Executive Tasting - Amazing!!! Anybody else get to do this?

michelleveade

So, DH and I were having dinner on the Triumph 4 day out of New Orleans 4/20/17, and one of the hostesses comes over and asks us if we would like to be part of an exclusive tasting. I had no idea what this was about, but we said sure! She said to meet her by the London dining room at 5:10 the next night. I figure it would be a group of us trying out new things, but it turned out to but just me and DH, and the head chef, maitre d, head of hotel, and a couple of other people. Chef had one of each of the appetizer, entree, and dessert from that night's menu in the galley laid out for us to try, and it was AMAZING! I don't now why we were picked or what it was all about, just that it was something that they started doing about a month ago. Probably one of the most incredible things that has ever happened. I tried the Indian vegetarian meals, which were so good, and I would never have ordered that off the menu. And I tried the rabbit. I would never have eaten that if people weren't watching me, but it was actually delicious. It was in puff pastry, so there was that... Seared tuna appetizer, rosemary lamb shank, tilapia, portobello mushrooms, steak tacos! Literally one of everything!

Thank you Carnival!!!

Has anyone else gotten to do this?

My wife and I and the 3 other couples who did the chef's table were invited to do this the next evening. It is something new they are doing to get feedback on the food. We decided not to go since we would have had to get ready for dinner much earlier than we would have liked and didn't get out on deck early because of rain. We bumped into one of the couples that night and they were the only ones who went. From what they said it was pretty much as you described, only took them about 15-20 minutes. Seems like a pretty cool thing to do if you get the chance, we would have gone had we not wanted to spend more time on deck since it was the last day of our cruise.

We got to know the officer in charge of the food on the Miracle and he also invited us to "tour the kitchen". It was just us and one other couple who had been invited by the maitre d . I didn't realize we'd be doing a tasting but it was lots of fun to try the food right in the kitchen.

Currently on Paradise. Food Manager, Philip, asked us to do this "tasting" tomorrow, half hour before YTD seating opens. Believe he said it would be some new menu candidates. Sounds like fun.:D

If you choose to participate I hope you'll post your thoughts on the experience afterwards.

Happy sailing.

We have found that getting to know officers on board the ship(and the captain) often results in some little extras that are quite nice!

We are only gold(turning platinum on our next cruise) but we have had some lovely experiences on board!

Sounds really neat....we are platinum..and have done the Chef's Table twice...but have never been asked to do a tasting...maybe on our next cruise!

From what we were told about it last week at chefs table, they have only been doing it for about a month. So I wouldn't be surprised if next cruise you get invited, especially if you do chefs table.

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using Tapatalk

Reporting back. The tasting was of most items on that evening's menu. It was fun, not memorable. Just us, in galley, with FM and Chef Ajit. Did try some new dishes, all on menu. Enjoyed the company very well. Better, was dinner with FM that evening. Chef made fried rice and wings for us.:D Your experience may vary. We have greatly enjoyed our time on Paradise!