Azura - Films on the Sea Screen

The Wilkies

Just out of curiosity, do they show films every night or are there times when it is quiet? Do they use the screen in the day time?

A number of years ago the Royal Princess docked alongside us on the Celebrity Silhouette and it has a huge screen. I hate it with a passion as it really disturbed our peace and quiet on the other ship.

Just wondering how P&O use their screens.

IIRC from our cruise a couple of years ago films were shown most nights and during the daytime. Because there were fewer people around at night and less ambient noise generally the Seascreen was not as loud as during the day.

They showed child-friendly films during the day, I think about 2 or 3 pm, but this was during a school summer holiday cruise.

IIRC from our cruise a couple of years ago films were shown most nights and during the daytime. Because there were fewer people around at night and less ambient noise generally the Seascreen was not as loud as during the day.

They showed child-friendly films during the day, I think about 2 or 3 pm, but this was during a school summer holiday cruise.

Thanks - I think we'll avoid this one :)

Thanks - I think we'll avoid this one :)

It's easy to avoid - the only time we had the weather to watch the sea screen was last year in the Canaries - it was either too noisy for me to read or the one time there was a film I wanted to watch I couldn't get a seat near enough!!

So - we went up on the sun deck where it was nice and peaceful and plenty of sun loungers! We did see a film in the theatre once which was lovely as I'd really had enough sun for one day and it was lovely and cool in there! :) Think it's used more in the evening in the Caribbean .

On our Greek cruise a couple of weeks ago, they showed 3 films on sea days, less on other days, a couple of times it was 4 when they put on a late night showing. They repeat the same films at different times on different days. Plenty of blankets were provided in which to wrap yourself. The screen is over the middle pool.

I must admit we love the sea screen or MUTS as it is called on Princess. We have seen loads of films, e.g. Eddie the Eagle, Jack Reacher, Everest and they all look great on the big screen. During the World Cup, matches were shown and the upper decks of the Emerald Princess were full with a real party atmosphere. It was great. :)

Me, I'm a MUTS fan. In June watched Star Wars at 10.30 pm in the Artic Circle. Four layers of clothes, hat and gloves + 2 blankets whilst wearing sunglasses. Amazing experience watching the sun go down and rise again immediately.

Hope something good on our cruise in 2 weeks.

Sorry, I just don't get it. We love to walk around the decks at night when it is lovely and quiet and watch the stars and hear the sea.

MUTS would be our idea of a cruise Hell, but each to their own. We'll just avoid and not book it and moan about it after :);)

It's easy to avoid - the only time we had the weather to watch the sea screen was last year in the Canaries - it was either too noisy for me to read or the one time there was a film I wanted to watch I couldn't get a seat near enough!!

So - we went up on the sun deck where it was nice and peaceful and plenty of sun loungers! We did see a film in the theatre once which was lovely as I'd really had enough sun for one day and it was lovely and cool in there! :) Think it's used more in the evening in the Caribbean .

Hi, is it easy to avoid in school holidays and is there plenty of space in other areas then do you know?

Just my idea of Holiday Hell .....

Me, I'm a MUTS fan. In June watched Star Wars at 10.30 pm in the Artic Circle. Four layers of clothes, hat and gloves + 2 blankets whilst wearing sunglasses. Amazing experience watching the sun go down and rise again immediately.

Hope something good on our cruise in 2 weeks.

Love it! I know exactly what you mean.:)

Sorry, I just don't get it. We love to walk around the decks at night when it is lovely and quiet and watch the stars and hear the sea.

MUTS would be our idea of a cruise Hell, but each to their own. We'll just avoid and not book it and moan about it after :);)

You have hit the nail on the head. Without MUTS or sea screen the upper decks are bare and the bars empty because there is nothing to do. With the screen you get far more people on deck, it is a great atmosphere and the popcorn, pizza and blankets make it very comfortable. Idle waiters are also usefully employed :):)

You have hit the nail on the head. Without MUTS or sea screen the upper decks are bare and the bars empty because there is nothing to do. With the screen you get far more people on deck, it is a great atmosphere and the popcorn, pizza and blankets make it very comfortable. Idle waiters are also usefully employed :):)

See what you mean ---- we'll not go for it, but happy cruising to everyone who likes it :-)

I suppose we don't worry re the night but during the day .... NOOOOOO .. please ... NOOOOOOOOOOOO

Hi, is it easy to avoid in school holidays and is there plenty of space in other areas then do you know?

Just my idea of Holiday Hell .....

Hi, sorry I haven't been in school holidays so couldn't really say but this was a June cruise on Azura and we found plenty of spaces up high and on the aft decks which were nice and quiet. Round the pool was busy even in early June.

On our trip to Iceland on Azura in June we had a cabin on Lido deck, so passed daily through the Sea Screen on our way to and from the room. It was never a nuisance to us, nor did it ever seem too loud or intrusive. However, this was Iceland and Scotland, so only a few brave souls were out there late at night.

It used to make us smile as seeing folk wrapped up head to toe in their blankets made us think of a nursing home where the residents had been wheeled outside for a bit of 'fresh air'! The pale blue blankets sitting in a pile on the trolley just added to the nursing home image.

Just our warped sense of humour :)

Edited by Scriv

Well even in the Caribbean every time we walked through in the evenings very few people seemed to be watching the films - and believe it or not they were often using the blankets! Perhaps the choice of films wasn't so good that season! It didn't bother me one-way or the other in the evenings but I did think it intrusive in the day time so avoided sitting anywhere in the vicinity. Not my idea of relaxing on deck - but each to their own. (We too watched a daytime film in the theatre - probably not the type of film suited to the ambience of the pool area hence the alternative venue.)

I am feeling very miffed: when we sailed on Azura and went to the sea screen at night there were very few blankets (OK it was Spain/Portugal in August but there was a chilly breeze at night) and definitely no popcorn or pizza!:eek: Or is that only on the American lines?

Not that many people, very little atmosphere and sadly, during our cruise, very poor screen and sound quality to the point it was virtually unwatchable - in fact we did give up on one film, even though it was one DH and I had really wanted to see. Hope if we sail on Azura again it will be better.

I am feeling very miffed: when we sailed on Azura and went to the sea screen at night there were very few blankets (OK it was Spain/Portugal in August but there was a chilly breeze at night) and definitely no popcorn or pizza!:eek: Or is that only on the American lines?

Not that many people, very little atmosphere and sadly, during our cruise, very poor screen and sound quality to the point it was virtually unwatchable - in fact we did give up on one film, even though it was one DH and I had really wanted to see. Hope if we sail on Azura again it will be better.

I'm sorry, perhaps I misled you a little bit. It was the Caribbean Princess not Azura, where we saw Jack Reacher, had popcorn and pizza, it was also the Emerald Princess in June this year that everyone was on deck at night watching the Euro 2016 games again with popcorn, pizza, blankets and waiter service. If you didn't want a drink from the bar they would gladly get you a tea or coffee. During the day they came round with milk and cookies. It's an acceptable and enjoyable part of Princess Cruises to have entertainment on the MUTS.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm sorry, perhaps I misled you a little bit. It was the Caribbean Princess not Azura, where we saw Jack Reacher, had popcorn and pizza, it was also the Emerald Princess in June this year that everyone was on deck at night watching the Euro 2016 games again with popcorn, pizza, blankets and waiter service. If you didn't want a drink from the bar they would gladly get you a tea or coffee. During the day they came round with milk and cookies. It's an acceptable and enjoyable part of Princess Cruises to have entertainment on the MUTS.

We had a lovely evening on deck watching a James Bond film on the Sea Screen on Azura. Admittedly it was in the Caribbean so it was a lovely, balmy evening. It was a formal evening so the men were in their DJs and us women in our evening finery. The bar stewards were serving cocktails and other drinks if people wanted them. So it was lovely on a lounger sipping a cocktail watching James Bond - I do agree it is much better on a lovely warm evening.

Thanks for the clarification Princessthebest. Seems like we need to try Celebrity or Princess, just have to persuade the family. :)