Your time dining!

jsgracey

Taking our older 2 boys on a cruise in January. We chose YTD this time thinking that it would give us some flexibility to see shows and do other things.

My question is the time is listed as 5:45-9:30. how late is to late to show up and not feel rushed?

This will be our first time with YTD!

Taking our older 2 boys on a cruise in January. We chose YTD this time thinking that it would give us some flexibility to see shows and do other things.

My question is the time is listed as 5:45-9:30. how late is to late to show up and not feel rushed?

I wouldn't go in there any later than 8:30, personally. Although they would probably let people come in until 9:30. I just wouldn't do it, since I'm sure the staff would like to get their duties done and get out of there.

With early dining starting at 6:00, how can YTD be seated at 5:45? We are booked for YTD since early dining is waitlisted for our May cruise. This is something that I have been really curious about as we do not like to eat late.

With early dining starting at 6:00, how can YTD be seated at 5:45? We are booked for YTD since early dining is waitlisted for our May cruise. This is something that I have been really curious about as we do not like to eat late.

What does one have to do with the other? YTD and the fixed seatings are not conmingled in the same dining areas.

What does one have to do with the other? YTD and the fixed seatings are not conmingled in the same dining areas.

When we were on the Legend this summer, we had YTD and we were at tables right next to people with set dinning times. So I don't know if this is what maybe happens on other ships then?

As far as time to show up, we would get there around 6 p.m. because we didn't want to be there late, our son wanted to go to Circle C, which opened around 8 or so. There was one night they had something going on in Circle C that he wanted to go to, so we went later, around 7:30ish since it was just the 2 of us. We weren't rushed then either. We never were, but also didn't go really late like some might.

Even when they are in the same dining room, there are tables dedicated to YTD and tables dedicated to fixed dining. No problems with mixing the two :)

I wouldn't go in there any later than 8:30, personally. Although they would probably let people come in until 9:30. I just wouldn't do it, since I'm sure the staff would like to get their duties done and get out of there.

I don't quite understand what you are saying. I own a restaurant and close at 10, so I serve until 10. If I wanted to close at 9, I would change my hours. the staff has to do their job regardless.

While others have expressed different views, as a personal rule -- having worked in food service before -- I wouldn't show up anytime after 8:30, 8:45 at the latest.

Sure, they'll seat you at any time up to 9:30, but I always hate to be That Guy who shows up right at the end of the employees' day and causes them to have to stay a lot later.

On our last cruise we were showing up at 7:30 for YTD. After a few nights when we realized we were missing out on getting a 9-top table in our preferred serving crew's area by just a few minutes, we made it earlier, 7 pm. That worked out a lot better.

For whatever reason, ATD starts at 5:45. And yes, there are people waiting to eat that early.

ATD is either in a separate dining room or part of a dining room. On the Spirit class ships, ATD is on the upper level.

The 5:30 - 9:30 is the time frame to be seated.

You won't be rushed anytime you arrive within that time frame.

You do not have to be finished with dinner by 9:30.

If you wait until 9:30 to get there, you still won't be rushed. :)

I completely agree. We usually eat very early but we have gone late and never felt rushed. If anything we wanted to get in and out faster.

I feel like when we have early dining the wait staff is more fresh, as compared to when we've had late dining and everyone just seems so exhausted. We have YTD for the first time and we plan on dining earlier rather than later for that reason.

Show up late and you will miss the singing and napkin waving show in MDR.

Oh no! :eek: Can't miss that! All the crumbs flying around the room from the waving napkins.

Worse. If you show up while they are doing the singing, dancing and dirty napkin waving:eek:, you won't be seated until after the show is over.