Oceania Cruises Adds 10 New Cuba Sailings for 2018

LauraS

Ours is one and it comes with a mandatory $97 visa which has to be purchased from O. Preferred previous itinerary. But I'm Canadian and can go anytime I want.

I'm booked to go to Cuba in Dec. 2017 but our visa is costing $75. It's listed as such on the booking confirmation. Maybe the price is different in Canada than in the US?

We're excited! We just booked 2 of their cruises back to back in May 2018. We were booked on the Pearl Seas 11 day cruise that month, but when O came along and offered cruises at a better price along with all of the other great perks that come with cruising with O, we had to make the switch.

As far as the cost of the visa coming from USA goes, it wasn't listed on the cruise confirmation sheet, so O must now just include it in the base price of the cruise.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

Still have mixed feelings as to weather we want to go to Cuba at this time. A Lot still has not changed from the previous years so it is a mixed bag. I am sure in the next few years things will start to change for the better and I will get a good feeling for a trip there. Hope so.

Ours is one and it comes with a mandatory $97 visa which has to be purchased from O. Preferred previous itinerary. But I'm Canadian and can go anytime I want.

Mo

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You could probably opt out & get your own in Toronto

we opted to forgo the hassle & just pay Oceania's price

DH hates going to Toronto now that he is retired ;)

I again want to say think you to all of you for this excellent Oceania forum.

I've followed RCL closely for Cuba sailings... itineraries are lacking, so I was researching land options. I saw this thread the other day after I had booked my first Oceania cruise (researching for sailing in the South Pacific). I tried to find the exact itineraries for Sirena as my normal on-line TA still doesn't have them online, however quickly discovered them already up on the Oceania site. Long story short, I'm booked for the Sept 16, 2018 sailing. Would never had seen or known about these itineraries without this forum so thanks to all.

Btw, looks like interiors are going fast, very few available... the two 7 night sailings interiors are all gone (or being held with deposits) it seems with waiting lists. The 8 and 10 night sailing there's still a few available... I had a choice of 4 available F interiors on deck 7.

You could probably opt out & get your own in Toronto

we opted to forgo the hassle & just pay Oceania's price

DH hates going to Toronto now that he is retired ;)

It's just that I didn't book a trip to Cuba. It's been forced on us and we have to pay more for it. The notification says it MUST be purchased through O. I think they should have swallowed the cost of the visa for those already booked. I suspect we'll survive. But may not go ashore. Time will tell.

Mo

It's just that I didn't book a trip to Cuba. It's been forced on us and we have to pay more for it. The notification says it MUST be purchased through O. I think they should have swallowed the cost of the visa for those already booked. I suspect we'll survive. But may not go ashore. Time will tell.

Mo

Mo

sorry to hear you were forced to go

We have only been to Varadaro so seeing other places in Cuba will be interesting to us

Hope you do get off & enjoy some of Havana

Lyn