Sailing on the Marina November 2017

fdbray1008

Hi all...just looking for some advice...sailing on the Marina next November...Spotlight on Spain....have previously sailed on the Riveria...but its been awhile...what is everybody's opinion of concierge level rooms...are the worth the extra money, also does anybody have any good recommendations for a particular veranda room? I am looking forward to reviews of this cruise next month...hopefully some will post what they liked and didnt like on this cruise....if someone has done this cruise in the past, maybe you can tell me what excursions you took and liked.

thanks in advance,

Fred

Fred, We'll be on Marina in November '17 as well but it doesn't sound like the same cruise since ours won't have a focus on Spain.

There are lots of threads that answer your question. You should do a search.

However, the answers may not help you since we all see these things differently. I am someone who usually books a suite because those perks appeal to me -- but not everyone.

Likewise, many people like the more limited perks for a concierge cabin ... but many also don't find them valuable. You will have to decide for yourself.

But a search of the other threads should help you decide.

Mura

We've only been on 2 cruises on the Riveria and both times, booked concierge level rooms. We booked rooms on Deck 9, mid ship so easy access to the elevators/stairs, laundry and lounge ( for an early morning/Late night beverage or snack). But more than that, we like the other advantages like early boarding times, priority booking of specialty restaurants and access to the spa terrace. We found on sea days, the pool area can get busy and the spa terrace is often empty or very few people there.

We'd love to book a Suite but it's just a little more than we'd like to spend.

Enjoy Spain - it's definitely on my bucket list!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by m1k2s3

Agree with Mura - a search of this topic will reveal a wealth of information and different pros & cons.

Since you are asking - I do not feel Concierge is worth the extra money for us for the benefits it offers. If I want to "splurge" then I go for a PH which offers things I value (larger cabin, in suite dining from specialties, etc) - none of which is offered by Concierge,

YMMV

Edited by Paulchili

Agree with Mura - a search of this topic will reveal a wealth of information and different pros & cons.

Since you are asking - I do not feel Concierge is worth the extra money for us for the benefits it offers. If I want to "splurge" then I go for a PH which offers things I value (larger cabin, in suite dining from specialties, etc) - none of which is offered by Concierge,

YMMV

Agree completely with Paul

If I didn't book a suite I'd probably book an outside

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi all...just looking for some advice...sailing on the Marina next November...Spotlight on Spain....have previously sailed on the Riveria...but its been awhile...what is everybody's opinion of concierge level rooms...are the worth the extra money, also does anybody have any good recommendations for a particular veranda room?

For me, the concierge level is a classic case of too heavy for light work and too light for heavy work. For me, the perks aren't appealing enough to justify spending more than a veranda cabin. If I'm in the mood to spend more to get more perks, I'd bypass Concierge level and book at least the Penthouse level.

Having said that, Oceania clearly finds that the Concierge level is a money-maker. If there were NOT enough people willing to spend the Concierge-level prices, Oceania would re-configure the ship. Easy enough to do since the Concierge rooms themselves are no different from the Veranda cabins just one deck lower.

All this is to say, your answer may be different from mine and neither one of us would be wrong.

For me, the concierge level is a classic case of too heavy for light work and too light for heavy work. For me, the perks aren't appealing enough to justify spending more than a veranda cabin. If I'm in the mood to spend more to get more perks, I'd bypass Concierge level and book at least the Penthouse level.

Having said that, Oceania clearly finds that the Concierge level is a money-maker. If there were NOT enough people willing to spend the Concierge-level prices, Oceania would re-configure the ship. Easy enough to do since the Concierge rooms themselves are no different from the Veranda cabins just one deck lower.

All this is to say, your answer may be different from mine and neither one of us would be wrong.

Totaly agree...Concierge is really a veranda cabin with little more to offer except hype... too small to dine in, and really the PH is too small with its foot of the bed table ( what were they thinking) the other advantages are really fluff not worth the extra$$ but for some it sounds more status worthy... higher deck.

More reservations, heck I got, with an inside as many as I wanted and as often. On a trans Atlantic there will be lots of openings for everyone. The spa deck windy...

The best cabins to me are the foward B3s with the extended deck the best being 7008 and 7009

.....and really the PH is too small with its foot of the bed table ( what were they thinking) .....

As always, YMMV.

We have eaten at those tables just fine when meals are served course by course. Would I rather eat at a "real" table in a named suite (OS, VS, OC)? Of course, but I have no problem with the table in the PH on an O class ship.

Perfect when one wants to dine more casually (as in your bathrobe :)) after a long busy day or when you just can't get that extra reservation at Jacques no matter what :D