Marco Polo Airport Venice

walkerspt

We will be departing from Marco Polo Airport in Venice in early September and would appreciate any info or tips from others who have left from there, particularly in the last few months. Our flight is Air Canada to Toronto. I have read, on CC, that some have had difficult experiences at this airport but not any specific info.

One specific question I have is whether there is a "pre check" or faster security line if your boarding pass shows a trusted traveller number such as Nexus.

Also, how long in advance, should one plan to be at the airport for an 11:30 am departure. We will be leaving from a hotel in Venice, not the ship.

Any tips or suggestions gratefully received.

I checked in two hours prior to 1010 flight with no problems,security was fast,half hour process but I was there at 8am on Friday.I encountered problem with flight not leaving on time and I missed my connection in Rome,thus luggage was not with return flight back to Atl

I did not notice if there was pre check line,use Air Canada app to check in 24 hrs in advance save some time that way,do have a luggage drop at check in area grab a free luggage cart when you arrive.I would take ACTV water bus to Piazza Roma and land bus or taxi to VCE,if you take Alilaguna it will take too long to get to VCE,

Edited by themob

I just flew home from there.. i was on a ship.. i would say two hours if fine.. if not in Bus class the line starts early for check in. i had more than enough time to hit stores and lounge before hitting gate.

To answer you Nexus question, that is a program only valid for Canada and the US for driving into the country. Only valid for Canada at a Canadian airport. Most likely using the term Nexus anyplace else in the world will bring a blank look. Similar to using my Global Entry card only valid for entering the US or TSA Pre-Check only valid at US airports. No universal world card except for status with the specific airline.

Edited by rallydave