Kids and Specialty Dining Package

jason3695

I thought I would be able to find the answer to this on NCL.COM or CC but I can't. I will be travelling on the Escape with my 1.5 year old. Do I need to buy him the Specialty Dining Package for him to come with us to the restaurants?

I thought I would be able to find the answer to this on NCL.COM or CC but I can't. I will be travelling on the Escape with my 1.5 year old. Do I need to buy him the Specialty Dining Package for him to come with us to the restaurants?

We didn't have to buy a package for our 11 yr old on the breakaway. We only purchased a 4 dinner package and I believe he was priced differently (if even at all but would have to confirm that with other half)

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

No, not at all. He will be able to order off the kids menu which has all the usual toddler foods. Complimentary.

As long as he orders from kids menu...no additional charge. If any child orders from restaurant menu ...full charge plus 18% grats...no more 50% off

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

As long as he orders from kids menu...no additional charge. If any child orders from restaurant menu ...full charge plus 18% grats...no more 50% off

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

The kid is 1.5 years old.... I'm going to go out on a limb here and say he isn't going to be browsing the menu himself and making any adult entree selections.

Not as long is he orders off the kids menu

My little girl is a similar age. We have UBP and are in a group of three adults. We plan to share our Combined 9 Dishes with her. She's doesn't eat the sort of things that are on the kids menu at home and has what we have normally. Plus it's a good way to keep my calorie intake down for the week. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My little girl is a similar age. We have UBP and are in a group of three adults. We plan to share our Combined 9 Dishes with her. She's doesn't eat the sort of things that are on the kids menu at home and has what we have normally. Plus it's a good way to keep my calorie intake down for the week. :-)

That's a good plan! My wife and I will do the same. We just did that in Disneyland Paris at all of the expensive table service restaurants and it worked quite well.

Thanks for the help!

If you get caught they may make you just pay for the full adult meal for her. That's always the problem with bringing kids along lol.

The kid is 1.5 years old.... I'm going to go out on a limb here and say he isn't going to be browsing the menu himself and making any adult entree selections.

Yeah I missed that - sorry.

As per sharing some of your food - I don't think they care that much...someone has to eat it, right?

You really don't think before you post do you? She's a BABY.

It's possible that I am right, i was just giving fair warning. Norwegian allows children to eat from the kids menu for free. So I could see how sneaking from the adult men you could get you in trouble.

It's possible that I am right, i was just giving fair warning. Norwegian allows children to eat from the kids menu for free. So I could see how sneaking from the adult men you could get you in trouble.

What have you been right about before?

They're not sneaking from the adult menu.:rolleyes: They are feeding a baby from their plates... plates they are paying for.

Again, this is mere speculation on your part. Leave the answers to the people who actually know what they are talking about. Speculation and guessing when you don't know the reality is not helpful to anyone.

As long as you don't order 2 entrees and give the child one. They don't care.

My guess is they would rather you give the baby some food off your plate than send them running all over the ship for something the child can eat.

What difference does it make if DH and I order an entree each and share for the difference flavors Or If I we give some of the same meal to our toddler. It's the same amount of food being prepped.

No...it's not possible.

Your wrong. Here is the thing you don't know. Young kids/babies eat very little. Its less waste for a parent to give a child a few bites off their plate than to order a children's meal that the child eats a few bites of.

Parents know how much their kids eat. At about 4 we had to start ordering my children their own kids meal to share. At about 5 or 6 they each got a kids meal. My DS is 11 he eats a kids meal or adult meal on ship always adult. My DD is 13 she eats more than me. Basically for a child 4 or 5 and under who doesn't eat much no restaurant on sea or land has a issue with sharing a meal with a child. Even places that say the have a 2nd plate charge don't do that for little kids. Never have I ever been charged that and we eat out a lot.

Now if I walked in with my 11 YO and ordered 3 aps, 1 entrée and 2 deserts and gave my DS half yes they would/should charge me. Sure he is a kid but he is a kid who eats so much I have to order more than normal to feed him.

we recently went on the getaway. We ordered the kids food off the kids menu but also shared some of our food with them if they were interested. No one said anything, I HIGHLY doubt they would say ANYTHING for sharing with a child under 2.

Also at Teppanyaki the chef gave everyone at the table the garlic fried rice, even the kids. my kids were thrilled as that is all they wanted and I was NOT going to pay $25+ for a 4 year old to eat some fried rice. I also ordered them kids meals.

At Cagneys they also brought our kids the truffle fries since they didnt like the kids meal fries...no issues. The specialty restaurants treated us well.

At Le Bistro my 7 year old didnt find the kids menu food appealing or the le bistro menu. our server said she could bring him anything he wants from the free dining venue (taste) which had a ton of options, Very nice gesture.

we recently went on the getaway. We ordered the kids food off the kids menu but also shared some of our food with them if they were interested. No one said anything, I HIGHLY doubt they would say ANYTHING for sharing with a child under 2.

Also at Teppanyaki the chef gave everyone at the table the garlic fried rice, even the kids. my kids were thrilled as that is all they wanted and I was NOT going to pay $25+ for a 4 year old to eat some fried rice. I also ordered them kids meals.

When I was at teppanyaki on the Breakaway, the stewardess brought a mini round pizza and potato chips for the couple seated next to us as their kids were 3 and 1.