Grandeur's shameful Internet

barante

We are on the Grandeur now, returning from Bermuda. What is wrong with the Internet? I pay $20 for non-access and dropped connections that make necessary chats with businesses impossible.

Last time we took the Grandeur (in December), the Internet worked splendidly.

Who knows? Who can get some action from RCL?

We are on the Grandeur now, returning from Bermuda. What is wrong with the Internet? I pay $20 for non-access and dropped connections that make necessary chats with businesses impossible.

Last time we took the Grandeur (in December), the Internet worked splendidly.

Who knows? Who can get some action from RCL?

Go to guest services and explain the problem. they will give you some credit back.

I have found the internet to be slow on Vision and Radiance class ships.

Janet and Stolid: With all due regard, you are not getting it.

if you need /absolutely must have reliable high speed internet available at your beck and call do not cruise.

my husband has been deployed for just under 6 months. to say that his internet connection has sucked is putting it mildly( think it is bad on a cruise ship..any of them? try a US Navy Hospital ship that should have been decommed 20 years ago)

hell even sitting here at home, my WiFi can be great or lousy depending on too many factors to name.

so just because you had decent connectivity once before does not mean it will always be that way

seems like you can post fine here, you are in the middle of tge Atlantic, what speeds are you looking for!

I agree. Take a land based vacation if you need high speed internet. You are able to post and complain on this site instead of enjoying your vacation so the connection works well enough for basic internet browsing!

Because conducting business at sea is important to you, you may want to consider cruising on the Oasis class next time. They have "Zoom" internet and it is excellent. The Oasis and Quantum classes might be the only ships that can consistently support Skype and FaceTime.

Edited by beachnative

WOW

Don't you know it's your fault.

I guess everybody just assumes that everybody else in the world just clocks out at 3 and that's the end of the work day. I wish.

Nobody cruising expects 30MB download speed on a ship. However, it's not an unrealistic expectation for it to work (albeit slowly) 24/7.