Latest time to leave the ship?

cruisefan2012

Hi

Booked a 2 night cruise on Ventura in February 2017

Have just booked a flight from Southampton to Belfast City with flybe - the flight leaves at 14:55pm - would be at the airport from after 12pm - my question is - what is the LASTEST time you can leave the ship at ?

I dont want to be wheeling my suitcase around for hours...

Be interested to hear what people have to say

Cruisefan2012

Edited by cruisefan2012

I think it's about 9.30

I do understand why you don't want to be wheeling your case around but I'd try to find somewhere to go. Personally I find the ship on the last morning awful and the staff can't wait to get rid of you. I don't think it would be pleasant trying to sit it out

I think it's about 9.30

I do understand why you don't want to be wheeling your case around but I'd try to find somewhere to go. Personally I find the ship on the last morning awful and the staff can't wait to get rid of you. I don't think it would be pleasant trying to sit it out

We came off Oriana 3 weeks ago and were given a disembarkation time of 10.10....

Have never wanted to rush off, and actually find it quite relaxing on the last morning. We go for breakfast in the MDR as late as possible, take our time...then sit and read the paper somewhere slightly quieter, but near to our designated lounge. You will be asked towards the end of the cruise if you wish to specify a time to disembark, so just ask for the latest possible.

We have a similar predicament in 5 weeks time. We are disembarking the Oriana and joining the Azura on the same day. I contacted P&O regarding this as we have an embarkation time on the Azura of 1-30pm.

They informed me that the latest time for disembarkation on any P&O ship is 10-30am and you can request this at the Pursers desk a few days before disembarkation. Hope this helps?

• 1 month later...

OK so the latest time I can leave the ship is 10:30am on Ventura...

Next question, Is there somewhere I can leave my suitcase for a few hours (I dont mind paying a small fee) so I can go to the Sea City Museum and do a bit of shopping?

Has anybody been to the Sea City Museum? I`m truly fascinated by ALL things Titanic so looking to find out more - I`m convinced I was on it in a previous life as I love the story, history, etc

Will be travelling for a week including 2 nights on Ventura so wont have a small suitcase with me...

Have a flight at just before 3pm to Belfast ( I love Belfast ) so dont want to wheeling my suitcase around for hours - Plan to be at the airport from about 130pm - its not too far from Southampton Central station so can jump on any train...

On our recent Britannia cruise we were told the last disembarkation time was 10:30, but of course you have to be out of your cabin by 8:00am. But presumably you could loiter in the MDR or buffet after a leisurely breakfast which finished serving at 9:00 am.

We have often been the last passengers off the ship. After breakfast just relax in one of the lounges and there will be an announcement asking for any remaining passengers to disembark. The time varies depending on how the main disembarkation proceeded, but normally between 10 and 11am.

Bal

The Titanic Exhibition is quite a sobering one. I found it interesting and it whiled away a couple of hours with 'The Outlaws'. If the weather is good, you could pop over to Hythe on the ferry (takes just 12 minutes from Town Quay) and have a wander around. Take a mid-morning coffee or a late breakfast in Seashells and enjoy the views.

Hi

Booked a 2 night cruise on Ventura in February 2017

Have just booked a flight from Southampton to Belfast City with flybe - the flight leaves at 14:55pm - would be at the airport from after 12pm - my question is - what is the LASTEST time you can leave the ship at ?

I dont want to be wheeling my suitcase around for hours...

Be interested to hear what people have to say

Cruisefan2012

We request an 11.00 disembarkation on 2 different occasions and got it both times - good luck:)

We got off Aurora yesterday. We asked for a late leaving time as I hate being in a queue of people all rushing to get off for coaches etc. We were given 9.40 and asked to wait in Raffles/ Sindhu for the announcements. We were actually called at 9.15 as everything was going smoothly. Walked off, straight through to baggage reclaim, collected cases and in the car before 9.45.

FAB1

Thank you for that link - I will go to the Sea City Museum and then leave my suitcase there - I love all things Titanic as I`ve said so that will while away a few hours before I go to the airport

I`ll be flying to Belfast to spend 2 nights there visiting the Titanic Museum there (This will be my 3rd visit) They have a White Star Premium Pass tour in Belfast that has caught my eye that I will be doing - Highly recommend Belfast - Fab place !!

Thank you everybody for the advice x