Ship refurbishing

taoscowboy

Now on Sirena which is great. Have heard that other 3-Regatta, Nautica and Insignia- May be showing wear and tear. Does anyone know when each was last refurbished or when any are scheduled to be refurbished?

You heard wrong. We were on Regatta on its first cruise after a major 2014 drydock/refurbishment in Seattle and again this past summer. If anything, some stateroom built-in furniture finishes look outdated and IMO a changeover to HD TVs from analog would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Now on Sirena which is great. Have heard that other 3-Regatta, Nautica and Insignia- May be showing wear and tear. Does anyone know when each was last refurbished or when any are scheduled to be refurbished?

No, I was on Regatta last year and Insignia a few months ago..... cant see any need for refurbishment all looked 4.0.... Saw nothing in need of anything.... I think these new mega cruise lines are selling the modern look concept where as the R fleet maintains staid subtle and elegant tones.... Some might call them out that " outdated" .... I call them a class act like a boutique British country hotel.....elegant to a fault.

No, I was on Regatta last year and Insignia a few months ago..... cant see any need for refurbishment all looked 4.0.... Saw nothing in need of anything.... I think these new mega cruise lines are selling the modern look concept where as the R fleet maintains staid subtle and elegant tones.... Some might call them out that " outdated" .... I call them a class act like a boutique British country hotel.....elegant to a fault.

Thats why we all love them..elegance..

Jancruz1

Thats why we all love them..elegance..

Jancruz1

Mildew not very elegant. Looks like some of them need a little work. Going 24/7 365 days a year. How can they not. I think for the most part O keeps on top of things. :):):)

I think for the most part O keeps on top of things.
Oceania does a better job than almost anyone at this, but I have to admit that a lot of it boils down to how the passengers treat the ships.

We first found Oceania when we left HAL because the veneers in the big suites were starting to look as if folks had played football in them, and we will never again even consider Carnival after a sister in law had her college reunion cruise from Tampa ruined (it happened to fall during Spring break) because the Line was unable to control the public urination in the hallway outside her room.

I would hazard a guess that many of the folks who complain or find fault with Oceania do so coming from homes or dwellings that are less than the perfection and in reality not up to O's standard.............when is the last time they had the CDC inspect their home?????

IMO mildew which can easily be eliminated has never been, nor will it ever BE anything close to "subtle" or "elegant" especially at the prices some folks pay to be ON these ships. There is, IMO, no excuse whatsoever for that sort of thing. I am glad to know that there are passengers who make a habit of doing routine and obviously meticulous inspections of all the ship's spaces and because they didn't "see anything" then obviously it cannot possibly be true.

I would hazard a guess that many of the folks who complain or find fault with Oceania do so coming from homes or dwellings that are less than the perfection and in reality not up to O's standard.............when is the last time they had the CDC inspect their home?????

Completely different standard. Most people do not have different guests staying at their homes every 7 to 14 days all year long. Many of us have furniture, carpeting and furnishings that is 10 to 15 years old and that is fine with us. Just a whole other way to look at things. A cruise ship probably gets more use of their cabins every year than our homes would get in a lifetime. Saying again, I think O is really on top of their ships as much as is possible. No complaints from me.

Completely different standard. Most people do not have different guests staying at their homes every 7 to 14 days all year long. Many of us have furniture, carpeting and furnishings that is 10 to 15 years old and that is fine with us. Just a whole other way to look at things. A cruise ship probably gets more use of their cabins every year than our homes would get in a lifetime. Saying again, I think O is really on top of their ships as much as is possible. No complaints from me.

Exactly....to quote the bard..." me thinks they do protest to much"

Yes, for me it is so sad how people treat these wonderful ships. I only like the O ships, but we were just on the Riviera in the OS. OMG, it looked like someone danced on the nightstands with high heels. There were gouges on the dining room table. I know that the ship is going in next year and they have replacement furniture, but no one should misuse the ships like this. It is not management, it is those who stay in the staterooms and have no respect. I almost cried. The finish on this furniture is not standard. It is something special.

Anyway, it is not the cruise line's fault. It is some of the uncaring people who misuse the staterooms.

That being said, the cruise was wonderful and everything was meticulously cleaned.

Yes, for me it is so sad how people treat these wonderful ships. I only like the O ships, but we were just on the Riviera in the OS. OMG, it looked like someone danced on the nightstands with high heels. There were gouges on the dining room table. I know that the ship is going in next year and they have replacement furniture, but no one should misuse the ships like this. It is not management, it is those who stay in the staterooms and have no respect. I almost cried. The finish on this furniture is not standard. It is something special.

Anyway, it is not the cruise line's fault. It is some of the uncaring people who misuse the staterooms.

That being said, the cruise was wonderful and everything was meticulously cleaned.

Riviera is being refurbished next year?