Excursion Pricing

mattyboy

Oceania typically starts releasing its tour around 6 months prior to sailing. For some ports that they hit regularly you may see tour release a couple of months early. We are likewise on an October cruise and they have not released any tours for it, probably by early April.

Rough rule of thumb, find any local private tour, in your visited port, and double the price for Oceania's cost. That's if it is ran as a bus tour. If done as a smaller van size tour, double the price again. Except in rare unusual incidents, Oceania's tour prices are excessively high.

Well they do not make it easy that is for sure :eek:

I look in the destinations tab then port explorer

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/mediterranean-cruises/#portsAnchor

If your cruise is far away then pick one of the cruises that go to the same port it will give the tours & pricing & will most likely be the same as your cruise

EG:

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/Mediterranean-cruises/lisbon-to-rome-MNA170501/port-provence-MRS/?voyageday=7#all

We did Mediterranean in November. Booked private tours for Rome (romeinlimo.com - I think), and for another day in Pisa & Florence (Tuscany for Cruise - driver/owner Simona). Also, if you are going to Palermo in Sicily, there is a great Palermo Street Food Walking Tour. Marco is a fantastic guide. Group is limited to 12. Not expensive at all.

Going to Mediterranean in October and trying to decide on private vs. Oceania excursions but cannot find $-pricing anywhere.

Anyone have an idea on where to get ideas for getting prices?

Wait and look at the O Life tours. They are pretty good and a better use of the SBC you can get instead of them.

We're thinking of doing a world cruise and 72 shore excursions are one of the perks we could choose. Looks like many of them are between $120-200 each, so multiplied by 72 would be worth more than the obc option of $3,600 each.

We normally do private tours but since there are 91 ports on the world tour, arranging private tours in all these ports seems like an overwhelming job. I think going on ship tours will save me thousands of hours of research and work.