Oriana Tour with Photographs

I did a ship tour on Oriana at the weekend. It was a very enjoyable day with a good tour guide and a friendly group of thirteen. Many of our group were new to cruising. The lunch in the Oriental restaurant was excellent too.

On the whole I very much liked the look of Oriana. A very elegant ship. She seemed less grand and some rooms noticeably smaller compared to Aurora. I even managed too see the cabin I have booked for 2018.

The only thing that I did not like was the green wall. Who thought five decks of plastic plants was a good idea. Surely the designers could have done something better.

I would definitely do another ship tour.

Best wishes, Stephen.

0989fd7e286629073621c053825b6138.jpgf336ed340dd184b22285c603f28295dc.jpgf97b7f0c0cda778e6fdb364f5665d56e.jpgf86b44db44dea866715a2cd514a494e9.jpg25936dd2b93bcda7a21a3e2212c33e67.jpgeacdd05178d2879e10c785dbbb35231a.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you for posting the pictures. She's had a refurb since we were on her last so it's good to see how she looks now. I do agree with you about the plants :o but like the look of the rest of the decor. We like the Oriana very much - just the right size for us - enough space without being too big. Hopefully not too long before we can see for ourselves.

We've been on Oriana only once and haven't seen her post re-fit. So another thanks from me, we would like to cruise on her again soon.

The ship visits are a great day out, aren't they? We went on a Britannia one last year and the cost more than covers the wonderful lunch you get alone [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I absolutely agree with you about the tacky plants in the Atrium. The gentle waterfall that was there before was really classy. Not sure how they are going to keep all that faux-foliage dust-free!

Oriana is my favourite ship and the latest refurb is largely positive. I would have preferred more classically-styled furniture in Anderson's but what they have put in is nice, good quality and comfortable. The new-style Conservatory buffet has lost some of its charm but looks good and is much more practical, with more seats than before.

I was in that cabin several years ago. Nice cabin in excellent location. Sadly I had to be moved as there was a problem with the plumbing that meant there was no cold water in the cabin. Not very clever when all the water outlets are mixers... I am sure that will have been fixed a long time ago though!

Great pictures, came off Oriana Sunday, fantastic 4 night break and i do have to agree with you on the plastic plants (not the best idea) we were on the ship last summer and thought the fit out has made a great difference and freshened the whole ship.

Staff, food, service and entertainment all excellent.

We would definately sail on Oriana again.

Thank you so much Stephen for sharing your great photos!

We are seasoned cruisers but have never cruised P&O.

Our first will be on the Oriana in Jan 2018! Very much looking forward to it :-)

Aileen

She is my favourite too, Andersons looks a lot better. The chairs they had in there were totally shot, you could feel the springs! Shame about the plastic plants :-( Are the cabins any different? They look exactly the same. New carpets I think. Can't wait for 20th September!

That's right Stephen. Carpets, curtains and bedding all new and sofa recovered. Also, all the cabinetry has been restored to remove scratches and dents etc. Of course, your cabin was one of the newer ones added when the ship went Adult only.

Jean - Tiffany's is also as lovely as ever don't you think? Great place to meet friends and listen to a good pianist :).

Edited by Britboys
typo

We have cruised on Oriana many times. I have not been on since the re-fit but we cruise on her in November. I keep hoping that the hideous foliage will be replaced soon. I cannot understand why anyone thought that was an improvement on the glass fountain (even though it has been out of operation). Also I understand that the hot stone beds have been removed - why?

That's right Stephen. Carpets, curtains and bedding all new and sofa recovered. Also, all the cabinetry has been restored to remove scratches and dents etc. Of course, your cabin was one of the newer ones added when the ship went Adult only.

Jean - Tiffany's is also as lovely as ever don't you think? Great place to meet friends and listen to a good pianist :).

Yes Andrew, any chance we will see you on 20th September? xx