Veal Pasta

ckb104

I watched a cruise vlog and they had a veal ravioli in cheesy cream sauce. Is that just an Alfredo's thing or has anyone seen in on other ships? Just curious. It looked amazing!

It's been on menus in MDR for years. On all 7 of the Princess ships I've been on.

The veal ravioli served in the MDR has always been in a red wine(-ish) mushroom sauce for as far back as I remember. Unfortunately for us long-time Princess cruisers we have watched the filling devolve from real shredded veal to the current mystery meat paste. For the first time since the late 90s I passed the night it was on the menu on my last cruise.

I watched a cruise vlog and they had a veal ravioli in cheesy cream sauce. Is that just an Alfredo's thing or has anyone seen in on other ships? Just curious. It looked amazing!

Sounds like you might be talking about the Agnolotti (veal pockets) at Alfredo's. It is only for the Alfredo's on the Royal, Regal, and Majestic. I have been on all 3 ships (yes, even the Majestic) and have it. It is very delicious on all three ships.

There is nothing like it on the MDR menus, and the other ships that have Alfredo's (Sapphire and Grand) as well as the ships that service Alfredo's at lunch, using Sabatinis (on Island and Coral) as these only do pizza, and none of the appetizers.

That's my favorite pasta! We had it on the Star Hawaii cruise last month in the MDR. Whenever it's offered as an appetizer I order a double portion and make it my main course.

It's an Alfredos specialty on the Royal/Regal, as others have stated.

It's delicious!!

Careful though!! When they say the plate is hot... it's scalding, burn your arm and leave a permanent scar Hot... I still went back again. But it was never served as hot as the time they scarred me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's it! Too bad it's only in Alfredo's. It looks ridiculously good!

Wife just asked what's for dinner. I answered: "Veal ravioli from Alfredo's."

😂

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Not normally a fan of veal but would be happy to try this if they would put Alfredo's on more ships. Next two cruises are on Emerald and Caribbean and, of course, neither one offers this.

That's it! Too bad it's only in Alfredo's. It looks ridiculously good!

That certainly looks nothing like what they serve in MDR. Having eaten in Alfredo`s numerous times I can`t believe I missed ordering this delicious looking dish.

That certainly looks nothing like what they serve in MDR. Having eaten in Alfredo`s numerous times I can`t believe I missed ordering this delicious looking dish.

It's called Angolotti Gratinati alla Piemontese on the Alfredo's menu.

Description on the menu: "gratinated pasta pockets filled with veal beef and parmesan cheese tossed in creamy veal sauce and sage"