2017 -List of officers , concierge, hotel director etc.

sjnyc323

We are sailing in less than a month and would appreciate any updates on Jade HD & Concierge? Also, does anyone know where Adrian Bica & Carlos Zirate are?

Thanks

Adrian is on the Joy.

Just back from the Escape:

Captain - Niklas Persson

Hotel Director - Jovo Sekulovic

Asst Hotel Director - Kevin Bland

F&B Director - Kivanc Ucar

Exec Housekeeper - Jose Omier

Cruise Director - Gray Tyler Neil

Guest Services Manager - Nomita Rambhunjan

Executive Chef - Prejith Sukumaran :D

Restaurant Manager - Melvin Lobo

Beverage Manager - Petrus Emilaire

Concierge - Rashida Lumpas

Butler - Totaram Sookdeo (One of our favorites with a great since of humor.)

Chef should be on the Escape till mid June, then Getaway for a couple of months, then vacation, then back to the Escape.

Petrus got off today and will be going to the Pearl through mid November.

We had the pleasure of meeting Melvin Lobo and Kivanc Ucar for the first time on this cruise. Can't say enough great things about these two gentlemen.

Pat

Hi. I'm sailing the Escape July 8. Will Rashida still be the concierge? How is she and if you have sailed

in Haven on other ships before (or even Escape), how does she compare to the others.

Thanks so much!

Hi. I'm sailing the Escape July 8. Will Rashida still be the concierge? How is she and if you have sailed

in Haven on other ships before (or even Escape), how does she compare to the others.

Thanks so much!

We only sail in suites so there's a lot to compare. I'll try to answer delicately...no comparison. We were in the Owners Suite, so we were staying in the Haven area. We felt she and her assistants were a bit overwhelmed most of the time. Others may disagree, but that was our experience and also that of several Haven guests we met.

Hopefully, if she's still there in July, your mileage will vary.

Pat

I think that Steven should have his vacation in early July which means he may return in early September.

With all the changes beginning to occur, do not known if he will return to The Jewel.

Thanks! Was wondering whether or not he would be on the Jewel for the transPacific relocation to Australia. Cheers!

We only sail in suites so there's a lot to compare. I'll try to answer delicately...no comparison. We were in the Owners Suite, so we were staying in the Haven area. We felt she and her assistants were a bit overwhelmed most of the time. Others may disagree, but that was our experience and also that of several Haven guests we met.

Pat

Thank you.

We have had John and Adrian in the past and LOVED them both. We also had someone else, name escaping me, that was just okay at best and when my dd told me when we got home that he couldn't move a Cagneys ressie an hour later that evening when requested in the morning, it just annoyed me more.

Looking forward to July and thank you for your honest answer. Is she new?

Thank you.

We have had John and Adrian in the past and LOVED them both. We also had someone else, name escaping me, that was just okay at best and when my dd told me when we got home that he couldn't move a Cagneys ressie an hour later that evening when requested in the morning, it just annoyed me more.

Looking forward to July and thank you for your honest answer. Is she new?

Yes Rashida is fairly new to this position. Before being promoted into this position she was the Hotel Director's Secretary.

Thanks Suzie. We were aware of this back in October 2016 when the BA HD came up came up in last year. We too think the world of Prem and NCL have lost a great HD - any idea where he is now?[/quote]

Rumor has it Holland America has a really great Hotel Director! Looks like there may be a Hal cruise in our future.

Pat

Thanks I found this out from CC some time ago after the post -we agree just getting my head around going back from almost ambassador level to bottom of the pile again !!

Edited by bmwman

Any updates on Epic for June sailing... would love to know who the Cruise Director is... and any info on cruise director staff too.

Also, if anyone knows who the Howl at the Moon pianists are too... the last few cruises I appear to have been accidentally stalking the same ones... be great to kow beforehand who im stalking this year! 😁

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

I think Pedro Serra is there - Very good

Pat

Thanks for the comments- This lady seems to take a lot of "bashing". Stop comparing her to others. She is much newer than the those quoted and so much depends on the assistants.

Our experience with her excellent so there you go cannot please all the people all the time.

NCL like others are short of concierges of the the Ruth H experience and we will not see her likes and that of the others mentioned again or a long time. With all the new tonnage coming online the competition for good Concierges has never been so great and managing the Haven and PP passengers is not the best job in the industry I would have thought.

Edited by bmwman

Thanks for the comments- This lady seems to take a lot of "bashing". Stop comparing her to others. She is much newer than the those quoted and so much depends on the assistants.

Our experience with her excellent so there you go cannot please all the people all the time.

I do not disagree with your concluding Rashida is the target of undeserved bashing. But, I don't believe lack of experience is a big factor in judging the worth of a concierge, at sea or on land.

I think the overriding factor of a great concierge is whether or not they're a "People Person". In my opinion, love of personal interaction with others is 60% of the job, with organization skills 20% and resource contact list 20%.

"Natural" concierges may fail from time to time because they're in temporary crisis mode or they're resource contacts refuse to cooperate. But, the "naturals' still come off with personal and professional warmth and charm.

Even in dire moments of great stress, the "Naturals" have the gift of being able to tell someone to "go to hell" and have them look forward to the trip. In the real world, I've witnessed Carlos Zarate, Senior Concierge, and David Contraras, Young Turk Concierge, do exactly that. They are both consummate People Persons.

"Bashing"? Shame on you. Absolutely NOT!

I was ASKED for MY opinion and that is what I gave based on MY experience and NOT hear say. I was also ASKED how she COMPARED to other concierges.

Would it have been better if I had given a false review? For whatever it's worth, I've had some of the better concierges over the years even when a couple of them were "newer" and no, she didn't compare to them.

Pat

"Bashing"? Shame on you. Absolutely NOT!

I was ASKED for MY opinion and that is what I gave based on MY experience and NOT hear say. I was also ASKED how she COMPARED to other concierges.

Would it have been better if I had given a false review? For whatever it's worth, I've had some of the better concierges over the years even when a couple of them were "newer" and no, she didn't compare to them.

Pat

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. I greatly appreciated it. If she was the assistant to the Hotel Director, I can see lack of experience would be an issue. I thought that most concierges were promoted from butlers and were possible concierges back home. Oh well, either way looking forward to July and thank you again for taking the time to answer. :)

I do not disagree with your concluding Rashida is the target of undeserved bashing. But, I don't believe lack of experience is a big factor in judging the worth of a concierge, at sea or on land.

I think the overriding factor of a great concierge is whether or not they're a "People Person". In my opinion, love of personal interaction with others is 60% of the job, with organization skills 20% and resource contact list 20%.

"Natural" concierges may fail from time to time because they're in temporary crisis mode or they're resource contacts refuse to cooperate. But, the "naturals' still come off with personal and professional warmth and charm.

Even in dire moments of great stress, the "Naturals" have the gift of being able to tell someone to "go to hell" and have them look forward to the trip. In the real world, I've witnessed Carlos Zarate, Senior Concierge, and David Contraras, Young Turk Concierge, do exactly that. They are both consummate People Persons.

Excellent post. Thanks.

I missed David Contraras by one week. Disembarked Epic 3/4/17. Look forward to meeting him sometime.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you - amazing reply and I agree with you. That is my central issue she is in our opinion great at her job but maybe not as "friendly" as David, Adrian or formerly Ruth. The fact is she has now been a concierge for 4 years and if she was that bad she would not be with NCL. A concierge is there to make things happen not to be your "bestie". That she does but I do concede that your percentages are also relevant to this conversation. you also quite rightly say, they are gifted ,and not everyone is.

Even a politically correct reply is obvious and transparent. As my late mum taught me if you can not say something nice say nothing AT ALL.

Meanwhile if Rashida is our concierge later this year and next cruise I will be delighted.

The comment regarding the butlers is wrong. Concierges come through Guest Services if at all. The other point to make is that the amazing Maxi, butler never has become a concierge.

I am actually as all will gather fed up with a bulletin board being used to bad mouth hard working people who they do not know or relate to. They can not defend themselves and people go on their cruse preconditioned to a poor team member. Meet people the and form your own opinion but do not (if negative) pass it on or even compare one to another.

I wonder what would happen if I compared two HD together. In my view there is unlikely to be another Klaus again. Quite a remake able gentleman. But that does not make him better than say another one whom I might meet.

So lets keep this thread to what it is meant to be the ship allocation of crew members FULL STOP

I am actually as all will gather fed up with a bulletin board being used to bad mouth hard working people who they do not know or relate to. They can not defend themselves and people go on their cruse preconditioned to a poor team member. Meet people the and form your own opinion but do not (if negative) pass it on or even compare one to another.

Amen to that! While I think it's great to acknowledge good experiences you had with crew-members, I think more restraint should be used when criticizing others, especially by name. These folks work really hard, and have to be "on" all the time. Just because one person didn't live up to your recollection of another person who had the same role, doesn't mean you should be negative.

If you have repeat trouble with a particular crew member, then maybe you say something, but I feel like the standard for criticism of individual crew members should be quite a bit higher than it is sometimes.

For what it's worth, we met Rashida on the Escape and we thought she was great.

Amen to that! While I think it's great to acknowledge good experiences you had with crew-members, I think more restraint should be used when criticizing others, especially by name. These folks work really hard, and have to be "on" all the time. Just because one person didn't live up to your recollection of another person who had the same role, doesn't mean you should be negative.

If you have repeat trouble with a particular crew member, then maybe you say something, but I feel like the standard for criticism of individual crew members should be quite a bit higher than it is sometimes.

For what it's worth, we met Rashida on the Escape and we thought she was great.

Sometimes you just click with someone. I remember in college I just did not click with one of my professors, while others loved her, I just always felt that as a barrier. That did not make her a bad teacher. Just not one of my favorites. I still keep in touch with many of the others over 20+ years later.

I have posted about one butler, no longer with NCL, who literally went AWOL during our cruise. Do not think I ever named him. You just never know when someone will re-surface. Or cross your path.

But I love to mention those by name who I adore. Like Hanno, Maxi, Pedro Serra, Brian Walters, Hernan Ruiz, Jennifer, Teresa, Karin, etc.

Does anyone know if Maitre D Glaspole Facey is still with NCL? He is my hero.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Omar is the concierge on the Jade. He was awesome- we really enjoyed him!

Thanks for your reply. We had the pleasure of sailing with Omar years ago and he could not have been more accommodating.

Thanks again

am sailing on the escape in dec 2017, am handicapped,, i don't know how to post or make a thread, concerning any questions .. I am really needing answers for alot of stuff. someone help please

am sailing on the escape in dec 2017, am handicapped,, i don't know how to post or make a thread, concerning any questions .. I am really needing answers for alot of stuff. someone help please

This thread is not the place to find your answers, but I think I know where you will have better luck.

Go to to the main site - Cruise critic and click on BOARDS HOME

You can see "BOARDS HOME" at the top of this page - far left, right under the cruise critic logo

Scroll down and click on SPECIAL INTEREST CRUISING

Scroll down and click on DISABLED CRUISE TRAVEL

Read through the posts and if you don't see the answer you need, post a question.

This should be a great place for you to ask questions and find answers.

Check out all of the topics on this main page.

You may want to go to a specific cruise line and see what you can find.

There are so many topics, it can keep you busy for a long time.

Good luck!

Judy