Booking RCL onboard Celebrity

gotcha3

Does anyone have recent experience booking an RCL future cruise or cruise certificate while onboard a Celebrity cruise? I am looking specifically at what benefits/perks are available on the FUTURE cruise. Thank you.

Does anyone have recent experience booking an RCL future cruise or cruise certificate while onboard a Celebrity cruise? I am looking specifically at what benefits/perks are available on the FUTURE cruise. Thank you.

I don't know if you get any perks for booking RCL on Celebrity.

But currently on Celebrity you get $250 OBC and reduced deposits. The OBC is spent on current sailing, unless you specifically request it to be on the booked X sailing. This is for booking X while on X - NOT for booking RCL on X.

But this perk does not extend for booking RCL sailings. I do think you would get any of RCLs book on board perks when booking on X though, unless a perk involves amenities on current sailing, that is RCL perks wouldn't be granted if on a X ship. That is if you could book on board on RCL for an RCL sailing and get some OBC then if you book on X they can add that to the reservation to use when you sail on RCL.

You should reach out to the RCL forums to determine what On board booking perks they are giving to know.

We did that... Booked Anthem otS on Silhouette.

You get the same perks as you would get for booking on board of a Royal Caribbean ship... however they are generally not as entincing as Celebrity perks.

We did that... Booked Anthem otS on Silhouette.

You get the same perks as you would get for booking on board of a Royal Caribbean ship... however they are generally not as entincing as Celebrity perks.

Can you remember what those perks were? I was thinking of just getting a future cruise certificate. I think they used to give you reduced deposit for friends and family and like $100 OBC for use on the future cruise. Thank you.

Can you remember what those perks were? I was thinking of just getting a future cruise certificate. I think they used to give you reduced deposit for friends and family and like $100 OBC for use on the future cruise. Thank you.

Go and check on the Royal boards as I believe the FCC were downgraded for OBC, even if you book it on a Royal ship. I think it was sometime last year - they became virtually worthless to purchase. From memory, I think a 7 nighter only resulted in $25 OBC. The friends and family perk also disappeared.

Further details in this link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2217776&highlight=future+cruise+certificates&page=2

Edited by villauk

I just checked my documents... It was "just" a 200 $ OBC for a 12 night cruise (Balcony Stateroom) plus, if I remember correctly, a special Crown & Anchor Clup price - which you would get anyway.

So compared to Celebrity it is really not that much. But just check and compare. I think in case of Royal a good TA might be able to give you a better deal.

Edited by Miaminice

I just checked my documents... It was "just" a 200 $ OBC for a 12 night cruise (Balcony Stateroom) plus, if I remember correctly, a special Crown & Anchor Clup price - which you would get anyway.

So compared to Celebrity it is really not that much. But just check and compare. I think in case of Royal a good TA might be able to give you a better deal.

I think you'll find that was for a particular cruise (date and ship confirmed onboard etc.) and not an open Future Cruise Certificate the OP was enquiring about ;)

This table is from Clarea on the RCCL forum. Thanks Bob!!

OBC/deposit amounts:

•5-7 night cruises

◦Interior/Oceanview: $50

◦Balcony/Junior Suite: $100

◦Grand Suite and above: $200

•8-10 night cruises

◦Interior/Oceanview: $100

◦Balcony/Junior Suite: $150

◦Grand Suite and above: $300

•11-14 night cruises

◦Interior/Oceanview: $150

◦Balcony/Junior Suite: $200

◦Grand Suite and above: $400

•15 nights or longer cruises

◦Interior/Oceanview: $200

◦Balcony/Junior Suite: $250

◦Grand Suite and above: $500

So your deposit is the same amount as your OBC, example a 7 night cruise in a balcony will get you a $100 obc and your cabin deposit is $100 total. You can elect to take the obc on the cruise you are currently on or the future cruise. If you elect to take the obc on the current cruise your deposit would be nonrefundable. (obviously)

I actually booked the Jewel of the seas for 2017 while on the Navigator in March, found out we couldn't go the week we booked, called our t/a to see if we could switch to Celebrity for the following week (better itinerary then the Jewel) and they said yes. So you can switch even if you book the other line.

I'm not sure if they still even offer ffc, but with the new booking on board system, you can change cruises or dates as often as you want. So if you're not sure when you want to go, just book anything and you can change with no penalties.

I'm not sure if they still even offer ffc, but with the new booking on board system, you can change cruises or dates as often as you want. So if you're not sure when you want to go, just book anything and you can change with no penalties.

Word of caution, if transferred to a TA after the cruise (or if you have a TA already attached to it) be sure your TA does not charge change and cancellation fees.

Word of caution, if transferred to a TA after the cruise (or if you have a TA already attached to it) be sure your TA does not charge change and cancellation fees.

Great Point! We use an online T/A which gave a pretty healthy OBC and they didn't charge. But you are right, some do.