P&O loyalty recognition

dorsetlad

I think I have read somewhere that some other cruise lines will honour loyalty tiers earned on P&O. Can somebody tell me which lines they are, and how to go about claiming it. Thank you

Brian

Princess Cruises I believe, not aware of any others.

Regards, Brian

Princess is the only one I am aware of although I believe that MSC will match loyalty with ANY cruise line.

With Princess you don't need to apply as your P&O cruises are automatically applied, or should be. Mine went through automatically.

Brian

Yes, Princess Cruises, will count your P&O cruises into account for their Captains Circle loyalty Programme. If you have spent at least 150 nights onboard or completed 15 cruises, you will be Princess highest tier which is Elite. How I wish P&O did the same!

No need to claim as such, creating an account on the Princess website, and I believe it pulls the info of your P&O cruises across.

Yes, Princess Cruises, will count your P&O cruises into account for their Captains Circle loyalty Programme. If you have spent at least 150 nights onboard or completed 15 cruises, you will be Princess highest tier which is Elite. How I wish P&O did the same!

No need to claim as such, creating an account on the Princess website, and I believe it pulls the info of your P&O cruises across.

Yes it does, I did this about 8 years ago. I have been elite for years. :) :) as you can see I am trying them out next year.

Nice people gave me free booze as well.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

They are more alike then they are different. However, I prefer Princess, but that could be because it was the first one we tried.

I prefer their atriums, I love that there is always live music, a string trio or quartet playing at embarkation, that with the ability to eat lunch in the MDR, starts the holiday just right for me.

I also prefer the "service", I like the friendly let me help you, which I guess could be referred to as American style. To the more aloof, let me serve you, style of P&O.

i also love Vines and the International cafe on Princess, can't stand Costa on P&O ships!

A stupid little thing I love on P&O is the speciality bread, I love P&O bread :)

We happily sail either line, we cruise to a budget, price often makes our decision. As I add the cost of auto gratuities to our cruise fare, the poor exchange rates and higher gratuities are pushing Princess above my £130 pppn for a balcony limit. If cost were equal I would chose Princess.

We are back on Azura next month, and I am very much looking forward to Sindu and The Glass house :)

Pink-Belle sums up my thoughts about Princess v P&O very well. If they cost the same Princess would win hands-down. Princess costs more - it is better. P&O is good value and if you get a good deal can be fantastic value. Princess does not sail ex-UK year round but has great worldwide itineraries

As with most aspects of life, you pays yer money and makes yer choice

Pink-Belle sums up my thoughts about Princess v P&O very well. If they cost the same Princess would win hands-down. Princess costs more - it is better. P&O is good value and if you get a good deal can be fantastic value. Princess does not sail ex-UK year round but has great worldwide itineraries

As with most aspects of life, you pays yer money and makes yer choice

That is exactly right. Princess is a far better cruise line but at this moment in time because of the exchange rate has become far more expensive. We have cruised to Alaska, Far East, Australia, Northern Europe, Mediterranean year round on Princess. If you don't do a world cruise sector on P&O in the winter you are very limited to cruise choice. As you say, you pays yer money and makes yer choice.:)

That is exactly right. Princess is a far better cruise line but at this moment in time because of the exchange rate has become far more expensive. We have cruised to Alaska, Far East, Australia, Northern Europe, Mediterranean year round on Princess. If you don't do a world cruise sector on P&O in the winter you are very limited to cruise choice. As you say, you pays yer money and makes yer choice.:)

But many people either can't fly or won't fly therefore any advantage Princess has goes out of the window.

we have recently returned from Emerald Princess sailing to and from to the Med.......we bought a two week cruise for £806 pp for an inside cabin which we thought was an excellent price....the gratuities were over $13 per day per person which we thought was alot but they could be reduced/removed at reception.

Although Emerald and Crown Princess are the same as Ventura in design they apparently have had an extra deck of cabins added and I read that this produces 500 more passengers....(I think in Berlitz guide) It was noticeable on Emerald Princess as the ship seemed to be very crowded, especially in the buffet.....so it is worth taking into account if you want a more peaceful holiday!!

Where Princess win hands down is with the perks for Elite passengers (as others have said your P & O points transfer across to Princess) 250 minutes free internet per person (and it is fast), free laundry and dry cleaning, enhanced toiletries, free mini bar which can be exchanged for coffee cards or non alcoholic beverages, canapes on formal nights, priority embarkation and tender embarkation and special lounges, etc. Even the Platinum level get good perks, I know they get the free internet.

We enjoyed the experience even though there is the, what now seems usual, hard sell by the Spa, photographers, etc. but we just said a polite 'no thankyou'

Although Emerald and Crown Princess are the same as Ventura in design they apparently have had an extra deck of cabins added and I read that this produces 500 more passengers....(I think in Berlitz guide) It was noticeable on Emerald Princess as the ship seemed to be very crowded, especially in the buffet.....so it is worth taking into account if you want a more peaceful holiday!!

'

This is not correct, Ventura and Azura are the exact same build as the Princess Grand +Class, Crown, Emerald and Ruby.

The extra deck and 500 additional pax you refer to is in comparison to the Grand Princess and her sisters design. These ships have more or less the same deck 7 public space layout, so when the grand plus class first launched it was a criticism that the new ships were more crowded.

Edited by Pink-belle

I have now registered with Princess, and as stated, all our previous cruises have been recognised, and we have gone straight onto the Platinum tier. I'm still not convinced that it is right for us right now, due to the poor exchange rate. In addition, I cannot find anything to do with discounts on on-board spend that we get with P&O, but the free internet is good.

Brian

No discount on Onboard spend until you reach Elite. Platinum gets you priority embarkation, and the free internet allowance. Other benefit perks such as disembarkation lounge and repeat guest party feel somewhat less valuable than they once did. Too many platinum guests make some of the venues crowded, so you are better off in other areas of the ship.

Edited by Pink-belle

But many people either can't fly or won't fly therefore any advantage Princess has goes out of the window.

We are certainly in the category of not wanting to fly anywhere at the moment, plus I will not pay the service charges that other cruise lines, including Princess, put on bar bills etc. It is extortionately expensive. I am not American and refuse to be treated like that. If P&O ever started charging a service charge we would never travel with them again.

P&O offer world cruises around UK winter time but if you are not able to fly, it's either a whole world cruise or nothing as sectors will involve flying.

Princess offer a range of ships based all over the world to cater for a world wide multi national clientele. Access to the network for non-flyers seems to mean you are excluded from all areas. However if you look very closely at the details and have the time to travel, you should notice that virtually all the ships reposition at some point in the year. So you can transfer from Europe to USA from a number of ports around Europe including UK. If you get to USA you can cruise back on QM2. While in US you could do Caribbean or Hawaii. I have flown to USA to New York, gone round trip Caribbean from New York then sailed home QM2. If I had the time I would have sailed Southampton to New York beforehand. Total sailing is possible but you need the time and money. Some other lines will help completing the itinerary.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

This is not correct, Ventura and Azura are the exact same build as the Princess Grand +Class, Crown, Emerald and Ruby.

The extra deck and 500 additional pax you refer to is in comparison to the Grand Princess and her sisters design. These ships have more or less the same deck 7 public space layout, so when the grand plus class first launched it was a criticism that the new ships were more crowded.

I stand corrected!

She certainly felt very crowded...more so than Ruby Princess a couple of years ago.....perhaps Ruby wasn't sailing full!

Edited by jenny wren

I can see your point, but I think P&O should put together longer no fly cruises From Southampton. I would love to cruise to Murmansk, Greenland, Spitzbergen, Dubai, Cyprus, Israel etc. I'm sure a significant percentage of P&O cruisers are retired and would jump at the chance of a longer, say 40 to 50 night cruise.