Any thoughts on sending bags in advance of the cruise?

lucky0518

We are looking to spend a few days in Italy prior to sailing from Venice. In researching our trip we thought of sending our cruise bags to our hotel in Venice (or the ship) before we leave home. I have looked at several companies and they seem to have good reviews. I am looking for two sets of feedback.

1. luggagefree.com, luggageconsierge.com and luggagedirect.com has anyone used them?

2. would you send to the ship or your pre stay hotel? (I am leaning to have it sent to the hotel. I am a veteran flyer and just always want to keep a buffer in case plans go up side down).

Thanks for the help

I would use the hotel rather than the ship - not sure whether Azamara will take bags early and at least you would know they were there when you arrived in Venice.

Sorry, I have no experience of such services, so can't help there.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Other cruiselines does this but never AZ. not sure if i want to send to a hotel either.

This is not what you are asking but this is an Azamara cruise. You do not need fancy clothes. You should be able to take everything you need in a carry on size bag and a daypack. I just managed that way for six weeks in March/April driving in Italy.

There are lots of videos out there to show you how. Take a black skirt and/or dressy black pants and a few fancy tops and you are fine for dress up. You need no more than two other bottoms and three or four easily washed tops.

We've done this on another cruise line. We've sent luggage to both the ship (early, and the port held it for a small fee until embarkation and then delivered it) and to a hotel. We've used Luggage Forward 5 times and been very pleased.

Our reason for doing this is not overpacking, but different climates. When we're traveling for 2 months we don't want to be carrying clothes for a climate we are not currently in. However, some people prefer to have lots of "stuff" with them -- that is their choice.

Other cruiselines does this but never AZ. not sure if i want to send to a hotel either.

We have had a variety of things sent to hotels (wine, snorkel gear, packages from amazon). We let the hotel know things are on the way and have never had a problem. And these weren't just to 5* places.

We have had a variety of things sent to hotels (wine, snorkel gear, packages from amazon). We let the hotel know things are on the way and have never had a problem. And these weren't just to 5* places.

thanks for the info?/ in america or outside america?