improved Moveover offer 1wk from sailing

Britcruzer15

Wow! That is a tempting offer.

We too are sailing on the Crown next week but we have not had any move over offer at all .

We are in a mini suite and I am wondering whether Princess just does not need any of these.

Can I be cheeky and ask what type of cabin you are booked in to?

Hi

We are on next week and we received the same first offer but nothing new today. We are in a premium balcony. 21 days would be tempting but we would still be wanting our break and have to start looking again. Are you going for it?

Sadly not as we are travelling with others (they have a premium balcony) and they have not had the email. I will call princess.

we too need the break though, and although we could line up an alternative at short notice, it would be a hassle I could do without

We are in a 2 berth premium balcony and have not had this offer, however we have family booked into in a 4 berth and they have had the offer. They have to travel in school holidays and are looking forward to the cruise so are not interested. I think they must be short of family cabins, although it is a bit late to be trying to sort out over booking issues with just a week to go.

We are in a 2 berth premium balcony and have not had this offer, however we have family booked into in a 4 berth and they have had the offer. They have to travel in school holidays and are looking forward to the cruise so are not interested. I think they must be short of family cabins, although it is a bit late to be trying to sort out over booking issues with just a week to go.

we are in the same situation with our family in the 4 berth and my in laws in a premium balcony, they also did not have this offer but did get the previous one. I spoke to princess this morning to clarify the offer, and they said it could be extended to cover other cabins in our party.

We also need school hols dates and even looking around its had to find an alternative, so we are sticking with what we have.

Not Cheeky at all

inside 4 berth -

did you get the last moveover offer?

No we didn't.

Our mini suite is a four berth so maybe the theory about the demand being for family cabins is too simple.

Really for us not getting a move over offer does make things easier. Having to cancel our cruise last year means we to very much need a break but a free cruise would be very tempting.

I have read that they have been offering incentives to move off a med cruise on Royal Princess as well so clearly they don't have enough capacity to cope with the demand for med cruises and have got their calculations wrong on anticipated cancellations. Last year we did the same cruise on Emerald where we had a premium balcony and daughter and family had a mini suit and there were no move over offers, but I am sure there were two cruises on Emerald to the med from the Uk, during summer holidays in 2016.

It would make more sense if Princess could use the larger Royal or Regal to go from the Uk to the Med instead of cruising round the UK in 2018. Many of us cruise to avoid all the hassle of flying and obviously the demand is there.

Hi

We had the first offer of 14 days . Our booking is for 4 of us and we have an assigned cabin. Didn't get the New offer but it couldn't sway us to jump ship so to speak. Going to some lovely places round the med ..... summer here we come.

Thanks for your responses. So, what I think I am hearing is that you can receive a move-over offer and it doesn't matter whether you have a guarantee or a specific cabin booked. Is that right?