Proposing/Castaway Cay cabana massages

Looking to get a woman's perspective on proposing on castaway cay and also any good ideas for this? Not in front of a bunch of people as she's shy but maybe in a secluded place on the island

Googled this but cannot find any pictures of proposals on the island and I was really wanting to if the time seemed right (cruise is still 500+ days out)

Was thinking about doing the couples massage in a private cabana on castaway cay then walking down a quieter part of the beach to pop the question but any opinions/improvements/ideas would be much appreciated!!

I have never been in the island but I did propose to my fiance at Disney. Have you looked at maybe doing it with a character. I know it would not be private as there would be others their waiting but having the moment captured on film was what she always wanted. Hopefully some others will chime in with some out of the places for you to consider as well. Keep the planning up and don't let your plan slip out early.

First, advance congrats...

Second, there are several locations on CC that might work depending on your fitness level (my choice would be out in the water, but don't drop the ring!).

This is one where I so would involve the cruise director's staff. They will love helping out on things like this and will be able to make many suggestions as to what has worked before, etc, and can arrange for things like champagne, characters, etc...

All depends on what you want to do and your personal style...

Looking to get a woman's perspective on proposing on castaway cay and also any good ideas for this? Not in front of a bunch of people as she's shy but maybe in a secluded place on the island

Googled this but cannot find any pictures of proposals on the island and I was really wanting to if the time seemed right (cruise is still 500+ days out)

Was thinking about doing the couples massage in a private cabana on castaway cay then walking down a quieter part of the beach to pop the question but any opinions/improvements/ideas would be much appreciated!!

Sounds nice, but ...

Have a backup plan in case the ship can't dock at CC that day (happens). e.g.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2169122

Edited by AdoraBelle

First, advance congrats...

Second, there are several locations on CC that might work depending on your fitness level (my choice would be out in the water, but don't drop the ring!).

This is one where I so would involve the cruise director's staff. They will love helping out on things like this and will be able to make many suggestions as to what has worked before, etc, and can arrange for things like champagne, characters, etc...

All depends on what you want to do and your personal style...

OP, be aware that having Characters attend does have a price. A hefty one!

I just called DCL they told me that it's $530.00 for half hour private character meet and greet and your character choice is on request..

Has anyone ever done this is, it worth it.........

ex techie

Suggestion--schedule Palo that night. If everything works out on the island' date=' the dinner is a celebration. If you can't dock or there are other issues, Palo is the perfect place for a proposal.[/quote']

Brilliant thinking!

We got engaged in Disney while meeting Mickey. It was the most magical moment. I'm shy too but being there in the moment you don't even realize there are ppl around. You could do it during one of the meet and greets

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It has been my direct personal experience that, in certain cases and when it works with the schedule, the CD has quite a bit of discretion in any charges (I was involved with one on CC where it was arranged by the staff to work with a fur character coming back from a scheduled signing - there was no charge from the ship). I was suggesting asking the CD staff and letting them see what they can do.

If you request a specific character and time, there may indeed be a charge, that I had not considered.

Oh, and I completely agree with Palo idea (and again, feel free to engage your server to assist if necessary)

OP, be aware that having Characters attend does have a price. A hefty one!

ex techie

Correct--character "special appointments" where you have a character to yourself at the time and place chosen are charged--and it is a HUGE charge.

However, working with the staff, you can arrange a brief (5 min or less) character time either at the beginning or the end of a "meet and greet" session without a charge. We had such an event when we were told that "Mickey will be here at X time. Be here 10 minutes before that and we'll make it happen." We spoke to the head of entertainment, but the CD can also make it happen. You won't be able to do such a thing thru a character handler. And honestly, if they start to get a ton of these requests, they won't happen at all any more.

Personally I would go on ship. The cabanas etc at they cay are nice, but I don't recall any special spa like setup, so they probably bring in portable tables, etc. Nice, but not a spa experience..

The cabanas are right behind the beach chairs in the adult area, but not really private nor sound isolated (unless they are doing them somewhere else now)

Thanks everyone. Really appreciate the replies.

Can anyone comment on the massages on castaway cay? We saw one review saying it wasn't quiet at all and if this is the case I'd consider having the massage in the spa on the ship (Disney wonder) just for the peace and quiet

Thanks everyone. Really appreciate the replies.

Can anyone comment on the massages on castaway cay? We saw one review saying it wasn't quiet at all and if this is the case I'd consider having the massage in the spa on the ship (Disney wonder) just for the peace and quiet

I had a massage on CC. It was pretty quiet & secluded, but you definitely heard sounds of nature.

When you get off the tram to Serenity Bay, there is a green check-in hut to your right. The massage cabanas are on a path further right. They are large enough to hold two massage table and have a sink counter. There is a roof with ceiling fan also. The windows are open (no glass). As you enter, you are looking directly at the water - as the doors/window opens to a deck like area. The "sales" table of massage merchandise is set up there.

Although we heard sounds of nature, including people, the sounds were very low-key. We could not make out any conversation and did not see anyone walking on the beach in front of the cabana. I did not check to see if the beach area in front of the massage cabanas are roped off, but I would guess that they are based on our experience.

They do leave you alone for a few minutes to get dress & the massage therapist return with water and "recommendations." This would be a great time to pull out the ring. I would suggest that you let the staff know in advance if you plan to propose & strictly request no sales to not risk ruining the moment.

Congratulations & Best Wishes!

Personally I would go on ship. The cabanas etc at they cay are nice, but I don't recall any special spa like setup, so they probably bring in portable tables, etc. Nice, but not a spa experience..

The cabanas are right behind the beach chairs in the adult area, but not really private nor sound isolated (unless they are doing them somewhere else now)

The cabanas are DEFINITELY not private. I've had the misfortune of being on the beach in chairs that are located in front of the cabanas (on SB the cabanas don't have their own beach) where some people had the idea they were more "private" than they actually are, if you know what I mean. NOT what I want to hear on a relaxing beach day.

The cabanas are DEFINITELY not private. I've had the misfortune of being on the beach in chairs that are located in front of the cabanas (on SB the cabanas don't have their own beach) where some people had the idea they were more "private" than they actually are, if you know what I mean. NOT what I want to hear on a relaxing beach day.

I think you're confusing the cabanas that can be rented with the massage cabanas. I cannot see what you're suggesting happening in the massage cabanas, since you are only alone for a few minutes to disrobe before and get dressed after.

I think you're confusing the cabanas that can be rented with the massage cabanas. I cannot see what you're suggesting happening in the massage cabanas, since you are only alone for a few minutes to disrobe before and get dressed after.

Gotcha. Given the description that made it sound like portable tables it seemed like they were the same.

And I'm not "suggesting" it. Two out of three times I've had to move chairs to avoid people who thought they were more private than they were. As did others who had selected chairs close to where I had.

Okay, I didn't notice those (which is a plus). That makes them far more practical, but I still think I would do it on ship.

I had a massage on CC. It was pretty quiet & secluded, but you definitely heard sounds of nature.

When you get off the tram to Serenity Bay, there is a green check-in hut to your right. The massage cabanas are on a path further right. They are large enough to hold two massage table and have a sink counter. There is a roof with ceiling fan also. The windows are open (no glass). As you enter, you are looking directly at the water - as the doors/window opens to a deck like area. The "sales" table of massage merchandise is set up there.

Although we heard sounds of nature, including people, the sounds were very low-key. We could not make out any conversation and did not see anyone walking on the beach in front of the cabana. I did not check to see if the beach area in front of the massage cabanas are roped off, but I would guess that they are based on our experience.

They do leave you alone for a few minutes to get dress & the massage therapist return with water and "recommendations." This would be a great time to pull out the ring. I would suggest that you let the staff know in advance if you plan to propose & strictly request no sales to not risk ruining the moment.

Congratulations & Best Wishes!

Gotcha. Given the description that made it sound like portable tables it seemed like they were the same.

And I'm not "suggesting" it. Two out of three times I've had to move chairs to avoid people who thought they were more private than they were. As did others who had selected chairs close to where I had.

Poor choice of words. I didn't mean to imply you were imagining it. I have no doubt those things happen, just like I have no doubt about veranda shenanigans.