Onboard Marina

We spent six days in NY pre-cruise and on May 7 boarded the Marina. This cruise is NY to Montreal. It is our first Oceania cruise. We previously cruised with Regent and Silversea. We are enjoying this cruise very much. I organized a Cruise Critic Meet and Greet which was held on the first day after the muster drill. We had 50 people in attendance. It was really great to meet everyone.

By meeting so many people on CC prior to the cruise we were able to organize small group private excursions and never had to book one excursion with Oceania, all of which seem very overpriced. We are currently cruising on the Saint Lawrence River (our one day at sea) and tomorrow will be in Saguenay, followed by Quebec and then Montreal.

We have eaten in all speciality restaurants and all are excellent. The food is really good and the service is outstanding. We went to a couple of shows that were also pretty good.

We booked a Penthouse Suite and it is lovely and we have a very nice butler who can't do enough for us. We have another Oceania cruise booked for February, 2016. Our travel agent gives us a 12% discount.

If anyone has questions let me know.

We booked a Penthouse Suite and it is lovely and we have a very nice butler who can't do enough for us. We have another Oceania cruise booked for February, 2016. Our travel agent gives us a 12% discount.

If anyone has questions let me know.

Yes, who is your travel agent? laughing....don't answer, you will end up in trouble :D

With all the free internet, I would hope to hear more live reports

We were out walking in old port Montreal, and I heard a ship horn, then I saw Marina being herded to the dock. We join her tomorrow and she looks just like she did last year when we were on the N Atlantic run from NY to SOU. This is almost live and if I knew how to add the pic I took, I would!

Hi Carol. I think you're cruising with me in late September on another line. I had to stop reading the posts in the section for that cruise line as they made me mad, so I came over here for a bit and found your post. I'm glad you're enjoying Oceania so much. We started on one of their small ships in 2004 or 5 and have been hooked ever since (small and bigger ships, it's a toss-up as to my favorite, but probably the smaller ones now that they've added the grill on the Terrace). The line has just gotten better and better every year. We cruise in inside cabins most of the time and feel like we're being treated like royalty. By the way, if they have a show second to last night of the cruise that promises "special guests," be sure to go, even if you don't go to many of the shows. That's one show I never miss.

If you see my husband on the other line in September, please don't tell him you took this particular cruise. He really wants to go to Canada in the fall and I keep finding other cruises instead. So now it looks like Neil is banned from talking to my husband about golf in Ireland and you're banned from talking to him about Canada. (Just kidding of course.)

Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

Edited by roothy123

We were out walking in old port Montreal, and I heard a ship horn, then I saw Marina being herded to the dock. We join her tomorrow and she looks just like she did last year when we were on the N Atlantic run from NY to SOU. This is almost live and if I knew how to add the pic I took, I would!

"Herded to the dock" - I like that! Were tugs involved?

To add a picture, just hit "Go Advanced," then "Manage Attachments," "Choose File" and once your photo is listed, "Upload" - if it's too big you need to compress or resize it.

Edited by roothy123

As just having disembarked yesterday, I did not have a chance to post, but I want to thank you, Carol for your Roll Call Meet and Greet organizing and tour information.

We felt the Marina was in top form - food, service and ambiance was just perfect. We will sail on her again next year if I can wait that long.

tXfM6p4nF_GPKW28s_l7CvJ4CMk_hjZy09kaxaveuO0=w368-h207-p-no

Here she is at the Old port on Sunday afternoon.