Best club mini-suite on Royal Princess?

Ken the cruiser

We're planning a cruise on the Royal Princess around the UK and were wondering if one club mini-suite is better than some of the others in the center of the ship. Some have balconies with a slight angled view towards the bow where some have a slight angled view towards the stern while others look straight out to one side. There are also a few at the front of the ship. For those that have sailed around the UK before in a club mini-suite, are there some that are more desirable than the others? Also, are the mini-club suites better on one floor than the other? This is going to be a family cruise around the UK in 2019 and just wanted to make sure we got the best cabins we could in that category when they become available. I realize the 2019 cruise may not be on the Royal Princess, but if it is we just want to be prepare. Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

We were in L107. Loved it! The balcony is huge, not as big as M107, but still a large wraparound balcony. It was very nice having a separate bedroom.

What a great cabin! We'll definitely look at that one as well when they finally announce which ship will be going around the UK in 2019.

• 2 months later...

I understand the forward minisuites have large balconies, but what about the wind? It seems it would be too windy to really enjoy sitting out on the balcony? Or am I missing something? Also I read elsewhere that there is an iron railing that obstructs the view when you're sitting down. I'd love to have a large balcony, but just uncertain about the downside of the front of the ship minisuites....

M107 is a fabulous Mini-Suite. The best we ever sailed in. Great having a separate bedroom with a huge picture window facing forward. While the forward facing balcony is huge it can sometimes be tough to sit outside while at sea due to the wind. However It was great for sail away and entry into ports especially being able to see forward, aft and port side from the top of the bridge wing. Grab it if available !!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

M107 is a fabulous Mini-Suite. The best we ever sailed in. Great having a separate bedroom with a huge picture window facing forward. While the forward facing balcony is huge it can sometimes be tough to sit outside while at sea due to the wind. However It was great for sail away and entry into ports especially being able to see forward, aft and port side from the top of the bridge wing. Grab it if available !!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I second this. We had M107 for Barcelona to Rome and it was magnificent!

For those that have stayed in the club mini-suites on the bow, what's it like during rough seas? We had a cabin on a smaller ship during rough seas and it wasn't fun. However, since the Royal Princess is a much larger ship, we're curious what the ride is like when swales are 10-20+ feet?

I would like to know if the balconies for minisuites M107 and 108 are glass enclosed on the sides? From the diagram, it looks like there are two sections of balcony...one facing front and one facing to the side. I'm assuming the one facing front is metal enclosed, and therefore to see the view you must stand at the railing. But perhaps the side one is glass enclosed like other balconies on the sides of the ship, so that you can sit and see the scenery without standing.... I would really appreciate it if someone could clarify this for me. And thanks for answering my question about the wind...

I would like to know if the balconies for minisuites M107 and 108 are glass enclosed on the sides? From the diagram, it looks like there are two sections of balcony...one facing front and one facing to the side. I'm assuming the one facing front is metal enclosed, and therefore to see the view you must stand at the railing. But perhaps the side one is glass enclosed like other balconies on the sides of the ship, so that you can sit and see the scenery without standing.... I would really appreciate it if someone could clarify this for me. And thanks for answering my question about the wind...

All Metal!