Least expensive time to cruise Disney

iluvcruises

I love cruising on Disney, and my kids are grown and gone, but when I can go on The Oasis of the Seas or the Allure of the Seas for $1800 total I do Royal. There is plenty for the entire family to do. I could go on Disney and pay more but even as a Florida resident I just can't justify the cost difference.

From what I've seen opening day pricing has been the best. Shoulder season is less expensive and repo cruises usually run less than a normal loop cruise.

Hi, do you know when Disney releases the cruise prices? Thanks

Hi, do you know when Disney releases the cruise prices? Thanks

Current speculation is summer 2017 in March, and the rest of the year in May. But DCL tends to release when they want to, not on a set schedule. And what they release may not be the full schedule.

Current speculation is summer 2017 in March, and the rest of the year in May. But DCL tends to release when they want to, not on a set schedule. And what they release may not be the full schedule.

Really thinking that they are going to delay it this year as long as possible to see how consumers react to the last round of increases. On our most recent B2B this month on the Magic, the future cruise desk was the least busy we have ever seen it, no lines.

On our post cruise survey, we had what we were pretty sure was a new question asking if we knew that they had a future bookings desk, asking if we had used it. One could read into that, that it isn't being used as much as in the past.

Thank you for the response! OP: this is a very informative post :)

I think you also need to consider weather and how far in advance you book.

We cruised in January 2013 and booked onboard for April 2014. After the onboard discount the two cruises were very similar in cost but the weather in April made the trip much more enjoyable. Our upcoming cruise (April) is costing about 15% more than the prior two-chalk that up to price increases. We will check the future bookings desk onboard but I am reaching the point where we may make other plans.

Our upcoming cruise (April) is costing about 15% more than the prior two-chalk that up to price increases. We will check the future bookings desk onboard but I am reaching the point where we may make other plans.

If you are only seeing a 15% increase, that's great. We've seen many DCL cruises double or more in price over the past 2 years.

And you sound like you are reaching the same point as many of us--trying to decide whether DCL is worth the price difference from other lines or the difference from a few years ago. We're definitely in the "wait and see" and "it will have to be one great deal" to get us back on board, and while saying that, we really like DCL!

• 4 weeks later...

I waiting to see the OCT 2017 for Disney. I am looking at taking my 3 year old on a cruise and have narrowed it down to Disney and RC. He really like Mickey Mouse and I want him to have that experience, but RC has some great prices for a family of 3. Im am asking if it is work the money to spend on a Disney cruise or go cheaper on RC allure of the seas? :confused::confused:

I waiting to see the OCT 2017 for Disney. I am looking at taking my 3 year old on a cruise and have narrowed it down to Disney and RC. He really like Mickey Mouse and I want him to have that experience, but RC has some great prices for a family of 3. Im am asking if it is work the money to spend on a Disney cruise or go cheaper on RC allure of the seas? :confused::confused:

Honestly, at age 3 you have several more years to enjoy the characters, etc. I'd be really tempted to try a less costly line at this age and see what happens with DCL prices over the next year or two. I'm hearing from my TA that bookings are down and lots of people are complaining about costs. If they aren't filling ships at the current prices (before offering CM, FL res, etc. discounts), they will likely lower the opening rates.

Honestly' date=' at age 3 you have several more years to enjoy the characters, etc. I'd be really tempted to try a less costly line at this age and see what happens with DCL prices over the next year or two. I'm hearing from my TA that bookings are down and lots of people are complaining about costs. If they aren't filling ships at the current prices (before offering CM, FL res, etc. discounts), they will likely lower the opening rates.[/quote']

Thanks so much for the advice. This will be his first time cursing and I just want to make sure he enjoy it. Ill check the prices when they roll them out for Oct 2017 and if it is too high then we will settle for Allure of the seas.

• 1 month later...
Thanks so much for the advice. This will be his first time cursing and I just want to make sure he enjoy it. Ill check the prices when they roll them out for Oct 2017 and if it is too high then we will settle for Allure of the seas.

Great thread, really enjoying the input.

To Cruzin Phillis. We have cruised twice with our granddaughter who will be six on our upcoming Disney cruise. First time was on Carnival, second time Celebrity. She has loved both.

Here's my fear about doing Disney: It's gonna set the bar really high.

She enjoyed Carnival but felt it was too noisy, which might be something it'll share with Disney. She liked Celebrity. Will Disney blow us out of the water in terms of future pint-sized expectations?

Frankly, I'm glad we didn't start her out on Disney for that reason alone. :)

Y

Great thread, really enjoying the input.

To Cruzin Phillis. We have cruised twice with our granddaughter who will be six on our upcoming Disney cruise. First time was on Carnival, second time Celebrity. She has loved both.

Here's my fear about doing Disney: It's gonna set the bar really high.

She enjoyed Carnival but felt it was too noisy, which might be something it'll share with Disney. She liked Celebrity. Will Disney blow us out of the water in terms of future pint-sized expectations?

Frankly, I'm glad we didn't start her out on Disney for that reason alone. :)

Disney is noisy. Some cruises it seems like there are more kids then adults. The kids clubs are packed. If your looking for a quiet cruise dcl is not it. I would go into it with realistic expectations.

Edited by sm3ds

Y

Disney is noisy. Some cruises it seems like there are more kids then adults. The kids clubs are packed. If your looking for a quiet cruise dcl is not it. I would go into it with realistic expectations.

Oh yeah, we get that Disney will be packed with overexcited kids (and grownups) and therefore noisy. It won't be a deal breaker for her.