Any Photos Of Koningsdam's Vista Suites?

Dejlig Ko

Booked in a aft vista suite on the Kdam.

Has anyone stayed in a vista suite and/or know of any pix from the new ship?

Haven't seen any myself and we didn't get a tour of one onboard. These are the ones I'm really curious about as well. I want to know if it's worth it moving forward to get a Vista Suite or if a verandah stateroom suits our needs

Sorry

Also looking for info myself

I asked my PCC about the bathroom and she said it is the same as the ones pictured for Koningsdam regular balcony cabins.

Small especially as to knee space and cabinet space.

I thought bathroom would be at least as nice as Celebrity's S/class but not finding that.

Have Vista Suite booked midship in January.

A few passengers promise pics from their sailings

Happy sailing

Linda

Edited by true45

We have also booked a Vista Suite onboard Koningsdam.

However, it is disappointing to see that all suites, except Vista suites, have a larger complimentary room-service menu and free mimosas.

It seems that Vista suites are getting neglected facilities and service wise.

We were originally booked in 7194 aft AS but then went to the Neptune Suite I actually knocked on the door of the cabin we would have had and they let me see it. Yes bathroom is like a regular balcony cabin shower only. The balcony was not as large as I expected.

6a9d0abd68d676d682ce7ef4ab7d9033.jpg

2f808a7127de3719ad7dd7f6b3de59fa.jpg

We have also booked a Vista Suite onboard Koningsdam.

However, it is disappointing to see that all suites, except Vista suites, have a larger complimentary room-service menu and free mimosas.

It seems that Vista suites are getting neglected facilities and service wise.

Yes, doesn't look like a suite at all and no real benefits I can see. Just more $

Size wise, it seems these "suites" are about the same as a normal Celebrity cabin onboard Solstice-Class...:(

Definately NOT worth the 2300 Us$ a person ( and no OBC,or beverage packge!) they charged us for 11 days in the Carib. It seems now, but hopefully, I will be proven wrong.

Not sure about Koningsdam but on the S and R class ships that have Vista Suites they get the double cruise days toward Mariner number, and any other benefits listed.

Koningsdam may be different. It's unfamiliar territory to have Verandah Staterooms, Vista Suites AND Signature Suites

Do Vista "suites" also pay the extra charge for tips? Does HAL consider them suites when they figure out the tip charges?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yes, they have to pay the higher suite Gratuities. And yes you get Double Mariner Days when booking them.

Not sure about Koningsdam but on the S and R class ships that have Vista Suites they get the double cruise days toward Mariner number, and any other benefits listed.

Koningsdam may be different. It's unfamiliar territory to have Verandah Staterooms, Vista Suites AND Signature Suites

This is a good point. On the R and S Class vessels, the Vista Suites were the only non-Neptune veranda staterooms available. Personally, not booking one but visiting friends' Vista Suite on the Volendam, my bottom deck outside stateroom with the beds divided provided much more space, in my opinion.

I am really disappointed in the size of the bathrooms in the non-suite bathrooms on Koningsdam from the pictures that I have seen. I am eager to read reviews of those who have experienced these facilities.

Thanks for the pix Lisa, most appreciated!! Other than I got an aft stateroom at a reduced upsell price I'm beginning to regret spending the extra $$$s for very little extra. But will enjoy every minute no matter what. New ship smell :)

This is a good point. On the R and S Class vessels, the Vista Suites were the only non-Neptune veranda staterooms available. Personally, not booking one but visiting friends' Vista Suite on the Volendam, my bottom deck outside stateroom with the beds divided provided much more space, in my opinion.

I am really disappointed in the size of the bathrooms in the non-suite bathrooms on Koningsdam from the pictures that I have seen. I am eager to read reviews of those who have experienced these facilities.

Not sure if you've seen my comments about my verandah room and the bathroom. The shower is huge. The space to stand and get ready is more than fine. Here's the borderline TMI part. When sitting on the toilet my knee was up against the shower glass. I turned just the smallest bit and I was totally fine. I'm not small by any stretch of the imagination and it was a very minimal "nuisance". My guess would be if you're over 6'2"ish and/or over 250-275lbs you may have to adjust how you sit slightly to have it work in a way that's comfortable.

Thanks for photos! So, looks like ONE closet (like we are used to on HAL...where we usually have a bank of 3 of them????)

Just those 3 drawers under the refrig?

Don't think this ship will be as comfy as the older ships for long hauls in cold weather climates IMO...will try it in the Caribbean first where clothes are not as much of an issue. Electronics/photography stuff is going to have a hard time finding places to "live." Like all the plugs they've done, as well as the lighting...but now, it's closer to a Viking Ocean cruiser cabin...small on the storage. ;-(

Thanks for photos! So, looks like ONE closet (like we are used to on HAL...where we usually have a bank of 3 of them????)

Just those 3 drawers under the refrig?

Don't think this ship will be as comfy as the older ships for long hauls in cold weather climates IMO...will try it in the Caribbean first where clothes are not as much of an issue. Electronics/photography stuff is going to have a hard time finding places to "live." Like all the plugs they've done, as well as the lighting...but now, it's closer to a Viking Ocean cruiser cabin...small on the storage. ;-(

If you haven't yet, check out my post with the verandah room walkthrough. We found the closet space to be MORE than adequate whether it be for a longer cruise, cold climate or warm climate. We typically pack in a manner where we'll launder several items once during the trip as well so the difference may lie in whether you plan on laundry at some point or pack for every single day. We were on a 5 day... and had SO much extra space it was insane. Could have easily packed for a 10-14 day

InTheWASide,

I did see your comment about your verandah cabin and bathroom. I am glad to know that there is more than enough room to stand at the lavatory. In the pictures that I saw, it appeared that there was very little room between the commode and the lavatory. That, plus the positioning of the commode in relation to the shower door certainly led to my concern. I am glad to know your opinion that the small space between the shower door and the commode is a "very minimal nuisance". But, in a newly designed Class of ships whose life spans ought to be 30 years at least, why should any nuisance be tolerated when such an issue is so obvious?

I share janmcn's concern about closets as well as surface (counter top) storage space. The pictures appear that there is only one full length closet for long dresses, suits, etc. If this Class of ship is to be deployed when winter-weather outerwear might at certain times of the year be needed, i.e. Alaska, cruises to the North Cape, etc., where could such clothing be hung that would not "crush" one's dress clothes? Is my impression of only one full length closet incorrect? I do think the pictures show adequate drawer space.

I appreciate your responses to my questions!

InTheWASide,

I did see your comment about your verandah cabin and bathroom. I am glad to know that there is more than enough room to stand at the lavatory. In the pictures that I saw, it appeared that there was very little room between the commode and the lavatory. That, plus the positioning of the commode in relation to the shower door certainly led to my concern. I am glad to know your opinion that the small space between the shower door and the commode is a "very minimal nuisance". But, in a newly designed Class of ships whose life spans ought to be 30 years at least, why should any nuisance be tolerated when such an issue is so obvious?

I share janmcn's concern about closets as well as surface (counter top) storage space. The pictures appear that there is only one full length closet for long dresses, suits, etc. If this Class of ship is to be deployed when winter-weather outerwear might at certain times of the year be needed, i.e. Alaska, cruises to the North Cape, etc., where could such clothing be hung that would not "crush" one's dress clothes? Is my impression of only one full length closet incorrect? I do think the pictures show adequate drawer space.

I appreciate your responses to my questions!

Fair comments. On the topic of the bathroom part of the thing may be that I can't see how this would be an issue even for the majority. As far as the average cruiser not sure, but the greater majority of people are not of exceptional height or weight and therefore they would be an "exception" to the specs that they designed for. I have no doubt they probably build for a certain size person and then have them move and do things all around a mockup to see if there are issues. Those who have dimensions outside of those ranges may have issues. And I fall into that category myself so no underhanded comments here about the super tall or short or big or small. Some things for those individuals may simply be too low, high, narrow or large for them. I don't know the "average person" dimensions they build for but I would assume there HAS to be a formula

As for the closets you may have a point to a degree. I don't know if the shelves on the lower half of the left closet (under our backpacks) can be adjusted/removed or not. If they can then there's a solution. As far as formal clothes of course you would want those on hangers. Jackets and the like for cooler climates however there would also be some practical even if not 100% ideal solutions like the back of a chair or the coat hooks on the wall from some of my pictures. Dress shirts would need to be hung up. Tshirt could be folded loosely and placed on a shelf. Dress pants could be hung at length OR on the shorter side utilizing the bar on the hanger. Again, some may not be ideal but there are work arounds.

742c1390bac281870788037ee4a223b2.jpg

Am I correct they this is the same closet for regular balcony and vista suites? It does lack hanging space imo.

I think the toilet so close to glass shower doors at this angle (& I know bathrooms are the same in both type cabins per PCC) is very tight but I guess I'll have to wait till I get onboard to see just how tight.

I'm beginning to really question my judgment going for the Vista Suite. Is it just a little longer with no other benefits over the regular balcony?

Playing devils advocate here. We all still have yet to see a REGULAR vista suite. Aft rooms are often times configured a little different. Whether they're aft balconies on other ships that are wider and a little "clunky" or the aft suites which many times are considerably smaller but have the wrap balcony as a compromise.

We've also only seen one photo at one angle and it's the totally opposite angle of the rendering too. Just like mine is. Here's the floor plan and other than the little bits of wall that I guess really just simulate a doorway into the bed area, what's so different? I can say from experience that even down to the patterns on the bed runner and carpet the verandah rendering and what I had were IDENTICAL (except for mine having the massive balcony)

So what am I missing?

Vista floor plan

990b21b18f974fdfe136c00c0ea05bcf.jpg

Vista rendering

f8915b5e097b4e7095831ca2e8c97ab8.jpg

Verandah floor plan

f8c8d887083a468d873bed3ac46186f4.jpg

Verandah rendering

96a3e4f1fed4fd80337708b9be0e7439.jpg

When I booked our Vista Suite for January 2017 it was so early that the cost was just slightly more than a regular Verandah cabin. I choose it mostly for its position on the ship, just about dead center. I believe that there is storage over the sofa and that will be my area so my wife will have plenty of room in that closet for our 14 day B2B. If I had to book the same cabin today I couldn't afford it. Bob

ps - I also wanted to try a cabin with the bed near the balcony.

Edited by CTBob

I think I am going to be disappointed with our Vista Suite!

The "real" photos taken by Lisa look nothing like the photos of a Vista Suite on the HAL website.

I don't mean to be a downer either but have to admit we were actually shocked when we saw it and were so thankful we paid big money and I mean BIG to move up to a Neptune. Cabin 7194 is the largest in sq ft of the Vista Suites and I realized when I originally booked it it was long and narrow but had not realized how narrow it would be. I also had expected those aft facing balcony cabins to be larger, granted not like the Vista class ships but more like the Signature Class which are still a bit larger than a regular balcony and to my surprise they were not.Other than being longer and having a corner hutch type of thing for glasses there was really nothing Suite about it. But then neither are the Vista Suites on R and S Class ships but since that is the only way to get a balcony on those ships one goes with it. My biggest disappointment is the new Signature Class Suites. Over all those have always been my favorite category on the Vistas and Signature Class ships and what they did to do this category is terrible.

An explanation of my disappointment is as follows:

The rendering shows.....bed......night stand.....partial wall.....low cabinet which houses the fridge.....then the couch. I really liked that, as it appeared to separate the sitting area from the sleeping area. I stay up late reading on the couch and it looked like I would feel I had a more private space.

In the "real" photo, the bed and the couch are right next to each other, with only the small night stand between. The fridge is on the opposite side of the room (next to the desk) with the glass shelves above....... just like in a "regular" Verandah. Other than slightly longer, I see no difference in a Vista Suite and a Verandah. There was however, quite a difference in price.

The ship looks beautiful and I know I will love it. Just not sure I would take a Vista Suite again. Time will tell......maybe I'm wrong.

Thanks for all the wonderful photos and helpful info you have shared with all of us.

Sherry........from Woodinville, Wa........currently living in St George, Ut

When I booked our Vista Suite for January 2017 it was so early that the cost was just slightly more than a regular Verandah cabin. I choose it mostly for its position on the ship, just about dead center. I believe that there is storage over the sofa and that will be my area so my wife will have plenty of room in that closet for our 14 day B2B. If I had to book the same cabin today I couldn't afford it. Bob

ps - I also wanted to try a cabin with the bed near the balcony.

Agree with you Bob. When I booked in early Feb, the A category Vista was a no brainer over any of the Verandah categories. And today.......I wouldnt be able to book the Vista.

On size difference, I believe if the picture from Brad is correct, the Vista suite is only larger by the size of the two dividers on either side of the bed. So maybe 2' longer. That does allow for a bit more floor space.