Is a Host the same as a MOD?

I may be wrong, but I believe a Host is someone with a lot of knowledge that monitors the boards and answers people's questions and a Moderator's main job is to enforce the rules, but of course, will answer questions too.

Ok thanks. I just noticed the tipping thread was closed. Didn't know if a Host or Mod was needed to close. I think they/whoever did a great service to close it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The moderators are the "hosts" of the forum if you will, one and the same. You can have any thread flagged by clicking on the little red triangle alert button in the upper right hand corner of any post. The mods/hosts then get an e-mail about the post or thread in question and they decide how to handle the situation. I only know this because one time many years ago one of them replied to me at the email address I registered here with, and I could see my original "alert" text in their response to me.

I kind of doubt it but as Milwaukee Eight mentions, there is "someone" who could clear it up for us. ;)

Edit: you're probably right in terms of people like LauraS have higher level rights but I would have to defer to that "someone" to tell us for sure - assuming they were allowed to.

no problem ... a host is a moderator.. they are one and the same... Hosts have hosting and moderating responsibilities... we operate with Laura as our "boss"... hope this explains it and ends the discussion on board moderation..