Dinner reservations for 1?

You really don't need to make reservations for the venues that are included in your fare. There's no such thing as a table for one--they seat you at a two-top. I make reservations only for the specialty restaurants before sailing and just show up at the included venues.

BTW, they don't open all availability for pre-booking. I've read it's only about 30% that's available to book beforehand, so booking once on board shouldn't be an issue.

If your only choice is for two at a specialty just book it anyway. They will know when you go that it is just for you. I did that with all of my dinners on the Gem and it was fine. You can go to the reservation desk and cancel the extra one if you want to make sure they can use the seat at Teppanyaki if that is one of your choices.

If you make a reservation for 2 won't they block off 2 of your meals. I have the 4 meal package but I'm traveling alone so I want to make four 1 person reservations.

If you make a reservation for 2 won't they block off 2 of your meals. I have the 4 meal package but I'm traveling alone so I want to make four 1 person reservations.

No. I travel solo and haven't had that happen. It's counted it as only one. The only place I had to make a reservation for two was at Teppenyaki. I changed it once I got on the ship.

No. The packages can't be shared, so even if you were making the reservation for 4 people, you could only use your own package for yourself, and the others would have to take care of themselves by settling up at the restaurant. Therefore, you are only using one of your meals per booking regardless of whether you are booking for 1 or 3, 4, 8, etc.

If you booked for 2 and they used 2 of your credits, it would be as if you were buying a meal for someone else with your package. Since that isn't allowed, it doesn't happen that way when booking.

Edited by LrgPizza

I was able to book Specialty restaurants just for one person on My NCL for Epic. For MDR minimum seems to be 2 persons, but I guess it doesn't matter since it is complimentary anyway.

I just got back from the Jade crossing. I had 6 dinners for my perk. Ate 4 times at Cagney's and twice at La Cuchina since those are my favorite restaurants. Dined solo every time with no problem. Made 4 bookings a week into the cruise and for the other two nights, I just showed up at Cagney's and got seated right away.

I wouldn't stress about it for the MDR. As a solo traveler they can seat you at tables for 2 or 4 persons so there should be no wait the majority of times. Otherwise you get a pager and can have a drink while waiting.

Specialty restaurants can be booked online for 1 person but when I tried it less times were available than if you booked it for 2. What I often do for those is just wait for embarkation day and around noon they will switch the iconcierge system to the next sailing and you can book your dining reservations while sitting in the waiting area and using OBC if available. Not sure if iconcierge will let you do MDR reservations for 1.