Booking onboard questions

Bruin Steve

I know it's asked and answered periodically: What are the current benefits of booking while onboard?

I need to know that plus a little more, if anyone knows...

Here's the situation: At Thanksgiving, my siblings and I were talking about doing a family cruise to Alaska in 2018. We've got a quote from our TA, but we're holding back on booking it. My sister is going on a Celebrity cruise in just a few days and thought maybe it's to her (and maybe our) advantage to book it onboard.

So, the question becomes not only what one gets for booking onboard, but also if she can get that same deal booking multiple cabins onboard?

Anyone know? Thanks...

We booked a cruise while onboard our last cruise. We got an additional $150 onboard credit for booking on the ship. We are going on that cruise next month and will probably book another one for 2018 while we are there. With the four for one deal that gave us $450 in onboard credit. Not bad!

I know it's asked and answered periodically: What are the current benefits of booking while onboard?

I need to know that plus a little more, if anyone knows...

Here's the situation: At Thanksgiving, my siblings and I were talking about doing a family cruise to Alaska in 2018. We've got a quote from our TA, but we're holding back on booking it. My sister is going on a Celebrity cruise in just a few days and thought maybe it's to her (and maybe our) advantage to book it onboard.

So, the question becomes not only what one gets for booking onboard, but also if she can get that same deal booking multiple cabins onboard?

Anyone know? Thanks...

The situation has not changed. Book on board and have low deposits and get OBC. Just have it transferred to your TA. Simple. I've done it that way for 20+ cruises.

I only did it once, but it seemed to me that we got something like a 3-1 ratio on the money put down. Paid $250, got $750 toward a booking wihin a 3 year period. It was NCL, and they got our business the next time whereas I would have probably gone to another line based on itineraries. We could use any TA and select any itinerary- we just had a use it or lose it.

Go Bruins- beat the Cats!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We recently booked a future cruise for ourselves and our adult children. Your sister will have to have your full names and dates of birth. We paid for the deposits, $100pp) with our credit card. I am not sure if your sister can use your credit card number or if she will have to pay the deposits.

At the time we booked the cruise, we received a Drink Package x 2, $300 OBC, and an additional $200 OBC (for booking onboard) for each stateroom. ;) This was in October and we booked standard Veranda's.

NOTE: I am not sure if Celebrity is still offering the 2 Perks onboard. It may an offering of only 1 of the 4 Perks and the booking OBC. ;)

Edited by Iamthesea

On our cruise in June 2016 I got a quote from the agent on-board. I believe there were the usual perks offered at that time (beverage, tips, etc.) and an extra on-board credit plus a reduced deposit. Back in my cabin I went online and researched the price only to find the on-board price was higher by the amount of the on-board credit. I didn't pursue it further but suggest you know the current prices before you book on-board.

We were on the Infinity about 5 cruises ago and booked an unspecified future passages. Put down $100 with the promise that it would be applied to a future cruise once we decided on an itinerary and we would get at least 2x that in OBC plus whatever perks were being offered, and the money would be used towards our deposit. All could be transferred to our TA. After trying to use the benefit 5 times, each time we were told it was not combinable with the current promotion. We tried to just use it towards the deposit with no benefit, but they wouldn't even let us do that! Finally our wonderful TA managed to get them to refund the money to the original credit card we used. I'm really leery of booking onboard since then. We have tried pricing specific cruises, but haven't seen any offers that were any better than we could get ourselves through our TA. I have read about others who have supposedly done well, but we haven't had the same experience. I've even tried transferring booking onboard to our TA, but when all is said and done, I do as well booking with the TA during their sales than dealing with X.