11 Night Onboard Activities vrs 7 Night?

Mekamax

This will be our first longer cruise with Princess. Are there any other activities they offer on the 11 night cruises than the 7. We are used to the Champagne Welcome Aboard Party, Balloon Drop, and the Deck Party during the evenings.... Thank you!!

This will be our first longer cruise with Princess. Are there any other activities they offer on the 11 night cruises than the 7. We are used to the Champagne Welcome Aboard Party, Balloon Drop, and the Deck Party during the evenings.... Thank you!!

A lot depends on the number of sea and port days, the itinerary, and the ship. For example, a cruise in the Baltic probably will not have an evening deck party, but most likely will have a late night piazza party with balloon drop.

Edited by sknight

Great question. We are looking forward to our first longer cruise as well, 17 days in December LA to Santiago Chile. Will they have fresh shows and movies for the whole trip? I'm curious how many formal nights we should plan for.

What ship?

What itinerary?

Great question. We are looking forward to our first longer cruise as well, 17 days in December LA to Santiago Chile. Will they have fresh shows and movies for the whole trip? I'm curious how many formal nights we should plan for.

Your personalizer will tell you the number of formal evenings. Should be 3.

Evening shows will be different each night. May have the same entertainer with a different show some nights.

There have been a few times where they have spotlighted a principle singer in a lounge show doing Sinatra. I've seen the Crooner's pianist do a tribute to Gershwin. ELUA did a show in the Vista Lounge and recently Dave did a solo with his steel guitar. Rhapsody Trio did a classical performance in the Vista Lounge.

They generally do not repeat a large production show.

Mike Witte did a great pub night in the Explorer's Lounge instead of doing a stint during the crew talent show. That's (crew) always very entertaining. You will probably have some 20-30 minute show in the Piazza nightly along with a piano player, guitarist, mariachi, Princess Jazz Band, etc. There will be a Princess Pop Choir show, Passenger Talent Show, and lots of other events throughout your 11 days. You will probably have more than you are going to attend.

Much depends on which ship you are on, how port intensive the itinerary is, and who your cruise director is.

A lot depends on the cruise director. Some are better than others on longer cruises. The 17 night cruise has 9 sea days. Daytime activities might include: 2 trivia sessions per day and maybe a cruise long trivia game; Pop Choir; Zumba; cross the equator deck party; port lectures, we had informative ones not shopping ones, they are re-played on the cabin tv; cards usually not hosted; maybe some pool games; Spanish @ sea; other CD staff hosted games; the usual cooking demo; afternoon movies; and more.

In the evening there will be the normal production shows, probably at least 3 different ones; guest entertainers in both the theater and the Vista lounge; special solo shows by the Crooner’s entertainer, the classical entertainers, possibly one of the singers from one of the bands will do a show, the Princess orchestra will most likely have a big band night and jazz night, piazza party; karaoke; Pop Star; maybe a passenger talent show; MUTS; deck party; all things like that.

The no. of formal nights should be the standard 3 for a 17 night voyage.

Thank you everyone. It is a Panama run with 5 sea days and 5 port days... I think I have seen or experienced most of what you are describing on the 7 day trips to the Caribbean. Just curious if there were any other events I might need to plan for at night.. :) Thanks again!!!

Thank you everyone. It is a Panama run with 5 sea days and 5 port days... I think I have seen or experienced most of what you are describing on the 7 day trips to the Caribbean. Just curious if there were any other events I might need to plan for at night.. :) Thanks again!!!

You may be too late. On the Bayou is/was one of Island/Coral/Princess' best production show. They are doing away with it. What a shame.

As others have said, there are some factors that may influence the quantity and variety of on board activities. Our last three cruises were the Hawaiian two week cruises and there's many Hawaiian-based activities that wouldn't be on a Panama or Caribbean cruise. And if you have a great cruise director, he or she would try to keep things active.

As for number of formal nights and other info that would pertain to your cruise, you should check out the Princess website as there's a FAQ section that answers many questions, including how many formal nights on my cruise, which dining rooms are traditional and which anytime, and the official dress code for smart casual and formal dinners. But other than having that kind of clothing (depending on your preference for dressing up) and port and daytime wear, you don't have to think about what to wear for activities. There's really no dress up events for the entire ship. Even the Ultimate Deck Party would just mean wear something casual and fun.

Be interesting to see what comes in its place.

Unfortunately nothing will replace the show. They are taking away the lounge and replacing it with cabins.

Coral was a favorite of mine because she was so different than all the other classes. I don't consider these modifications an improvement. They have destroyed the best of the best.