Live 1st carnival journeys cruise

honestguy

Ok I may do a complete write up when I get back. I'm laying in bed watching football, and will answer questions for a little while. It's been a great cruise. Cabin is a bit noisy. It's a cove right under the galley. I'm sleeping with the tv on. I could see where senistive sleepers could have a problem. My cabin is 2408. Fyi to me it's no big deal. I only bring it up cause some would hate it. Great weather in ports. We have had some rain during sea days. But nothing major. Calm seas all in all

John heald is a funny guy. I've enjoyed him the few times I heard him speak. I loved the throwback day. They are doing meet and greets with the crew everyday. A lot of folks are enjoying that. Being I worked on board I have no interest. Food has been good. I did cheers, and 8 days in its starting to become a job to get my monies worth. Oh woe is me. Lol have another drink.

So how are the service dogs treating you, at least one person has had a problem with them.

lol. I read about all the fuss- crazy people! I am anxiously awaiting your review of the Journey cruises. We are booked on one in August on the Sunshine and I just can't wait. I think it will be interesting.:rolleyes:

Ah yes the service dogs. John Heald at first reported there was 2 on board. I've counted three. I'm not sure what one caused the ruckus in the dining room, but I have seen all three. One is a lab or a retriever of some sort. It's your typical service dog. The other two is a wiener dog(sorry I have the cheers program not trying to spell that) and what looks to be a yorkie or something similar. It's less than 5 lbs the owner pushes it around, and loves people making over the dog(a no no for a service dog) I was using the computer next to this woman with this service dog. It yipped and made noise the whole time, about 30 minutes. Later I found out about the dust up. I'm assuming this was the dog creating the ruckus. I have 15 years in the service business. I've seen countless service dogs. IMO this isn't a service dog, and if I was seated next to it in the dining room I would have issues too. I would never end my cruise early, but the guy had valid points. There is a lot of abuse taking place dealing with service dogs, in the political correct world we live in. It seems anyone can get a service dog. I'm thinking of bringing my service cat next cruise. I may try and get a service parrot as well and sell pictures with it on the lido deck during sea days

lol @ service cat

Thank you for you posting about your Journey cruise. We are going in January only the Glory. My biggest question is about the menu. I'm not sure if your ship normally has the American table but the Glory does. I wonder if we will have tablecloths and a modified American Table or a truly unique menu.

Thank you in advance for any answer you can give me.

lol @ service cat

Thank you for you posting about your Journey cruise. We are going in January only the Glory. My biggest question is about the menu. I'm not sure if your ship normally has the American table but the Glory does. I wonder if we will have tablecloths and a modified American Table or a truly unique menu.

Thank you in advance for any answer you can give me.

The dream still has the old menus. I sailed the fantasy in August old menu as well. Some days were the same. Some were older I remember from 4-5 years ago, and some were all their own. The throwback day has an old style menu from the 80s ️awesome menu. Apps soups salads. One pasta. Then the main cause and then dessert

It seems anyone can get a service dog. I'm thinking of bringing my service cat next cruise. I may try and get a service parrot as well and sell pictures with it on the lido deck during sea days

I am trying to get my service pig on board, but he will only go on a ship that has a Guy's. He is so temperament.

Thanks for your report! How was Bermuda? Did it have damage from the hurricane?

Bermuda was awesome. No real damage. If u look so e of the plants were brown from being hit with ocean spray. That was all the damage we saw

I'm thinking of bringing my service cat next cruise. I may try and get a service parrot as well and sell pictures with it on the lido deck during sea days

You could bring your cat, but you would probably end up being it's service human lol. Good thought on the parrot, you might make enough to pay for your cruise--or at least the drink pkg.

Did the Dream get the upgrade to the new Internet packages?

You could bring your cat, but you would probably end up being it's service human lol. Good thought on the parrot, you might make enough to pay for your cruise--or at least the drink pkg.

Did the Dream get the upgrade to the new Internet packages?

They have the new internet. I went for the value package 90 bucks for 11 days. It's faster than the old internet by far, but it has its moments where it freezes but nowhere near as slow as the old Internet

They have the new internet. I went for the value package 90 bucks for 11 days. It's faster than the old internet by far, but it has its moments where it freezes but nowhere near as slow as the old Internet

Do you know how much the premium was for the whole cruise? Thanks in advance

Ah yes the service dogs. John Heald at first reported there was 2 on board. I've counted three. I'm not sure what one caused the ruckus in the dining room, but I have seen all three. One is a lab or a retriever of some sort. It's your typical service dog. The other two is a wiener dog(sorry I have the cheers program not trying to spell that) and what looks to be a yorkie or something similar. It's less than 5 lbs the owner pushes it around, and loves people making over the dog(a no no for a service dog) I was using the computer next to this woman with this service dog. It yipped and made noise the whole time, about 30 minutes. Later I found out about the dust up. I'm assuming this was the dog creating the ruckus. I have 15 years in the service business. I've seen countless service dogs. IMO this isn't a service dog, and if I was seated next to it in the dining room I would have issues too. I would never end my cruise early, but the guy had valid points. There is a lot of abuse taking place dealing with service dogs, in the political correct world we live in. It seems anyone can get a service dog. I'm thinking of bringing my service cat next cruise. I may try and get a service parrot as well and sell pictures with it on the lido deck during sea days

While I'm not an expect, I have two friends that both have service dogs.. They do not dress up, nor do they yap and don't like to be petted and made a fuss over. As a matter of fact, one of my friends has to ask people to please not play with her dog... They both go everywhere with their owners and when we go out to eat, they go under the table without being told and you would never know they are there.

I heard that the guy that left believed this was not a true service dog and was upset that its owners were able to get away with bringing their "pet" on the cruise. I'm not sure we've heard the last of him.... He even left John a farewell note after getting off the ship...

Unfortunately even my own neighbor, with the help of her Vet, was able to go online and purchase a jacket that says Service Dog so she was able to take her pet dog with her to Disney :( It is very sad that people make it hard on those that truly need these animals.. Both of my friends have had their lives saved because of their Service Dogs... I would eat next to one and even have them at my table if I was on the cruise...

From what I am reading both from John and some others who are posting on that other site, it seems that everyone is really having a great time and enjoying everything going on... Please continue with your postings... You made me laugh out loud and I'm enjoying it... Even drunk, you're doing a great job !!!

Do you have some info on the new, or the changes? ie, i have heard champagne as you board, Captains reception free drinks, formal night back to the white gloves and baked Alaska, the entertainment from the various ports, Chefs from various ports, the midnight gala buffet etc

just curious

The changes are small. I wasn't offered champagne getting on board, we were on by 1115 I believe. Could be it was too early, as I tried to buy cheers and had to wait. Captains reception had white gloves and free drinks. A few tuxes were worn. I wore one. The did have baked Alaska. They had a Junkanoo band in nassau and entainers in bermuda. Various crew Q and a everyday, and today is the galley tour. The gala buffet looked amazing but I was too full to eat

The changes are small. I wasn't offered champagne getting on board, we were on by 1115 I believe. Could be it was too early, as I tried to buy cheers and had to wait. Captains reception had white gloves and free drinks. A few tuxes were worn. I wore one. The did have baked Alaska. They had a Junkanoo band in nassau and entainers in bermuda. Various crew Q and a everyday, and today is the galley tour. The gala buffet looked amazing but I was too full to eat

Cool I remember the gala buffet when we were on the Pride, lots to look at and taste! Also did the galley tour on the Pride and it was cool to see how it is all put together.............Looking forward to our Jan Journeys cruise!

THANKS for the thread and looking forward to the review!

On the journey cruise, are dress shorts allowed in MDR on non-formal nights?

My husband wears a suit on formal nights but has enjoyed not having to change before dinner on other nights.