer you seem to have not commented on the fact that the degree of complaint changed between the two posts,

So if you want to reply please do but do not expect another reply from me

I now understand part of the problem.

UK law allows the supression of free speech when it would be anathema in the US. Perhaps that is the core of our differing beliefs. By the by, the UK abolished the rule against self incrimination in the 1990s in order to convict IRA members in northern Ireland. You can still remain silent but it will be evidence of guilt. That's another thing we'd never allow in the US.

Does anyone know the current lineup on the Getaway?

Getaway cruise 27th July:

Johan Stofling, Captain, from Sweden

Carsten Fosbo, Chief Engineer, from Denmark

Per Ivar Hoydal, Staff Captain, from Norway

Errol Bailey, Hotel Director, from Jamaica

Silas Cook, Cruise Director, from US

Anil Chinthapatta, Food and Beverage Director, from India

Evangelos Markozannes, Assistant Hotel Director, from Greece

Jose Omier, Executive Housekeeper, from Nicaragua

Tyson Pinto, Executice Chef, from India

Shennily Arquillano, Guest Service Manager, from Phillipines

Tanberg D'Souza, Restaurant Manager, from India

Krzystof Tomaz Kuczmera, Beverage Manager, from Poland

They were all great and we met them all during different functions.

To be honest to you: after this cruise I've heard some major concerns about Omar. I really can't tell you the details and why, but some very good friends of mine stayed in Haven didn't gave the best reputation of him [emoji43]

I stayed in the DOS in April on the Jade and Omar was perfect. Always there, and when something wasn't right I called him and he always picked up. Whatever I needed appeared within 15 minutes.