Just off the Regal

Hello,

We had such a great time on our two week trip to the Baltics. Below is a list of what we did at each port. It was truly an incredible experience that my family will cherish.

Copenhagen – Bike with Mike tour was great

Oslo – Rick Steve’s self-guided walk /very easy port to do on your own

Berlin – Private tour with Robert Sommer who was an incredible guide that made our day in Berlin memorable.

Tallinn – Rick Steve’s self-guided walk / very easy port to do on your own

St Petersburg – Anastasia Tours / Our guide, Anna was terrific and made our two days in St Petersburg very special.

Helsinki – Rick Steve’s self-guided walk / very easy port to do on your own

Stockholm – walked around Gamla Stan and then took a kayak tour with Stockholm Adventures

Hello,

We had such a great time on our two week trip to the Baltics. Below is a list of what we did at each port. It was truly an incredible experience that my family will cherish.

Copenhagen – Bike with Mike tour was great

Oslo – Rick Steve’s self-guided walk /very easy port to do on your own

Berlin – Private tour with Robert Sommer who was an incredible guide that made our day in Berlin memorable.

Tallinn – Rick Steve’s self-guided walk / very easy port to do on your own

St Petersburg – Anastasia Tours / Our guide, Anna was terrific and made our two days in St Petersburg very special.

Helsinki – Rick Steve’s self-guided walk / very easy port to do on your own

Stockholm – walked around Gamla Stan and then took a kayak tour with Stockholm Adventures

We have Rick Steve's book and plan on using it both in Oslo and Tallinn. Did you follow it exactly for the walking tours and how long did it take you? Was there enough time for a meal and some shopping?

Could you please give some additional info re: Berlin tour. How did you get from the ship to Berlin? Where did you meet? Were there any issues getting back to the ship on time?

Our guide Robert arranged for a driver to pick us up at the port and drive us into Berlin which took about 2.5 hours. Once in Berlin we went to the Olympic Stadium which is where Robert jumped into the van. We spent the entire day going around jumping in and out of the van enjoying the many sites that we wanted to visit. At 5:00 we dropped Robert off at the train station and we than were driven back to the port which took the full 3 hours due to traffic.

We have Rick Steve's book and plan on using it both in Oslo and Tallinn. Did you follow it exactly for the walking tours and how long did it take you? Was there enough time for a meal and some shopping?

For the most part we followed Rick's walking tour. We walked at a leisurely pace and stopped at many shops and found great places for a meal or snack. We never felt rushed and truly enjoyed our time in Oslo and Tallinn.

• 2 weeks later...
For the most part we followed Rick's walking tour. We walked at a leisurely pace and stopped at many shops and found great places for a meal or snack. We never felt rushed and truly enjoyed our time in Oslo and Tallinn.

Thanks for the reply. The pace sounds about right and I'm sure we will be stopping at the shops and looking for a place to eat some local specialties.

Tallinn may be just about the easiest city you will ever tour oyo. You walk off the dock and are almost in the old town. A tour book helps to give you a flow and some detail about the buildings and sites but a lot is just visiting the walls and seeing the town. Plenty of time to grab a meal as well as shop.

Oslo is also fun on your own and quite compact as world capitals go. Consider the Oslo pass if you plan on seeing a number of museums as it also covers transit and the boat trip to Bygdoy. That is where the Viking ships, folks museum, fram and Kon tiki museums are all located. You can also take the tram or metro to the Vigeland sculpture park. If time permits the city hall and the Nobel peace museum are also worth a peak.

I will be on the Regal princess in late August. Can you tell me if the Regal still docked in Nynashnm (for Stockholm)? I heard that it could also dock closer to Stockholm at least this was the case last year. I'm trying to decide if we should book a private cruise or not so we don't worry about transportation to the city.

Many thanks!

I will be on the Regal princess in late August. Can you tell me if the Regal still docked in Nynashnm (for Stockholm)? I heard that it could also dock closer to Stockholm at least this was the case last year. I'm trying to decide if we should book a private cruise or not so we don't worry about transportation to the city.

Many thanks!

Regal visited Stockholm, last week (23rd), on her next visit on Monday she will be berthing at Nynäshamn but then on the next two visits after that she will be berthing at

Stadsgården in central Stockholm, however for her four last visits this season (2 in August and 2 in September) she will berth in Nynäshamn.

Edited by Desdichado62

• 2 weeks later...
Regal visited Stockholm, last week (23rd), on her next visit on Monday she will be berthing at Nynäshamn but then on the next two visits after that she will be berthing at

Stadsgården in central Stockholm, however for her four last visits this season (2 in August and 2 in September) she will berth in Nynäshamn.

Thanks for posting this. It has been a question for quite a while as to where the Regal would berth. In some respects, we are glad that she will be berthed at Nynashamn rather than central Stockholm. It gives us more time in that port, but we don't get the voyage through the archipelago.

• 2 weeks later...
Our guide Robert arranged for a driver to pick us up at the port and drive us into Berlin which took about 2.5 hours. Once in Berlin we went to the Olympic Stadium which is where Robert jumped into the van. We spent the entire day going around jumping in and out of the van enjoying the many sites that we wanted to visit. At 5:00 we dropped Robert off at the train station and we than were driven back to the port which took the full 3 hours due to traffic.

May I ask how you coordinated your tour with Robert? I have researched a number of guides and he seems fantastic but the one e-mail address I found for him bounced back? Thanks so much for the feedback on the excursions - we are looking forward to summer 2017!