TA question

RMac713

I was looking to use a certain TA for the cruise I want to book as they had a good amount of stateroom credit. Unfortunately, now while the price on the Princess website is the same ($1980), this TA website has $2788 for the same room. (it is a certain very big box type of TA so you can see online pricing). The credit is up to $215, but I'm not paying an extra $900 for stateroom credit.

I know I can switch to a TA later, but if I book on the website and then switch will I get their stateroom credit without paying their huge price difference?

Sounds like a typo or some other sort of error. You can contact the TA and verify the price - and also ask what sort of OBC they provide. No TA is allowed to advertise a lower price online but many will give you a discounted price when you ask.

Call and ask. I've used that TA (if it's the same one).

The reps will tell you that they charge the same price as the cruise line. No discount.

I've never seen a price that was more on the cruises I've checked.

I called them one time to find out about doing a take-over and the rep I talked to said "we don't do that". I know they do, because I've done it before. I didn't argue, just went to a different TA.

The price may be tied to your Captain Circle number. When you login to Princess, they can show you "your prices" as you login to their site. If you do a search on an online store with out giving them your Captain Circle number, they can't give you any special prices Princess has for you. You need to give them your Captain Circle number to any online agency (or phone number) to get correct pricing. Contact them direct. BTW - I am not a fan of agents that give OBC as discounts. I want the discount off the price of the cruise.

I don't have a captain circle number. This will be our first Princess cruise; have only cruised DCL before. I was just price checking again before I pull the trigger. The price had been exactly the same until today, but the TA had $140 in stateroom credit. Now it's more credit, but $800 more dollars for the stateroom, but only at the TA--Princess has the same price they did before.

If the TA won't at least match the fare, you're being ripped off. I, along with many people here, have a TA who routinely shaves around 8% off the basic fare, often offers a group-booking OBC on top of that, and doesn't charge booking or cancellation fees. If the TA in question can't explain why you're being offered an OBC (which is, most of us agree, often less valuable than cash) on an inflated fare, say Thanks Anyway and hang up.

I don't have a captain circle number. This will be our first Princess cruise; have only cruised DCL before. I was just price checking again before I pull the trigger. The price had been exactly the same until today' date=' but the TA had $140 in stateroom credit. Now it's more credit, but $800 more dollars for the stateroom, but only at the TA--Princess has the same price they did before.[/quote']

Ok -that is odd.

I would expect a TA to at least match the Princess Cruises published website prices, and never be more.

I understand that by the rules, they cannot publish a discounted price, but I also know that if I email my TA and ask for a quote then she can give me a discounted price. I suggest you do this for any TA you may contact.

I've also noted that many of these OBC offers I see online are simply a restatement of some special Princess is running. Again the TA's price should not be more than Princess is advertising, regardless of OBC offer. Call Princess for their price and offers.

Well today this particular TA price is once again the same as Princess, with the stateroom credit. Wonder what the heck happened? If I only I could convince the husband to pull the trigger. We have all of our CCs paid off and he isn't in a hurry to put something back on them.