Being unfaithful and a month in Japan

drron29

In April we decided to try a cruise other than Silverseas so did a cruise around Japan on the Caledonian Sky.A similar size to the Silver Explorer.We did spend a week before the cruise and 2 weeks post cruise.So a pictorial trip around Japan.

Find it here-

http://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/showthread.php?t=2384432

In April we decided to try a cruise other than Silverseas so did a cruise around Japan on the Caledonian Sky.A similar size to the Silver Explorer.We did spend a week before the cruise and 2 weeks post cruise.So a pictorial trip around Japan. Find it here-

No need to feel that you are being "unfaithful". The customer is always right and you need to travel in the best way to fit your personal interests. Appreciate your postings!! Did some quick checking and saw lots of fun cherry blossoms and other Japan settings that look very special and interesting.

For us, our higher priorities are doing SE Asia, China, etc. Have not visited, yet, in those Asian areas. Japan is not as high up on the to-do listing, but hope to get their in the future, if my money and time do not run out first.

THANKS for sharing and postings on these boards! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 201,545 views.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

In April we decided to try a cruise other than Silverseas so did a cruise around Japan on the Caledonian Sky.A similar size to the Silver Explorer.We did spend a week before the cruise and 2 weeks post cruise.So a pictorial trip around Japan.

Find it here-

Excellent drron29! Beautiful pictorial trip around Japan! Thank you!

Good Doctor, your pictorial report was excellent. And, the generosity of your soul to share your Aussie spirit is second to none. I imagine all of the Japanese families you met greatly appreciated your attempts to communicate in their native tongue and snap a few pics for them to cherish forever.

Thx for sharing your trip with us. And, I'm glad to know others cheat on SS like we do. This summer was Ireland by land (amazing!) and next summer will be China and Thailand after a quick stop in Tokyo for sushi. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great pictures and blogg DrR.

It has always seemed to me that the Japanese are unable to do anything un-photogenic when displaying traditional archiatecture and garden cultivation ... everything always seems so perfect ... and your images captured that natural ability perfectly. Well done.

Thanks for posting them. :)

Jeff

A couple of years ago we remarked, on walking through Kyoto, that there were several people, and mostly young at that, wearing traditional Japanese dress while going about their daily lives. It certainly made for a colourful and very attractive view of the city.

We were later told that the Mayor encourages the wearing of kimonos to promote the ''Japaneseness'' of the city. Don't know how that works or even, if I'm honest, whether it is true but if it is then it's a masterstroke! Along with the highly coloured garments of Western African people and the Saris of India I think the Kimono is just so arrestingly beautiful.

I have pictures of OH after she was fitted (if that's the right word) with a lovely red kimono by a group of ladies at one of our ports of call. It doesn't seem to look quite as stunning on a 5 foot 9 inch Western frame with size 6 feet! For God's sake don't tell her I said that.

I reckon that a kimono or indeed a samuri nappy would qualify under the formal dress code .........:D

Jeff

Having had a Japanese couple on one of our cruises the Kimono was considered formal.

I have now uploaded all of the cruise section of the trip.still the post cruise part of our tour and 2 more weeks of independent travel.posting will now be slower as in 90 minutes we are ff on our next adventure.

the last part will have a lot more of the flavour of Japan plus lots of cherry blossoms.

link in post 1