Boston Cruise port

allentownahoy

So is there anything at the cruise port or a very short walk. Will be visiting on the Summit and do not really want to head in to town ( have been there many times and will spend a week next Spring). Just wondering what if anything is there and if there is a water front promenade.

Thanks

A half hour walk, or 10 minute cab, will get you to Fan Pier Park, which has a harborwalk. Along the way, you'll pass Harpoon Brewery, Seaport World Trade Center, the Institute of Contemporary Art, and several good restaurants.

Or a 40 minute walk, or 10 minute cab, will take you to Castle Island Park and Fort Independence.

So is there anything at the cruise port or a very short walk. Will be visiting on the Summit and do not really want to head in to town ( have been there many times and will spend a week next Spring). Just wondering what if anything is there and if there is a water front promenade.

Thanks

Ruth - feel free to email me. IMO there really isn't much in the Seaport area except for the Harpoon Brewery and the Institute of Contemporary Art. There is Fan Pier and a waterfront area in front of the Children's Museum on Ft Point Channel.

I worked in this area for several years and always found the walking distances between places to be further than anticipated.

We actually spent July 4 in Boston with our daughter and granddaughters and stayed at the Westin. We walked from there to the Children's museum with the kids and that was enough. What we did discover later in the day was the water taxi. Not cheap, but a lot of fun. I believe Rowes Wharf water taxi offers an all day pass. This would give you the freedom to go anywhere along the waterfront to any of the piers. Getting on and off the taxi is no worse than a ship's tender.

If you want to go to Fan Pier or the Children's Museum I would recommend the Silver line to the Courthouse Station.

Ruth - feel free to email me. IMO there really isn't much in the Seaport area except for the Harpoon Brewery and the Institute of Contemporary Art. There is Fan Pier and a waterfront area in front of the Children's Museum on Ft Point Channel.

I worked in this area for several years and always found the walking distances between places to be further than anticipated.

We actually spent July 4 in Boston with our daughter and granddaughters and stayed at the Westin. We walked from there to the Children's museum with the kids and that was enough. What we did discover later in the day was the water taxi. Not cheap, but a lot of fun. I believe Rowes Wharf water taxi offers an all day pass. This would give you the freedom to go anywhere along the waterfront to any of the piers. Getting on and off the taxi is no worse than a ship's tender.

If you want to go to Fan Pier or the Children's Museum I would recommend the Silver line to the Courthouse Station.

Thanks Carol. I figured you would chime in. We really are not feeling too ambitious for Boston, I just wondered if there was anything right there. Will probably conserve my walking for other ports where I have not been. Maybe a nice day on board at an empty pool.

• 4 months later...
I have been looking at Boston. We will be there from 10 am til 11pm. Can anyone tell me about the Old Town Trolley Tour? I found info on it an was wondering if anyone has done it before.

Are you planning to do it on your own or as a ship's tour? The ship's tour is 1 hour 45 minutes with NO hop on hop off option.

Are you planning to do it on your own or as a ship's tour? The ship's tour is 1 hour 45 minutes with NO hop on hop off option.

I would do it on my own. Can I get tickets at the port? Do they trolleys go to the ship or do we have to walk?

I would do it on my own. Can I get tickets at the port? Do they trolleys go to the ship or do we have to walk?

When cruise ships dock, Old Town Trolley offers a stop right near Black Falcon. It's a connector trolley that takes you to Faneuil Hall where you can purchase a ticket. I don't think they sell them at the port.

Massport/Black Falcon Cruise Ship Terminal - Stop 18a

11 Drydock Ave, Boston, MA 02210, USA

Exit the cruise terminal, turn left and go to the end of the parking lot; you'll see a white tent there.

When cruise ships dock, Old Town Trolley offers a stop right near Black Falcon. It's a connector trolley that takes you to Faneuil Hall where you can purchase a ticket. I don't think they sell them at the port.

Exit the cruise terminal, turn left and go to the end of the parking lot; you'll see a white tent there.

Thank you so much for the information. I think that is what we will do

Can you provide more info on this trolley (first time I've heard it mentioned). We will be docked in Boston on July 4. Does this trolley operate when all cruise ships dock? How much? How frequently do the trolleys run? Operating hours? Where does it stop? Is it hard to get one for the return trip? Is there a website for more info?

Can you provide more info on this trolley (first time I've heard it mentioned). We will be docked in Boston on July 4. Does this trolley operate when all cruise ships dock? How much? How frequently do the trolleys run? Operating hours? Where does it stop? Is it hard to get one for the return trip? Is there a website for more info?

It looks like the Summit will overnight in Boston so you would be able to do the Charles River fireworks at 10 pm if it appeals. DH, DD, 3 DGD's and I stayed in a hotel last July and did this.

The Old Town Trolley operates a connector trolley pickup at Black Falcon Terminal when cruise ships dock.

These links should answer your questions.

Web site: https://www.trolleytours.com/boston

Map: https://www.trolleytours.com/boston/map

We did not do the trolley tour. The only massive crowds that we found were for the fireworks.

It looks like the Summit will overnight in Boston so you would be able to do the Charles River fireworks at 10 pm if it appeals.

The Old Town Trolley operates a connector trolley pickup at Black Falcon Terminal when cruise ships dock.

Web site: https://www.trolleytours.com/boston

Map: https://www.trolleytours.com/boston/map

We did not do the trolley tour. The only massive crowds that we found were for the fireworks

Thanks for the info. The trolley looks like a good way to get around town.

Might opt not to see the fireworks. We'll be in Halifax on July 1 and hope to see their fireworks show..

We will be disembarking in Boston on a Friday morning (from NCL Dawn). We are staying with my brother-in-law in Boston for 2 nights. But he is a VERY late sleeper so I was wondering if we could do some kind of trolley tour or something first, however, since we aren't leaving that day from the airport, we would need to do something with our bags. Does anyone know of any service at the dock that holds your bags? NCL offers a tour but it ends at the airport so I don't know if that would work.

We will be disembarking in Boston on a Friday morning (from NCL Dawn). We are staying with my brother-in-law in Boston for 2 nights. But he is a VERY late sleeper so I was wondering if we could do some kind of trolley tour or something first, however, since we aren't leaving that day from the airport, we would need to do something with our bags. Does anyone know of any service at the dock that holds your bags? NCL offers a tour but it ends at the airport so I don't know if that would work.

There are two places to store luggage in downtown Boston - the 5th floor of the bus station and the Rowes Wharf Water Taxi. The bus station charges $10 per bag and you pay at Rowes Wharf by buying a ticket to Logan for $20.

http://www.boston-tourism-made-easy.com/boston-storage-lockers.html

• 2 months later...

We are on the Crystal Symphony coming into Boston late May...Can someone provide advice on how to get to the subway system from the port. We wanted to go to the original Regina Pizzeria on Thatcher but not sure how to get from ship to subway or is there a better option. Any feedback will be deeply appreciated...

We are on the Crystal Symphony coming into Boston late May...Can someone provide advice on how to get to the subway system from the port. We wanted to go to the original Regina Pizzeria on Thatcher but not sure how to get from ship to subway or is there a better option. Any feedback will be deeply appreciated...

What day of the week and what time would you be doing this?

On Black Falcon Ave in front of the cruise terminal you can catch the Silver Line SL2 bus to South Station where you have a free transfer to the Red Line Direction Alewife. Take any train and get on the front car to go one stop to Downtown Crossing where you transfer to the Orange Line Direction Oak Grove and go three stops to North Station. http://www.mbta.com/schedules_and_maps/subway/

Coming out of the Orange Line you go out to Causeway St, cross the Street and walk left one block to Beverly St. Make a right and walk one block to Valenti Park and make a left on Valenti Way. Go one block and cross Washington St and the street is renamed Thacher St. walk 3 blocks to Pizzeria Regina.

Or you can take a cab for about $15. Uber would be less.

Print out a map if you're going to wander the North End.

What day of the week and what time would you be doing this?

On Black Falcon Ave in front of the cruise terminal you can catch the Silver Line SL2 bus to South Station where you have a free transfer to the Red Line Direction Alewife. Take any train and get on the front car to go one stop to Downtown Crossing where you transfer to the Orange Line Direction Oak Grove and go three stops to North Station. http://www.mbta.com/schedules_and_maps/subway/

Coming out of the Orange Line you go out to Causeway St, cross the Street and walk left one block to Beverly St. Make a right and walk one block to Valenti Park and make a left on Valenti Way. Go one block and cross Washington St and the street is renamed Thacher St. walk 3 blocks to Pizzeria Regina.

Or you can take a cab for about $15. Uber would be less.

Print out a map if you're going to wander the North End.

thanks a bunch for the info.... we are coming in on a Monday. Just to confirm, is Uber allowed in Boston? I have never used it but thought about trying it out on this trip...

thanks a bunch for the info.... we are coming in on a Monday. Just to confirm, is Uber allowed in Boston? I have never used it but thought about trying it out on this trip...

Uber is allowed in Boston. Our son lives in Somerville and uses it all the time. However it is awkward to go from the port to the North End by public transit with the multiple connections.

• 2 weeks later...

We're doing several B2B's on RCCL's Serenade of the Seas. We'll be departing the ship on Sun Oct 1, '17 for a flight to NC. In researching different flights, the best airline fare we've found departs Logan Airport at 11:55am. We always do self express departure - first ones to depart the ship with our luggage (we don't place it outside our cabin door the night before thus we carry it off the ship ourselves). Do you think we'll have enough time to get to the airport, go through TSA, and to the departure gate in time? We'd appreciate any advice you can give us.

We're doing several B2B's on RCCL's Serenade of the Seas. We'll be departing the ship on Sun Oct 1, '17 for a flight to NC. In researching different flights, the best airline fare we've found departs Logan Airport at 11:55am. We always do self express departure - first ones to depart the ship with our luggage (we don't place it outside our cabin door the night before thus we carry it off the ship ourselves). Do you think we'll have enough time to get to the airport, go through TSA, and to the departure gate in time? We'd appreciate any advice you can give us.

11:55 should be no problem. From the ship you can see the airport on the other side of the harbor and watch the planes land. On a Sunday morning it should be no more than a 15 minute cab ride. I wouldn't get crazy about being the very first people off the ship. Carry off, but don't feel you have to rush.