2017 -List of officers , concierge, hotel director etc.

sjnyc323

Any clue Who may be Staffing the Dawn on September 8th Cruise? I know... it is still 75 days away.

Hi NH Cruiser,

Hi to you and Patty! We are on the week after you and would like to know who is on! Hope Alain is on! He is one of my favorites!

Hi NH Cruiser,

Hi to you and Patty! We are on the week after you and would like to know who is on! Hope Alain is on! He is one of my favorites!

I hope he is on too! Last time we cruised on the Dawn he was. Very good to hear from you. Would have been a blast to be cruising the same week. Our cruises to tend to be at the same time the past few years.

Our dinner with Alain ,and you too, is a high point that we still speak of today. That Osso Bucco in La Cucina was perfect.

Hey everyone,

I was curious if anyone knows what orficers / CD / ACD will be on the Breakaway in August of this Year?

Also, I’m curious if anyone knows where the following staff may be these days? I really want to thank them with gifts if any have transferred to the Breakaway..

Virginia (former Escspe Haven Concierge)

Arnie (Haven Butler last year)

Jenmark (Group Coordinator)

Arnie told us last October he would be heading to the Breakway so I assume he will be there in August.

Right now Arnie is in Alaska

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

And here is the issue I have been speaking about. The crew think they know where they are going but changes are happening so often. Other than maybe the opening team who will be going to Bliss (yes the usual team will be there) I suspect that there can be no certainty who will be where too far out. I might be wrong but the evidence seems to support this view. So whatever anyone tells us they are only an e mail away from change.

Remember any company need to crew ships - simple -to them its an asset that needs to be used where the best fit is or the need!!

With the latest retirees no doubt there will be changes to the schedule this were not planned

Wow.... we will miss Musti, Prem and Captain Hilden. I also miss O'Neill, Bar manager, who had to take care of family business.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

O'neil is doing very well and loving being with his family

I almost fell out of my chair. O'Neill no longer working on NCL? Really? Say it ain't so!

Sorry, but Yes it is true, O'neil has not been with Norwegian for several months. He is doing very well and more important very very happy.

NCL Dawn 6-9-17 to 6-16-17

J.C Sanchez - Cruise Director :D

Teo Grabic - Captian

Andreas Sommerfeld - F&B

Osley Ollivierre - Exc. housekeeper

Ana-Maria Haza -GSM

Paulo Vaz -Exc. Chief

Alain magnier - H.D.

Ionela Oprisan - Restaurant Manager

Raj Rodrigues - Beverage Manager

And THE Anne Barbaza - Group Service Coordinator

Teo Grabic - Captian

Andreas Sommerfeld - F&B

Ana-Maria Haza -GSM

Paulo Vaz -Exc. Chief

Alain magnier - H.D.

I'm so glad to see that someone else appreciates Anne!!!

She is the best.

Of course, Alain is tops too.

I remember when Andreas was a chef.

Good for him.

Ana-Maria is super and has been on the Dawn for ages.

I hope he is on too! Last time we cruised on the Dawn he was. Very good to hear from you. Would have been a blast to be cruising the same week. Our cruises to tend to be at the same time the past few years.

Our dinner with Alain ,and you too, is a high point that we still speak of today. That Osso Bucco in La Cucina was perfect.

Dinner was great! Awesome company! We are going later than usual. We are also hooked on the suite life!

Teo Grabic - Captian

Andreas Sommerfeld - F&B

Ana-Maria Haza -GSM

Paulo Vaz -Exc. Chief

Alain magnier - H.D.

Thanks for the info! We met you and your wife many years ago on the Dawn!

When the new management plan is completely implemented and all the beloved on board officers and crew have been replaced, perhaps we'll see New NCL. :o

If today's crew thinks things are tough, wait till they see tomorrow's plans.

On the Plus side, the officers will shed the old dowdy blue or plain white uniforms for rich red uniforms with silver breast plates and red plumed helmets. ;)

Here's a peek at the future. I really like the cut of the new style Captain and H.D. :D

Enjoy,

John :evilsmile: or :halo:

I'll be on the Escape mid-July. Anyone have a listing of who'll be the HD, Asst HD, etc? Much appreciated!

Current HD is Jovo

Asst HD Errol Nelson

CD Tyler Gray

Captain Niklas Perrson

When the new management plan is completely implemented and all the beloved on board officers and crew have been replaced, perhaps we'll see New NCL. :o

If today's crew thinks things are tough, wait till they see tomorrow's plans.

On the Plus side, the officers will shed the old dowdy blue or plain white uniforms for rich red uniforms with silver breast plates and red plumed helmets. ;)

Here's a peek at the future. I really like the cut of the new style Captain and H.D. :D

Enjoy,

John :evilsmile: or :halo:

Brilliant

I was on the Breakaway on June 11th - June 18th and the following Director/Management team was on board:

Mikhail Hilden- Captain (He announced that this was his last cruise with NCL :-( )

Vuk Malobabic- Hotel Director

Sayeed Razavi-Assistant Hotel Director

Alvin Olivia-Cruise Director (See below)

Shailendra Sawant- Food & Beverage Director

Olden Senior- Executive Housekeeper

Dia Ambida-Vanosmael-Guest Service Manager

The general crew on the Norwegian Breakaway were very good and completely what we have come to expect from a NCL cruise. After sailing on the Norwegian Sun (August 2016) and the Norwegian Escape (March 2016) last year, which I had great experiences from, I would only say that this group of Directors and managers were average to non-existent from my previous experiences. I saw the Hotel Director and Assistant Hotel Director only a few times in passing. No treats at all were delivered to our cabin (I don't expect these but it is a nice touch and I have not had any cruise on which I received nothing). I saw the Cruise Director, Alvin, in person just a few times the entire cruise at the end of evening shows. As I traveled around the ship, my interaction or contact with any of the CD team was minimal. No one from the Cruise Director team were at the Pool during three days at sea organizing dancing, activities or silliness. The only exception was the few (not even the normal amount) canned games which were conducted by a CD assistant quickly and the assistant left after it was completed. I was disappointed because the pool is where a large majority of the people congregate on sea days in the tropics. Many lost opportunities to create good will and promote loyalty in my opinion and a stark contrast to my experiences last year.

For perspective, the Director/ management team (except for the Cruise Director) on the Norwegian Sun last year were all EXCELLENT and were always around, offering assistance and meeting and greeting guests!! Vesna Campos, the Food and Beverage Director at that time even made paper folding gifts for my children in the main dining room one night (which they still have). The Hotel Director (Rumi Khatao), Food and Beverage Director (Vesna Campos) and Concierge (Joaquin Dumipig) all sent nightly treats to our cabin. I even received a few calls to check on us and ensuring we were having a pleasant cruise. Wow!!

Equally excellent was the Director/management team on the Escape last year. The Cruise Director, Silas Cook and the Hotel Director, Sean Wurmhoeringer stood out. The Cruise Director and Hotel Director were everywhere and the Hotel Director also sent treats to our cabin. I saw Silas multiple times a day, every day, on the Escape cruise. He and they (his staff) were tireless. Silas and his team were everywhere and he was even on the gangway deck saying goodbye to departing passengers and even recognizing me personally. That being on the Norwegian Escape which is slightly larger ship than the Breakaway and out of Miami where the pool deck was more fully utilized.

In my opinion, NCL needs more CD like Silas and less CD like Alvin!

There were many, many good things about this cruise for us, and I am writing a more comprehensive review, but the Directors and management team on the Breakaway were a disappointing point for me on our cruise a few weeks ago.

Alan

Edited by arestep

I was on the Breakaway on June 11th - June 18th and the following Director/Management team was on board:

Mikhail Hilden- Captain (He announced that this was his last cruise with NCL :-( )

Vuk Malobabic- Hotel Director

Sayeed Razavi-Assistant Hotel Director

Alvin Olivia-Cruise Director (See below)

Shailendra Sawant- Food & Beverage Director

Olden Senior- Executive Housekeeper

Dia Ambida-Vanosmael-Guest Service Manager

The general crew on the Norwegian Breakaway were very good and completely what we have come to expect from a NCL cruise. After sailing on the Norwegian Sun (August 2016) and the Norwegian Escape (March 2016) last year, which I had great experiences from, I would only say that this group of Directors and managers were average to non-existent from my previous experiences. I saw the Hotel Director and Assistant Hotel Director only a few times in passing. No treats at all were delivered to our cabin (I don't expect these but it is a nice touch and I have not had any cruise on which I received nothing). I saw the Cruise Director, Alvin, in person just a few times the entire cruise at the end of evening shows. As I traveled around the ship, my interaction or contact with any of the CD team was minimal. No one from the Cruise Director team were at the Pool during three days at sea organizing dancing, activities or silliness. The only exception was the few (not even the normal amount) canned games which were conducted by a CD assistant quickly and the assistant left after it was completed. I was disappointed because the pool is where a large majority of the people congregate on sea days in the tropics. Many lost opportunities to create good will and promote loyalty in my opinion and a stark contrast to my experiences last year.

For perspective, the Director/ management team (except for the Cruise Director) on the Norwegian Sun last year were all EXCELLENT and were always around, offering assistance and meeting and greeting guests!! Vesna Campos, the Food and Beverage Director at that time even made paper folding gifts for my children in the main dining room one night (which they still have). The Hotel Director (Rumi Khatao), Food and Beverage Director (Vesna Campos) and Concierge (Joaquin Dumipig) all sent nightly treats to our cabin. I even received a few calls to check on us and ensuring we were having a pleasant cruise. Wow!!

Equally excellent was the Director/management team on the Escape last year. The Cruise Director, Silas Cook and the Hotel Director, Sean Wurmhoeringer stood out. The Cruise Director and Hotel Director were everywhere and the Hotel Director also sent treats to our cabin. I saw Silas multiple times a day, every day, on the Escape cruise. He and they (his staff) were tireless. Silas and his team were everywhere and he was even on the gangway deck saying goodbye to departing passengers and even recognizing me personally. That being on the Norwegian Escape which is slightly larger ship than the Breakaway and out of Miami where the pool deck was more fully utilized.

In my opinion, NCL needs more CD like Silas and less CD like Alvin!

There were many, many good things about this cruise for us, and I am writing a more comprehensive review, but the Directors and management team on the Breakaway were a disappointing point for me on our cruise a few weeks ago.

Alan

Sean is in a class of his own. He's exceptional that's why he is on Joy now

Arnie told us last October he would be heading to the Breakway so I assume he will be there in August.

That would be so great if Arnie were on the Breakaway, he was great! I wonder if they let you request butlers?

Sean is in a class of his own. He's exceptional that's why he is on Joy now

I am not going to disagree with you but there are others in his class. Prem was and I am told, still, quite exceptional, and Klaus Lugmaier was simply the best and he trained Sean. As an HD he was the top of the tree. But the long post you replied to reconfirms my view that the teams are now changing and they are not replacing great crew with the same calibre.

There have been others. The late Calvin Lodge ( who we still miss) was destined to be one of the best. For some Hugo was up there.

Again mention for Richard Janicki now on the Gem - Another excellent HD and a true gentlemen - the old school

I wonder if Sean will open the Bliss or will NCL start building a new opening team as the new ships come out thick and fast and perhaps a new generation of HD will be needed.