How is the Conquest Seafood Corner? Has anyone tried it?

smyliecruising

I am rather excited to try this. I am glad Carnival has free food all over the ship but always enjoy paying for the upgraded meals at the steakhouse. We spend nothing on alcohol so paying extra for better food is a vacation treat for us. Please don't flame me for being glad that they kept all the free stuff on the room service menu but added some "fee items". I am glad of it. I am super excited to try the Seafood as I live great seafood rather than so so free seafood and the prices are cheaper than land prices so I am curious how they taste. Anyone try this new specialty yet?

All of the seafood is sourced from Asia and farmed, nothing is line caught or purse-seined fish from the shrimp to the filets. If you google " farming fish in toxic waters " or " why you should never eat tilapia " you won't.

This is one place to start your search: http://www.foodandwaterwatch.org/insight/factory-fish-farming

We manage to eat well on Carnival but steer clear of all seafood on cruises to avoid unnecessary exposure to unsafe and questionable sourced products.

Edited by sanmarcosman

Thank you for that info. You are very wise to be so health conscious. I really enjoy seafood when cruising so I will probably just detox the week after[emoji12]

I don't eat the bad seafood the rest of the year though and choose thoughtfully.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by smyliecruising

I am rather excited to try this. I am glad Carnival has free food all over the ship but always enjoy paying for the upgraded meals at the steakhouse. We spend nothing on alcohol so paying extra for better food is a vacation treat for us. Please don't flame me for being glad that they kept all the free stuff on the room service menu but added some "fee items". I am glad of it. I am super excited to try the Seafood as I live great seafood rather than so so free seafood and the prices are cheaper than land prices so I am curious how they taste. Anyone try this new specialty yet?

Hey smylie,

We'll be on board in 21 short days. I plan to check it out myself and would glad to take a few pics and do a short food review of the Seafood Corner.

We are looking forward to it as well as the "new" bbq joint.

Hank

All of the seafood is sourced from Asia and farmed, nothing is line caught or purse-seined fish from the shrimp to the filets. If you google " farming fish in toxic waters " or " why you should never eat tilapia " you won't.

This is one place to start your search: http://www.foodandwaterwatch.org/insight/factory-fish-farming

Not exactly true. The seafood shack on Vista had several fresh fish selections and some fresh shrimp and oysters.

That shrimp is NOT wild caught. It is most definitely farmed. Has nothing to do with "fresh"

I personally asked the shrimp/prawns in the display case and they unanimously exclaimed they were both fresh and wild.

Not talking about the black tiger shrimp.

Hey smylie,

We'll be on board in 21 short days. I plan to check it out myself and would glad to take a few pics and do a short food review of the Seafood Corner.

We are looking forward to it as well as the "new" bbq joint.

Hank

Awesome! Thank you! We are leaving on the Freedom on September 17. It sounds like we will be cruising at the same time! I look forward to your review and pictures. I love great seafood!

I just got off the Conquest today. I usually just lurk but I intend to write a full review of my trip. I'm still learning how to post so bear with me if the pictures don't post correctly.

I went twice. Once to try the lobster rolls and once for the fish-n-chips. I would not call myself a big seafood fan but they were both okay.

The fries are super crispy which I liked but very greasy - think guy's fries. The fish was good, but I am not a big fan of fried fish, I tried it since I knew there were a lot of people who wanted to know how it was so I may not be the best judge. It was very crispy and freshly prepared on request so it was steaming hot and the tartar sauce was amazing. A little greasy but not too much so.

Overall it was better than a Captain D's or Long John Silver's. Not cheap tasting like a lot of people were thinking it would probably be. It was not however "fine quality dining" or atmosphere that warrants the upcharge. The food was not bad, and it is worthwhile to try it if you don't mind the upcharge as you indicated but it does feel like a nickle and dime move on carnival's part.

DSCF0427.JPG

The Lobster rolls were excellent. They look very unappealing in the pictures that have been posted, including mine, but they were very good. My one complaint would be pairing it with those greasy fries.

DSCF0256.JPG

I have some more pictures of the area itself, but honestly it looks no different than the seafood shack on the Vista just branded differently.

Thank you for that info. You are very wise to be so health conscious. I really enjoy seafood when cruising so I will probably just detox the week after[emoji12]

I don't eat the bad seafood the rest of the year though and choose thoughtfully.

Seafood has always been a part of our cruise vacations.:)

Just off the Conquest yesterday. My friend and I ate the seafood several times and enjoyed it, albeit greasy.

The raw oysters were fantastic and we were able to have them fried when asked. They were a $1 an oyster. We also ate the buffalo shrimp/fried clams combo ($5.00), good amount of both with the combo. I thought the fried seafood combo was a great deal with 5 fried shrimp, some calamari, fried clams, 1 large piece of fish and fries. It was $12 and filling.

The chowder in the bread bowl was delicious ($4.00) but the bread was as hard as a rock and could not be eaten. We asked why and they said the bread wasn't meant to be eaten.

Pricing was reasonable and the service was good. We noticed a few people there eating when we would stop by. We wouldn't hesitate to eat there again.

Really enjoyed this cruise!

I just got off the Conquest today. I usually just lurk but I intend to write a full review of my trip. I'm still learning how to post so bear with me if the pictures don't post correctly.

I went twice. Once to try the lobster rolls and once for the fish-n-chips. I would not call myself a big seafood fan but they were both okay.

The fries are super crispy which I liked but very greasy - think guy's fries. The fish was good, but I am not a big fan of fried fish, I tried it since I knew there were a lot of people who wanted to know how it was so I may not be the best judge. It was very crispy and freshly prepared on request so it was steaming hot and the tartar sauce was amazing. A little greasy but not too much so.

Overall it was better than a Captain D's or Long John Silver's. Not cheap tasting like a lot of people were thinking it would probably be. It was not however "fine quality dining" or atmosphere that warrants the upcharge. The food was not bad, and it is worthwhile to try it if you don't mind the upcharge as you indicated but it does feel like a nickle and dime move on carnival's part.

DSCF0427.JPG

The Lobster rolls were excellent. They look very unappealing in the pictures that have been posted, including mine, but they were very good. My one complaint would be pairing it with those greasy fries.

DSCF0256.JPG

I have some more pictures of the area itself, but honestly it looks no different than the seafood shack on the Vista just branded differently.

Thank you for the pictures and review! I guess I am not really sure what a lobster roll is but it sounds good.

Just off the Conquest yesterday. My friend and I ate the seafood several times and enjoyed it, albeit greasy.

The raw oysters were fantastic and we were able to have them fried when asked. They were a $1 an oyster. We also ate the buffalo shrimp/fried clams combo ($5.00), good amount of both with the combo. I thought the fried seafood combo was a great deal with 5 fried shrimp, some calamari, fried clams, 1 large piece of fish and fries. It was $12 and filling.

The chowder in the bread bowl was delicious ($4.00) but the bread was as hard as a rock and could not be eaten. We asked why and they said the bread wasn't meant to be eaten.

Pricing was reasonable and the service was good. We noticed a few people there eating when we would stop by. We wouldn't hesitate to eat there again.

Really enjoyed this cruise!

Thank you for the review! I love chowder. Strange about the bowl though. I had a seafood combo meal in Florida at a fresh market recently and it cost me $18 so this is not a bad price really.

The pictures look great, thank you for them!

And also, thanks for the reviews. I'm still curious to see if these fish & chips are the same fish & chips (or better, or worse) than the fish & chips that were available on the Conquest - and other chips - for free.

Thank you for the pictures and review! I guess I am not really sure what a lobster roll is but it sounds good.

Lobster rolls..oh my heart, they are so good :) Granted, I've never had a Carnival one but normal lobster rolls are like a lobster salad mix(lobster with Mayo, seasoning, perhaps celery) on a buttered toasted hot dog roll.

I love all seafood..but I agree about the tilapia. That stuff doesn't pass these lips ever.

Please eat a lobster roll for me :)

Lobster rolls..oh my heart, they are so good :) Granted, I've never had a Carnival one but normal lobster rolls are like a lobster salad mix(lobster with Mayo, seasoning, perhaps celery) on a buttered toasted hot dog roll.

I love all seafood..but I agree about the tilapia. That stuff doesn't pass these lips ever.

Please eat a lobster roll for me :)

That does sound good!

• 3 weeks later...

DSCF0427.JPG

DSCF0256.JPG

If you have more pics please share.