Superbowl on NCL Gem... or Other NCL Ship...

ARYANJ89

I was on The Gem in 2011 when the Green Bay Packers played the Pittsburgh Steelers. They showed th the game on the big screen in the lobby. Lots of people were in their favorite teams' jersey. You could get your face painted. Lots of food everywhere.

It was a lot of fun.

I was on The Gem in 2011 when the Green Bay Packers played the Pittsburgh Steelers. They showed th the game on the big screen in the lobby. Lots of people were in their favorite teams' jersey. You could get your face painted. Lots of food everywhere.

It was a lot of fun.

So cool! Thanks so much for the response! :D

Two years ago on the Getaway when the Pats beat the Seahawks. Will be on the Getaway this year and looking forward to the Pats winning again! NCL had the game on the big screen in H2O with "tailgate" food and plenty of beer. My Bruschi jersey is already folded waiting to be packed.

Go Pats!!

We were on a cruise during the play off division championship game - all the bars had the game tuned in - we were on the Pearl and found that only 6 people were at the Great Outdoors watching but everyone else was in the sports bar. Was a great time for sure.

We've been on ships for several Super Bowls, most recently on the Gem last year (2016). They showed the game in many places, including on the big screen in the theatre, where they also had (free) popcorn and other food. The feed was coming from ESPN of the Caribbean, so we didn't see the halftime show or the US commercials, but we did see lots of commercials for soccer and cricket. :)

Definitely a fun, party atmosphere.

• 7 months later...

This is great news. When we cruised on the Dawn last year there were no U.S. sports broadcast on the ship. We are sailing this Fall and I was hoping that I could get my NFL fix. Does anyone know if they broadcast NBA, NHL or MLB games on the GEM?

thanks

We were on the Escape this past year and the game was shown in the Spice H2O area and on the two story screen in the main attrium / O'sheehans area. Loks of snacks put out and a really good time. The comfy chairs were taken pretty early bu we never had a problem finding a place to hang

Never been on NCL for a Super Bowl but was on Celebrity Reflection for the Denver win in Superbowl 50. They had the game on a big screen in the theater. Split the theater down the middle with Denver on one half and Panthers on the other. They had a tailgate party going on for the whole game. What a great time. Superbowl on a ship can be a fantastic time.

This is great news. When we cruised on the Dawn last year there were no U.S. sports broadcast on the ship. We are sailing this Fall and I was hoping that I could get my NFL fix. Does anyone know if they broadcast NBA, NHL or MLB games on the GEM?

thanks

Typically no. They sometimes will show a big game and you may have luck convincing someone to turn a game on in Maltings or OSheehans but usually it's soccer.