Meet and Greet Crew Invites

dogdoc2002

I'm setting up a Meet and Greet on our upcoming Coral Cruise- got the contact info for the person on the Coral to set this up. The last Meet and Greet we did, several of the officers stopped by and talked with us. I inquired about that when I made the initial contact, but was told 'that as far as the crew is concerned, it is done based on their ability to attend and there needs to be a formal invite. Princess Cruises does not provide invites nor the names of crew. Once onboard, the customer relations manager can help with delivery of invites'

So... How does one go about inviting various officers without names to invite? Or is this person mis-speaking (it's someone filling in for the regular contact)

Thanks,

dogdoc2002

You can get the names of key positions as soon as you board the ship. Write out an invitation stating the date and time of the meet and greet. The info in your room will have the names--prior to that, you can have them prepared all except for the names.

Dear BLANK

I'd like to invite you to joins us at the Cruise Critic Meet and greet on (date) at (time) in the (whatever lounge)

Sincerely,

Mary Jones, coordinator

After boarding, fill in the name blank and write the names on the envelope. Take the envelopes to Passenger Services--they will handle the delivery.

I'm setting up a Meet and Greet on our upcoming Coral Cruise- got the contact info for the person on the Coral to set this up. The last Meet and Greet we did, several of the officers stopped by and talked with us. I inquired about that when I made the initial contact, but was told 'that as far as the crew is concerned, it is done based on their ability to attend and there needs to be a formal invite. Princess Cruises does not provide invites nor the names of crew. Once onboard, the customer relations manager can help with delivery of invites'

So... How does one go about inviting various officers without names to invite? Or is this person mis-speaking (it's someone filling in for the regular contact)

Thanks,

dogdoc2002

Leave the invites blank until boarding....once onboard the embarkation day patter has a list of key senior officers on the front.

Fill them in and give them to the customer services mgr at passenger services desk.

If I see one of the senior officers walking around I may ask he/she if they would take them. ;)

The patter will be in your cabin and available at the passenger services desk.

FYI I have been told a few times that its best to hold the M&G around noon as there are senior management meetings in the early afternoon which could preclude many of them from attending.

dogdoc, there is two ways I do it. Bring nameless invitation on boarding day and go to the Customer Service Desk and get the Embark/Welcome On Board Patter which list all your ships officers except the Captain Circle Host and the Future Cruise Consultant. The Customer Service staff will give those to you and then they will get them to each Departments mail boxes after you write in their names. My second way is to lurk on the cruise before mine and read their Roll Call Posting and ask the one in charge of their Meet & Greet or somebody I already know if they would please email me those Officers names and they may photo their Embark Patter and email it. I've got it both ways. I'll have the invites printed out before boarding. On our May 21st Alaska Cruise, we had 9 Ship's Officers attend.

dogdoc, on our Hawaiian Cruises, I will do two Meet & Greets. On the second one, I do a Hawaiian Novelty Gift Exchange after we leave the islands, heading home. So I will also invite the Hawaiian Ambassadors to the two Meet & Greets. Both attending and participating in our gift exchange. We have a BLAST!!!:D

Am I the only one who feels sorry for the crew that is dragged to these meet and greets. Their duties are full and then get dragged to these events. I feel sorry for them

It is definately a duty assignment.

Like at the repeater's party, when there are folks from the pursers

desk. They are commanded which party to attend.

Am I the only one who feels sorry for the crew that is dragged to these meet and greets. Their duties are full and then get dragged to these events. I feel sorry for them

It is a break from their normal routines.

None of them are forced to attend just because they received an invitation.

If they show up, it is because they want to.

• 1 month later...
Here is a sample of the invitation I use for Meet & Greets. I print it on 4x6 photo paper and use envelopes for 4x6 photos (Amazon). Also sample of name tags to print on Avery 5147 Name Tags. Actual files are too large for forum.

Tom

Where did you get the CruiseCritic letterhead for the invites? I can't find it on the website

Thanks,

dogdoc2002

I arranged a M&G for I cruise I was on recently. I made up invitations, non-specific, and took them to the Service Desk on the afternoon we boarded and asked them if they could put one in each Senior Officer's mailbox. The Captain, Maitre D and a few other officers turned up and gave short talks on their areas of control and anything in particular we should know. By arranging it through Princess we got a private bar, pay for your own drinks, and some finger food.

I just used a CC image downloaded from this website for the letterhead.

Edited by linanles

I arranged a M&G for I cruise I was on recently. I made up invitations, non-specific, and took them to the Service Desk on the afternoon we boarded and asked them if they could put one in each Senior Officer's mailbox. The Captain, Maitre D and a few other officers turned up and gave short talks on their areas of control and anything in particular we should know. By arranging it through Princess we got a private bar, pay for your own drinks, and some finger food.

I just used a CC image downloaded from this website for the letterhead.

Thanks. I thought they had a downloadable letterhead like they used to with the door signs. It let me copy and paste the image into the letter.

dogdoc2002

The attached files will be useful for organizers of M&G. Noticed however that for the door sign, print has " Meet & Mingle". Meet & Greet for Princess.

Thanks for sharing.

A good application for modifying graphics is Gimp. It does everything Photoshop does but it is free.

You may have to convert the pdf file to a graphic image first e.g. jpg to modify it and change Mingle to Greet.

A good website for converting files is Zamzar.

http://www.zamzar.com/convert/pdf-to-jpg/

• 10 months later...
The attached files will be useful for organizers of M&G. Noticed however that for the door sign, print has " Meet & Mingle". Meet & Greet for Princess.

Thanks for sharing.

=========================================================================================

This is actually the other way around. Princess uses Meet & Mingle, all others use Meet & Greet!

• Like 1

Thanks,

dogdoc2002

I've done many M&G & have templates that I use. If you email me at trbarton743 at aol dot com & put templates in the subject line I'll send you what I have.

Since Princess no longer provides the names of the officers here's what I have done. I go onto the Roll Call of the cruise prior to mine & have found someone that has offered to send me a copy of the first day Patter that shows all of the officers. Then I use those names for my invites.

Tom😎

I've done many M&G & have templates that I use. If you email me at trbarton743 at aol dot com & put templates in the subject line I'll send you what I have.

Since Princess no longer provides the names of the officers here's what I have done. I go onto the Roll Call of the cruise prior to mine & have found someone that has offered to send me a copy of the first day Patter that shows all of the officers. Then I use those names for my invites.

Tom😎

The OP already sailed on their Coral Princess cruise in July 2016. ;)

=========================================================================================

This is actually the other way around. Princess uses Meet & Mingle, all others use Meet & Greet!

All of the Princess cruises & meetings that I have been on & organized were Meet & Greets.

Has this been changed? I'm currently organizing 2 meetings all called "Meet & Greet.

Tom🤔

The OP already sailed on their Coral Princess cruise in July 2016. ;)

Thanks...FYI...My post generated interest from another CC member for my templates so I'm glad that my work can help someone else.

Tom😎

Never attended, nor seen, any Meet & Mingle gatherings on Princess. Only Meet & Greet!