2017: Odyssey leaving Europe early

florisdekort

Just received notice from Seabourn that my 26 night Odyssey cruise from Barcelona to Miami has been moved forward from 3 November to 4 October 2017 as Odyssey will now leave Europe early, I suppose due to weak bookings. I assume that the original Mediterranean cruises scheduled between 4 October and 3 November have been cancelled outright.

They offer $150 onboard credit per person or a full refund if I cancel. I can't make the new date so will have to cancel. Shame, because I was looking forward to this one and was booked in a Wintergarden Suite :(

Floris

Apparently they're doing some rearranging. This morning our TA forwarded us an email from Seabourn about our August 2017 cruise which said, in part,

"To allow for better allocation of guest capacity for our Mediterranean itineraries, your clients cruise originally set to sail aboard the Odyssey will now sail aboard the Encore. Your clients will be re-accommodated ... in the same suite and category at the rate already paid. A new booking number and confirmation will be sent to you shortly ..."

Same itinerary, same price, and they threw in $100 pp OBC. Can't complain about that.

Hi Ka Honu, is Dog The Bounty Hunter still living in Honolulu?

I really don't know; I haven't seen him in a few years (he doesn't write; he doesn't call; he doesn't send flowers). I think he's on the mainland somewhere but he could still be in Hawaii Kai and just not telling me.

I really don't know; I haven't seen him in a few years (he doesn't write; he doesn't call; he doesn't send flowers). I think he's on the mainland somewhere but he could still be in Hawaii Kai and just not telling me.

He is not here. His storefront closed down years ago and he moved to the Mainland under cover of darkness.

Well - the European exodus continues. Celebrity announced today that it is cancelling Equinox' entire 2017 Mediterranean summer schedule and will base the ship in the Caribbean all year instead. Many upset people who had already booked flights to/from Europe for April-June next year...

Edited by florisdekort

We had our cruise dates and itinerary on the Odyssey for 2017 changed also. Originally supposed to leave Oct. 24 from Rome. Now we are leaving Sept. 23 from Athens.

They replaced Bandol, Monte Carlo, Taormina and Amalfi with Hydra, Livorno, Frejus and Portofino. We actually like the earlier departure better, so we think it worked out well. Just hope they don't make anymore changes as we usually book airfares well in advance so we can us airline miles. Pricing was the same but we did get a bit of OBC. Will probably get insurance for this trip. We usually don't.

Does anyone actually know why they changed their Med cruises?

We had our cruise dates and itinerary on the Odyssey for 2017 changed also. Originally supposed to leave Oct. 24 from Rome. Now we are leaving Sept. 23 from Athens.

They replaced Bandol, Monte Carlo, Taormina and Amalfi with Hydra, Livorno, Frejus and Portofino. We actually like the earlier departure better, so we think it worked out well. Just hope they don't make anymore changes as we usually book airfares well in advance so we can us airline miles. Pricing was the same but we did get a bit of OBC. Will probably get insurance for this trip. We usually don't.

Does anyone actually know why they changed their Med cruises?

Have you seen the news lately?