Excursions for Falmouth

Hello, I'm on Oasis Oct 1 and I'm trying to find an excursion for our day in Falmouth . I've read a lot of reviews and it's a mixed bag of Pros and Cons to going outside the "fence" . It was suggested I book a private tour company. If anyone has experience with excursions/tour companies I would appreciate your suggestions.

We did a day at the Royalton White Sands through a third party vendor and loved it. The excursion was actually for two resorts in one day (Royalton White Sands and Blue Waters), but we just stayed at White Sands and had a great time (and it is very close to the port).

Hard to make a recommendation based on the info provided - what was good for me might be mindnumbingly awful for you. How many in your party? Ages? What do you like to do - Are you active/exploration people? Foodies? Beach bums? Sight seers? etc...

Hard to make a recommendation based on the info provided - what was good for me might be mindnumbingly awful for you. How many in your party? Ages? What do you like to do - Are you active/exploration people? Foodies? Beach bums? Sight seers? etc...

There are 4 of us I guess we all like different things that's why I left it opened ended. We are looking for "All" of the things you mention.Having never been there we want to get the most out of our time, therefore are open to most anything. My experience with cruise critic is that most of you are veteran cruisers who have learned what's best over the years, rather than guess what might be fun I find it much easier to rely on all of your experience. Thanks

There are 4 of us I guess we all like different things that's why I left it opened ended. We are looking for "All" of the things you mention.Having never been there we want to get the most out of our time, therefore are open to most anything. My experience with cruise critic is that most of you are veteran cruisers who have learned what's best over the years, rather than guess what might be fun I find it much easier to rely on all of your experience. Thanks

If you are looking for a variety of experiences, Courtney Taylor is probably the name I hear the most for private operators. They have many "combination" options that include several different excursions. http://courtneytaylortours.com/

Most of their tours include a stop at Scotchies, which is fantastic local cuisine. Bring cash to pay for the food.

We did an outside RC excursion a number of years back called Bamboo Beach Club that included river tubing and a great lunch at a beautiful beach. I would definately recommend it. It was a little sketchy at first but turned out to be one of our best excursions ever.

We were there in Jan 2016 and we chose Reggae Hill, which we really enjoyed. SUPER laid back excursion. They bring you lots of delicious food while you listen to a live reggae band and wade in the nearby river. And lots of Red Stripe! The bus ride there was about 45 minutes to 1 hour.

We did a day at the Royalton White Sands through a third party vendor and loved it. The excursion was actually for two resorts in one day (Royalton White Sands and Blue Waters), but we just stayed at White Sands and had a great time (and it is very close to the port).

We were considering going to white sands, but I read a recent daypass review on TripAdvisor that said a family had to leave their passports at the security gate. Was that your experience? I don't want to go there because of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did a walking tour with Falmouth Heritage Tours. It was hot, but it was interesting. A good way to see the local way of life and learn some history.

We had two young ladies that were our guides. One at the front of the group that was the "main" guide that told you most of the information and one that brought up the back of the group to make sure everyone was together. You can find reviews on TripAdvisor.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We'll be there 2 days after you and booked the Falmouth Food Tour through Jamaica Culinary Tours. Great reviews here on CC and TripAdvisor.

My wife and I did this tour, it is really good. Falmouth has some sketchy areas, so just walking around is not totally safe in some areas. The food tour was perfect.

Not to mention is was quite inexpensive, but get ready to WALK! It is a fair bit of walking.

I had a great time with midwife wandering around Fallmouth ourselves. We went to the Jerk Shack for lunch , visited a Jamaican Patty store for a snack, went to a local grocery store for cheap rum and Jamaican spices. People watched and took pictures around town.

Sent from my STH100-1 using Tapatalk