Air2Sea to BCN

Pipo

I'm planning to take a cruise departing from Barcelona at 6pm, but the only flight that can get us there the same day is scheduled to land at BCN at 2:15pm., and that flight appears in the Air2Sea list of options. I wonder if a 3:15 landing (expecting a 1 hour delay) is early enough to get to embarkation on time, and in case of booking thru Air2Sea, how they are going to know that we are underway to the ship? In case of a very late landing (4pm or later) does 'assured arrival' may provide their own transfer to the port to guarantee an on time embarkation?

I know that the safest option is arriving at least one day earlier, but that's not an option for me right now. Has anyone being on a very tight itinerary with Air2Sea or Choice Air?

I keep checking air2sea and am not coming up with anything less expensive to BCN than what I find through the airlines or sites like Travelocity. How far out is your cruise? Mine is in June - wondering if I'm either too early or too late... Not sure how long to wait for the prices to come down before booking, husband is already nervous...

As for your question, I'm a new cruiser so I'm not sure my info is helpful but I do fly internationally quite a bit and that timeline would make me nervous. I've been delayed from hours to days by weather, strikes, mechanical problems, etc. I suppose it depends on what time of year you're flying to see how big the risk of weather delays are, the rest is definitely not something you can plan for.

The transfer from the airport to the ship should only take about 15 minutes, however you have to factor in waiting for bags and going through customs. The last time we landed in BCN, that process took about an hour. So I think you are cutting it very close.

I would make sure you have the ChoiceAir emergency number (direct number, not the 800 number) handy. If you do miss the ship, they will do what they can to get you to the next port.

Edited by clarea

I'm planning to take a cruise departing from Barcelona at 6pm, but the only flight that can get us there the same day is scheduled to land at BCN at 2:15pm., and that flight appears in the Air2Sea list of options. I wonder if a 3:15 landing (expecting a 1 hour delay) is early enough to get to embarkation on time, and in case of booking thru Air2Sea, how they are going to know that we are underway to the ship? In case of a very late landing (4pm or later) does 'assured arrival' may provide their own transfer to the port to guarantee an on time embarkation?

I know that the safest option is arriving at least one day earlier, but that's not an option for me right now. Has anyone being on a very tight itinerary with Air2Sea or Choice Air?

You must be checked in at least 90 minutes prior to the ship's departure so you must be at the pier no later than 4:30 for a 6PM departure.

I keep checking air2sea and am not coming up with anything less expensive to BCN than what I find through the airlines or sites like Travelocity. How far out is your cruise? Mine is in June - wondering if I'm either too early or too late... Not sure how long to wait for the prices to come down before booking, husband is already nervous...

As for your question, I'm a new cruiser so I'm not sure my info is helpful but I do fly internationally quite a bit and that timeline would make me nervous. I've been delayed from hours to days by weather, strikes, mechanical problems, etc. I suppose it depends on what time of year you're flying to see how big the risk of weather delays are, the rest is definitely not something you can plan for.

Mine is in June too (Harmony's inaugural on the 12). Air2Sea is about $100 higher than the airline offer, but I'm willing to pay just to have a little peace of mind in case we couldn't make it to the port on time.

Then the second question comes up: Will they pay for lodging in case we need to catch the ship next morning in Palma de Mallorca?

Sorry for the questions, but the Air2Sea's FAQ section has very few answers.

Mine is in June too (Harmony's inaugural on the 12). Air2Sea is about $100 higher than the airline offer, but I'm willing to pay just to have a little peace of mind in case we couldn't make it to the port on time.

Then the second question comes up: Will they pay for lodging in case we need to catch the ship next morning in Palma de Mallorca?

Sorry for the questions, but the Air2Sea's FAQ section has very few answers.

This link might help. Just click on the link and fill in the blanks What is the latest arrival time to reserve a flight before the cruise, or the earliest departure time to reserve a flight after the cruise in order to make port/airport connections on time?

I've used air2sea(Choice Air) six times and in every instance their price was about 1/4 the price directly through the airline. April 29, Barcelona to Phoenix is $390 p.p. in coach. This is for one way US to Europe or visa versa.

It seems their pricing holds pretty well no matter if your cruise is out a year or two months.

I've used air2sea(Choice Air) six times and in every instance their price was about 1/4 the price directly through the airline. April 29, Barcelona to Phoenix is $390 p.p. in coach. This is for one way US to Europe or visa versa.

It seems their pricing holds pretty well no matter if your cruise is out a year or two months.

Same here.

Thanks for the response; I might be doing something wrong as I'm not getting any discounts over what I pull up on Travelocity, etc., or the airlines themselves for Chicago to Barcelona in June. I'll keep trying and hoping for a miracle, right now the flights are quite a bit more than expected and of course I need them X4! At this rate we're spending more on airfare than we did on the cruise. It is what it is but I'm hopeful for some sudden price break using air2sea.

Thanks for the response; I might be doing something wrong as I'm not getting any discounts over what I pull up on Travelocity, etc., or the airlines themselves for Chicago to Barcelona in June. I'll keep trying and hoping for a miracle, right now the flights are quite a bit more than expected and of course I need them X4! At this rate we're spending more on airfare than we did on the cruise. It is what it is but I'm hopeful for some sudden price break using air2sea.

I booked my air through Air2Sea a couple of weeks ago for my Harmony Cruise..DFW to Barcelona. I have been watching the airfare since June and it has been going up since then. I finally pulled the trigger because I was afraid that the air would go up so much that I would be priced out of the cruise. We ended up paying almost the same per person for air that we are paying per person for the cruise. Air2Sea was over 400.00 pp less than what I could get through any of the other travel sights or directly through the airlines. Good Luck..I feel your pain!

We booked Air2Sea for the Harmony TA in October at about $438 pp one way from PHX. Great price and much less than other booking sites. We booked as soon as the prices were released, though. It also may be time of year.

To the OP: If you can fly in the night before I would do it. Just MHO.

I booked my air through Air2Sea a couple of weeks ago for my Harmony Cruise..DFW to Barcelona. I have been watching the airfare since June and it has been going up since then. I finally pulled the trigger because I was afraid that the air would go up so much that I would be priced out of the cruise. We ended up paying almost the same per person for air that we are paying per person for the cruise. Air2Sea was over 400.00 pp less than what I could get through any of the other travel sights or directly through the airlines. Good Luck..I feel your pain!

TxStacey we also paid about $400 less per person than even the airlines website. The price has been either rising or staying the same higher price.

We will be getting off the day you embark! Will try and keep the ship neat for you!! LOL

The transfer from the airport to the ship should only take about 15 minutes, however you have to factor in waiting for bags and going through customs. The last time we landed in BCN, that process took about an hour. So I think you are cutting it very close.

I would make sure you have the ChoiceAir emergency number (direct number, not the 800 number) handy. If you do miss the ship, they will do what they can to get you to the next port.

What is that direct emergency number for ChoiceAir? We're using them for a flight in the fall. All I have is the 866 number... Thanks!

What is that direct emergency number for ChoiceAir? We're using them for a flight in the fall. All I have is the 866 number... Thanks!

From my ChoiceAir documents last October: 1.305.539.4107.

I don't know what cruise you are on or what airport you want to leave from. Just for kicks, I picked the Brilliance leaving out of Barcelona June 19. Cheapest flight, with decent times, I could find, leaves Ohare about 2:30pm and gets you into Barcelona at 8:50am the day of the cruise. It's $710 p.p. which seems a little pricey, but I'm sure it's a lot cheaper than booking through someone else.

I agree with the recommendation of going a day early, just in case. There's a lot to see and do in Barcelona and it will help you recover from jet lag and relieve some of the stress of missing your cruise.

TxStacey we also paid about $400 less per person than even the airlines website. The price has been either rising or staying the same higher price.

We will be getting off the day you embark! Will try and keep the ship neat for you!! LOL

Thanks Ken! I'm sure she will be in excellent shape at that point..only a couple months at sea by the time we get on. We cant wait as I'm sure you cant either!!

Thanks Ken! I'm sure she will be in excellent shape at that point..only a couple months at sea by the time we get on. We cant wait as I'm sure you cant either!!

I cannot believe that we are 138 days out after booking this in July last year, it seemed so far out! We are so excited to be on a new ship and to be going to Europe! :)

I don't know what cruise you are on or what airport you want to leave from. Just for kicks, I picked the Brilliance leaving out of Barcelona June 19. Cheapest flight, with decent times, I could find, leaves Ohare about 2:30pm and gets you into Barcelona at 8:50am the day of the cruise. It's $710 p.p. which seems a little pricey, but I'm sure it's a lot cheaper than booking through someone else.

I agree with the recommendation of going a day early, just in case. There's a lot to see and do in Barcelona and it will help you recover from jet lag and relieve some of the stress of missing your cruise.

Is that 710.00 a roundtrip price or one way? If R/T it's way cheap. If oneway, it's about what I am paying at the end of June.

We are paying about $1,040pp for our flights to and from BCN from JFK that leaves June 23. I thought that was a good fare when I booked, so glad I did because it would go up and not go down after that. Today it is over $1,600pp.

That is great. You never know if it will go up or down, do I just book when the price seems reasonable. Then the key is to not check the price anymore. For you it worked well and you are happy but if it had gone down you may have been disappointed.

I follow the airfare and book enough in advance where it very, very rarely goes down. I usually check mostly because thats how I know if they change the schedule or equipment so I have the seats I want. Do not want to get stuck with seats that they automatically give me and I don't care for the location, it happened once.

Did you try calling Air2Sea and asking them to check the rates? When I priced my air on the web site it was about the same as the airlines wanted (1800). When I called she ran it as two separate bookings (CLE-Tampa, then BCN to CLE) ... she came back with 561. I booked immediately.

Did you try calling Air2Sea and asking them to check the rates? When I priced my air on the web site it was about the same as the airlines wanted (1800). When I called she ran it as two separate bookings (CLE-Tampa, then BCN to CLE) ... she came back with 561. I booked immediately.

I think I remember you posting this on an earlier thread and it sure planted a seed in my brain to call next time! Too late this time and I don't even want to know what deal I could have gotten! But in the future you can bet I will call!