Giants/Cowboys game on the Gem

penwah2002

**This is a recording***

Any live sports programming is dependent on 3 things. Is it available on the active satellite the ship is using. If so, did the ship/line pay to watch the particular program (likely in the case of NFL, but not guaranteed), and if THAT then is the signal strong enough for live broadcast weather permitting.

You will know none of these things in advance so if a game is that critical, the only sure way to see it is not to be on a ship.

***end recording***

**This is a recording***

Any live sports programming is dependent on 3 things. Is it available on the active satellite the ship is using. If so, did the ship/line pay to watch the particular program (likely in the case of NFL, but not guaranteed), and if THAT then is the signal strong enough for live broadcast weather permitting.

You will know none of these things in advance so if a game is that critical, the only sure way to see it is not to be on a ship.

***end recording***

Got it, I guess I annoyed you asking this question. The reason I did ask is because I didn't know. Apparently you know pretty much everything.

Got it, I guess I annoyed you asking this question. The reason I did ask is because I didn't know. Apparently you know pretty much everything.

Some people just don't get us who love sports.

Of course I guess I am rooting for the other team than you. LOL.

Actually there is likely another way to see your game… I am a huge baseball fan and I have the MLB at bat package. So I bought unlimited Internet and I was able to stream my baseball games. If it's that important to you you might be able to find an option for football.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am on vacation I don't give s**t about sports. If it is that important to you stay home. But JMHO. When the networks, teams pay me to watch then I care.

Thanks for your insightful input that literally added nothing to the conversation or answered the OP's question...

When I was on the Epic in Dec '16 they didn't show the B1G title game which made a lot of people upset and they showed 1 Sunday afternoon, Sunday and Monday night prime time games. Nothing else. I wouldn't hold your breath, although you might get lucky. Also, it's pointless asking if they can put a specific game on, because they won't.

Thanks for your insightful input that literally added nothing to the conversation or answered the OP's question...

When I was on the Epic in Dec '16 they didn't show the B1G title game which made a lot of people upset and they showed 1 Sunday afternoon, Sunday and Monday night prime time games. Nothing else. I wouldn't hold your breath, although you might get lucky. Also, it's pointless asking if they can put a specific game on, because they won't.

You are welcome, and if the OP had read and researched here on CC enough he would known that getting the major sports events, other than soccer, on NCL is a crap shoot at best. And I don't sail on NCL for the 1st time till Nov. And others had my same sentiment.

Edited by hawk/hornfan

It's not that, its just asked in some form about once a week for a particular game/sport or other, so I have a pre-set response. Saves typing.

What are the chances my DH will be able to watch the game next Sunday on the Gem out of NY? I would think with all the NY'ers on board there would be a mutiny if it wasn't showing. Anyone?

There is always the possibility the games will be shown in the sports bar or the atrium. It is a toss up, we have had good and bad luck. I know how hard it is to think a game we want to watch may not be shown, but there is more to life than football.:')Well, on the other hand, to some of us this is not the case.:rolleyes: We are facing a similar situation on our Nov cruise. :confused:

Yes, they will show the game unless there is a technical difficulty (or there was some sort of change between last season and this season which I would doubt). You probably will not see any baseball, you will probably see the two Fox games Sunday 1pm and 4pm, you will get Thursday Night Football.

Haha I loved this comment. I also don't know everything lol

I'm also curious do these ships show sports? We are leaving on a Sunday as well, will we be able to at least see the games on normal cable?

Also leaving October 15th, will we be able to see playoff baseball?