Concierge class

stevereit34

Unless it's something crazy, you can probably write in anything you would like, even if it is not on the official menu. They get the food from the same place so if you want a ham and cheese omelet just ask for it.

We like breakfast in our cabin on every port day because it saves all the back and first coming and going (we typically are on corner aft on S class ships which is a long walk anywhere). Great relaxing way to start the day as we pull into port and get ready for our day.

When I was in a CC cabin in 2007, we were able to order from the main dining room menu and eat in our cabin.

Is that what you are talking about as far as the upgraded room service menu? Is ordering from the MDR menu still available?

It sure was nice to sit out on our balcony and have dinner!

When I was in a CC cabin in 2007, we were able to order from the main dining room menu and eat in our cabin.

Is that what you are talking about as far as the upgraded room service menu? Is ordering from the MDR menu still available?

It sure was nice to sit out on our balcony and have dinner!

Believe the OP is writing about the expanded CC breakfast menu.

Ordering from the MDR menu is available to all cabin categories for Lunch and Dinner and has been that way for probably 20 years.

Just checked the Celebrity website as well. Upgraded room service menu is listed on the Aqua class section but not on the Concierge Class section. There are some new items listed for Concierge Class (embarkation day lunch , for example). Hope this is an oversight. My wife and I really enjoyed having a nice hot breakfast each morning via room service on our last Celebrity cruise in Concierge Class. Hopefully write in ideas on the menu are allowed!

Just checked the Celebrity website as well. Upgraded room service menu is listed on the Aqua class section but not on the Concierge Class section. There are some new items listed for Concierge Class (embarkation day lunch , for example). Hope this is an oversight. My wife and I really enjoyed having a nice hot breakfast each morning via room service on our last Celebrity cruise in Concierge Class. Hopefully write in ideas on the menu are allowed!

I wouldn't worry about it, lately the breakfast menu has evolved to be almost the same for the entire ship. The only extras were smoothies, etc. Lately though they seem to be doing some rather silly cost cutting i.e.: water in Aqua. I'm guessing this is another one of those, like an earlier post said, they giveth and they take away.

Edited by dkjretired

The smoothies were nice, but heard that whilst a few extras were on the concierge menus, people with 'standard' menus would write down similar 'extras' on their card and receive it without issue. So another 'fake' perk of concierge class really.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh, dear, that is a disappointment.

We really did like the breakfast options.

We noticed it wasn't possible to order certain things through the TV ordering system, only on the paper hanging card that was in the stateroom--omelettes, I think, were only available that way.

• 2 weeks later...

We were in CC on the Silhouette last month and one of the perks listed was "expanded" room service breakfast menu. However we could not find any such thing and when we ordered Steak and eggs the first morning we incurred an additional charge

Just on a couple weeks ago in CC and never saw any additional choices for breakfast or any other meal. There was still plenty of decent food to order from the TV. Didn't affect me at all but I'm a buffet breakfast eater. Sorry to those that enjoy it via room service.

ALL the cruise lines were better 10+ years ago - and I mean ALL. We even had a butler in a mini-suite on Princess 16 yrs. ago. Life changes. :cool:

What we discovered last year was that the TV ordering screen is the same for everyone. It's the paper menu in the Concierge cabins that had more options than the TV ordering screen offered.

I didn't look at the TV menu to compare this time, but as I mentioned above, what I remembered was that the option to get a mushroom and cheese omelette was only on the paper menu.

We did have the paper menus last week in our Concierge cabin, and were able to enjoy our omelettes.

This is what I like versus a cruise we took on Carnival. It was a great cruise actually and we were in their version of the Aqua Class. But, room service didn't have any hot items for breakfast. Even the regular cabins on Celebrity have a choice of hot items.