Where to book...?

Where should I book my cruise in Australia ?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Where should I book my cruise in Australia ?

:pI'm a first time cruiser and about to book/travel to the South Pacific in July/August. There's plenty of options I know but which are the best sites for value/options... direct to companies like Carnival or P and O or travel agents ?

Signed

Cruise Seeker

:pI'm a first time cruiser and about to book/travel to the South Pacific in July/August. There's plenty of options I know but which are the best sites for value/options... direct to companies like Carnival or P and O or travel agents ?

Signed

Cruise Seeker

welcome to cruise critic and due to the rules here we are not allowed to mention TA's names so seeing its your first time cruising you could google online TA's or large B&M shops and ask lots of questions and see if they can help you out

when you go on your cruise you could ask your fellow passengers who they book thru and they could give you some good advice

Shop around online.

Look at the cruise line websites and pick some cruises you're interested in.

Look at various online travel agents and see what they are offering for those cruises and how they compare with the cruise line prices.

However check both the cruise lines' and the travel agent's T&Cs for cancellation penalties. You might get a better price or some OnBoard Credit with a TA but if there is a risk you might have to cancel you should include any penalties in working out the best deal.

I tend to book directly with the cruise line for cruises that are a few months (or years) in the future as some cruise lines, like Princess, will refare if the price drops before final payment. If I'm booking a last minute cruise and paying in full immediately then I go with whoever is offering the best deal.

Who actually promoted this poll and who allows your name to be published as to how you voted.?????

Anyone can start a poll. Just click on new thread and scroll to the bottom of the page. I did not know that posters names would show up though.

Welcome to Crusie critic. Rather than seeing what other people my do (as it varies for me) I suggest you do your own research.

Research what is best for you, have a look at what the TAs will offer but also what the terms and conditions are if things change (cancellations, price drops, etc) also look at what booking direct will do. Check size of deposits and when final payments are due. Check what deals or perks may come with your booking as well. Good luck.

Who actually promoted this poll and who allows your name to be published as to how you voted.?????

The OP started the poll

The option to see how people voted is part of the poll setup - is it really that big of an issue? I couldn't care less if people see how I voted

I am confused with what the "Other" category represents - if you don't book Direct or with an Agent what other option is there?

Terry, I selected Other as sometimes I book directly with the cruise line, and sometimes I book through a TA. Since there wasn't a "Both" option I chose Other.

Tracy, anyone can start a poll, it's just another CC feature. Showing the names against the votes allows the OP and anyone else that is interested to check further down the thread for any comments about why that person voted they way they did. For example you could see that I voted Other and then read my comments on how I book various cruises.

Terry, I selected Other as sometimes I book directly with the cruise line, and sometimes I book through a TA. Since there wasn't a "Both" option I chose Other

Thanks for clarifying

I'm a TA sort of guy - but its got to be a good one ;p

I've certainly met people who were let down by their TA's which is sad

I have booked all our cruises through an online Travel Agent, each time though I have shopped and looked at all the options, from my experience you do get a better price/deal online.

if your in no hurry decide which cruise you want and waituntil they have the special deals, the prices often vary each week although don’t get to absorbed with it, trying to pick the exact best time is nie on impossible or just down to luck, so once you decide, be happy with it and don’t curse, you should have waited if the price drops.

I booked a cruise a couple of weeks ago and got a nice amount of OBC not offered anywhere else and a slightly lower price than other travel agents or the Cruise company’s site were offering, but then a I get an email as im subscribed to offers about a better price that is now available.

About the only drawback with booking online is many are non refundable, well the deposit is anyway so once you have chosen that’s it, think with the other options you can get a better deal if they have them, well if you ask anyway.

So in conclusion, each method has its advantages and disadvantages, comes down to what you are comfortable with.

Edited by Hammer61