Review of Celebrity Suite (CS) Millenium class

lawgirl

One of the things Celebrity I feel does less well than some other lines is design suites for more than two people...For three adults or two adults and two children or two couples the only suite that offers any real privacy is the M class PH. With the split to two sides entrance both parties can enter and leave the suite without disturbing the other, go on the balcony, without disturbing the other and two bathrooms. Booking two separate rooms or suites does not always offer the big space wanted for family groups...Even in the S class PH you have to walk through the lounge to leave the suite...Family bookings have now been further complicated by the introduction of The suite life...no longer can one couple book a big room and another an inside nearby but share the suite 'living space' during the day without compromising on use of Luminae and Michael's which one of the couples would not have access to.

We would rule out the M class CS if we were more than a couple because of the bathroom being off the bedroom....I think the 'jack and jill' S class CS bathroom was aiming to be a remedy for this. We have happily cruised S class RS with a third adult but really only suitable for close family members.

It will be interesting to see some of the new suite options on the Edge...

Edited by chemmo

Could NOT disagree with you more about making the CS on S class a large open space instead of the separate bedroom. We didn't find it difficult at all maneuvering around the bedroom, and loved the privacy it gave to whoever was "sleeping in" on any given day.

The large sectional sofa is probably too much for the room, a normal sofa would have afforded the room more space for a dining table, but we make do with the large balcony table for that.

We have been in the CS on Reflection, Eclipse, and Equinox and will be in one again on Eclipse on our next TA. It's just a wonderful room for us....

OF course that IS why there are different choices...what works for some doesn't for another:)

I am not saying that I would not book the CS. We do like the ones on the hump angle do we can get an extra bed on it. We have two c

CS booked for Feb 17 and Feb 18, 1233 and 1110 and we will really enjoy them but, for me the corner where the closet is and the sofa area are overcrowded.

Through a friend we met on the Eclipse a couple of years ago, who is a naval architect, and who does consultancy work for RCCL, he recommended when they were designing the S class that the CS would work best as a one room unit. He was overruled as the US market would not regard it as a suite.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What you say about the bedroom is correct but not for the main room. There is plenty of walking space to enjoy in the M-class CS yet it manages to have a dining table for 4. You would get little more walking space but considerably less privacy if you remover the wall in them-class CS.

If you did just remove the wall in the M-class CS, it would leave the bathroom in a strange place!

Hi Sue, I was only referring to the S class ships. We have never been on an M class one.

One of the things Celebrity I feel does less well than some other lines is design suites for more than two people...For three adults or two adults and two children or two couples the only suite that offers any real privacy is the M class PH. With the split to two sides entrance both parties can enter and leave the suite without disturbing the other, go on the balcony, without disturbing the other and two bathrooms. Booking two separate rooms or suites does not always offer the big space wanted for family groups...Even in the S class PH you have to walk through the lounge to leave the suite...Family bookings have now been further complicated by the introduction of The suite life...no longer can one couple book a big room and another an inside nearby but share the suite 'living space' during the day without compromising on use of Luminae and Michael's which one of the couples would not have access to.

We would rule out the M class CS if we were more than a couple because of the bathroom being off the bedroom....I think the 'jack and jill' S class CS bathroom was aiming to be a remedy for this. We have happily cruised S class RS with a third adult but really only suitable for close family members.

It will be interesting to see some of the new suite options on the Edge...

I don't think I would ever think about sharing a suite. I want the extra room for ourselves.

I am not saying that I would not book the CS. We do like the ones on the hump angle do we can get an extra bed on it. We have two c

CS booked for Feb 17 and Feb 18, 1233 and 1110 and we will really enjoy them but, for me the corner where the closet is and the sofa area are overcrowded.

Through a friend we met on the Eclipse a couple of years ago, who is a naval architect, and who does consultancy work for RCCL, he recommended when they were designing the S class that the CS would work best as a one room unit. He was overruled as the US market would not regard it as a suite.

The CS on the hump angle really are wonderful and we've been lucky enough to be in one of them on each of the cruises we have booked the CS on the "S" class. We like the back side of the angle, 1618 on Eclipse and Equinox and 1638 on Reflection. :)

The area between the bed and the closet is narrow but was never an issue for us, the value of the separate room far outweighs that minor inconvenience for us anyway....

I guess I have to agree that I don't regard it a real "suite" unless it includes a separate room....so I'm one of those in the "US market"....:) I do just consider myself very lucky to be able to cruise at all, let alone in a suite....of ANY kind!!

I don't think I would ever think about sharing a suite. I want the extra room for ourselves.

Too true! But, then, we do not have children and, if it was my mother travelling with us, I am afraid that she would need to be at the other end of the ship to us.

The CS on the hump angle really are wonderful and we've been lucky enough to be in one of them on each of the cruises we have booked the CS on the "S" class. We like the back side of the angle, 1618 on Eclipse and Equinox and 1638 on Reflection. :)

The area between the bed and the closet is narrow but was never an issue for us, the value of the separate room far outweighs that minor inconvenience for us anyway....

I guess I have to agree that I don't regard it a real "suite" unless it includes a separate room....so I'm one of those in the "US market"....:) I do just consider myself very lucky to be able to cruise at all, let alone in a suite....of ANY kind!!

There isn't a lot of space around the closet in the RS either.

Thanks for all the excellent input. We have stayed in Sky Suites in both M and S class ship and have been very happy. Get all the perks like the CS, but less room. Looking to book another cruise on M class soon for 14 days and the difference between Sky and Celebrity is $700 pp, or 100 a day for the two of us. Thoughts.

Edited by rogfam

Thanks for all the excellent input. We have stayed in Sky Suites in both M and S class ship and have been very happy. Get all the perks like the CS, but less room. Looking to book another cruise on M class soon for 14 days and the difference between Sky and Celebrity is $700 pp, or 100 a day for the two of us. Thoughts.

We book a mix of Sky and CS suites but with the changes in extras, Rhee is little point in booking more than an S1.

The important thing I can't tell is how much $1,400 is worth to you in your greater scheme of things. I would pay the difference, because we found the M-class CS so fabulous. But as they say, YMMV :)

The Sky Suites on M class are MUCH smaller than those on the S class, especially the S1's....for that reason alone IF I could afford it I would opt for the CS on an M class ship.

One other thing to consider is how many sea days you have on the cruise. If it is a very port intensive cruise, with few sea days then the smaller room might be fine. When we have lots of sea days, like on a TA I'd want the CS for sure.