Still no room assignment yet 5 days before sailing

cruiserRay55

First time to try Princess and we booked a guarantee BF balcony on Coral. Still no room to be assigned to us 5 days before sailing!!

We had booked the guarantee cabin many times on Royal Caribbean and always be assigned a room very quick. Not sure what is the policy on Princess. When did the guarantee room usually to be assigned on Princess? I would love to hear everyone’s experience on Princess.

Edited by cruiserRay55

They can assign a gty at anytime. I don't want to get your hopes up, but sometimes the last cabin assignments can hold wonderful upgrades (we went from a balcony to a full suite two days before embarkation). You will have a cabin, I would suggest you keep checking the website morning and evening, as it could happen at any time. Have a wonderful cruise, we love the Coral.

First time to try Princess and we booked a guarantee BF balcony on Coral. Still no room to be assigned to us 5 days before sailing!!

We had booked the guarantee cabin many times on Royal Caribbean and always be assigned a room very quick. Not sure what is the policy on Princess. When did the guarantee room usually to be assigned on Princess? I would love to hear everyone’s experience on Princess.

The longer it takes the better! (historically better chance of an upgrade for sure!) And the long shore men have lots of luggage tags at the pier, so not to worry your luggage will reach you regardless! Fingers crossed for you for a good upgrade!

We're 47 days away from our cruise.....I keep checking to see if we have a room assignment but it shows as a guarantee. Our cruise shows as completely sold out. I guess they wait for a last minute cancellation and based on their experience, it must always happen....

A GTY......Usually can be/assigned sometime/anytime up to a day or 2 before your cruise. Very rarely assigned at the pier. You can access bag tags/travel summary on the Princess cruise personalizer on the Princess website up to sailing day. The cabin assignment will be noted there.

Sometimes people think it was assigned at the pier but had they checked the personalizer the night before or day of their cruise they may have seen the cabin assignment at that time. Hope this makes sense.

Just because it says sold out does not mean they won't have a cabin for you. Princess keeps cabins behind the scenes. They have been doing this forever and have it down to a science. You will have a cabin.

We're 47 days away from our cruise.....I keep checking to see if we have a room assignment but it shows as a guarantee. Our cruise shows as completely sold out. I guess they wait for a last minute cancellation and based on their experience, it must always happen....

They do not wait for a cancellation.

If they have to they will offer move-overs with great offers of OBC and a free cruise to give up your cabin and move to another cabin or another cruise at a later date.

Kinda like the airlines. They will sweeten the deal until they get enough takers.

Just because it says sold out does not mean they won't have a cabin for you. Princess keeps cabins behind the scenes. They have been doing this forever and have it down to a science. You will have a cabin.

This year we got our cabin assignment 5 days before sailing. Be sure to check your personalizer (especially your luggage tags), since Princess doesn't always send out an email (we didn't get one this year). Don't worry. There is a cabin for you and it will be at least a BF cabin.

Have a wonderful cruise.

Well, just get assigned room today.

No luck here. From BF cabin moved to BE cabin on deck 9.

Good luck, everyone. :)

That ain't so bad. It's one category better than you paid for.

We're watching for an assignment for an MF guarantee, and if we get an ME, I'll be perfectly happy.

Jim

That ain't so bad. It's one category better than you paid for.

We're watching for an assignment for an MF guarantee, and if we get an ME, I'll be perfectly happy.

Jim

I am happy with any cabin otherwise I won’t choose guarantee cabin. Just wish a little more than that since the room is assigned so late. Lol

We booked a guarantee inside for the Caribbean Princess (British Isles cruise) in August last week. We noticed our cabin assignment the next day. Like the OP, we did not get much of an upgrade, going from a Cat. IE to a Cat. IC. We like the location of our cabin better than any of the possible Cat. IE cabins that were available, so we did get a little bit lucky.

This was the soonest (54 days before sailing) that we've had a guarantee cabin assignment in a long time. For a western Caribbean cruise in December 2003, we received our cabin assignment before the final payment date. Usually it's a week or two before sailing.

The policy is simple: you'll get a cabin of the requested grade or better. Therefore, Princess is well within policy and you'll just have to wait until assignment, which could happen as late as day-of-sailing.

When you book at GTY (with most lines) you can be assigned a cabin anytime from the time you make you booking up to pier check-in. However, they do like to have the ship fully berthed at least 3-day prior to sailing. Cruise lines routinely (just like the airlines) oversell their cruises to ensure they will sail at 100% occupancy. Yes, people do cancel right up to departure for many reasons (i.e illness, job issues, etc.). If not enough people cancel then Princess will start to offering "Move-over" offers to other Princess ship or sailing dates to accommodate all passengers. It could be Princess is still working on "move-overs" to open up cabins. Once those cabins are cleared - you will be a assigned a cabin and it might be a really nice one. Rest assure you will have a cabin and sailing as planned. Just keep checking your on-line Personalizer page.

I wouldn't worry if I were you. Sometimes people show up at the pier without a stateroom assignment and they only find out their room location when they go to turn in their luggage and the longshoreman clerk has to look up their name on the alphabetical roster that he has. Sometimes, in fact, when they go through the check-in process to get their cruise card they learn that they have had a change from what was printed on their e-Boarding pass!

Tom