Cabin upgrade option - worth it?

Herfnerd

Contacted my big box TA after I saw that the price of our September Eurodam cruise had dropped. Even though we had paid off the trip in full about 6 weeks ago, our TA contacted HAL and I guess since our final payment date is not for another two and a half months, they gave us the price difference back

However, we were asked whether we wanted the cabin upgrade option which I turned down but wondered if maybe I shouldn't have.

We are currently booked in Verandah room - VD 7084 on the Rotterdam deck. TA said with that option, we could have be moved to a higher category only, but no guarantee about location, obstructed view, etc. The ship seems close to selling out but not having sailed HAL before, didn't know if it that option was worth it or not......

Thoughts?

I would stick with what you have. You have staterooms above and below you so there shouldn't be any additional noise like one would get below the Lido deck pool areas. This is what you would probably risk with the upgrade. There wouldn't be an issue with obstruction because every verandah/suite room would be unobstructed. It's the location that would concern me most. I think your current stateroom is well located. I would have taken the cash, too.

Upgrade to what? If it was to a SS/SY/SZ guarantee I would have taken that! But not just a "higher level" verandah, where they could stick you with a deck 5 midship V or a deck 10 VQ or deck 11 VT.

Didn't know which is why I asked - first time on HAL. All other cruises have been on Carnival.......