Where Did The Band Xtasea Go?

helen haywood

I was just reading a Reflection review and it mentions the band Hi-5. Xtasea used to be the house band on Reflection and we loved them. Anyone have any idea if they are on another Celebrity ship?

They were on our B2B Cruise on the Summit March/April 2014. Agree they are good. Maybe they went back to St. Lucia.

Edited by davekathy

• 1 month later...
Has anybody on any Celebrity ship encountered them recently?

Nope, they seem to be hiring a lot of Phillipino groups lately and they sing mostly in the atrium area in the evening. Also, they appear to only know a few songs in English. My last two cruises, all I ever heard was "Rolling in the deep" by Adele.

• 1 year later...

I just got back from cruise to Alaska on the Grand Princess, where I was dazzled by Xtasea. I looked them up in Google to learn more about them, and saw this question. Seems like they work for the Princess line these days.

Unfortunately, Celebrity's choice of house/party bands have excluded the wonderful Filipino bands of the past.

On Silhouette recently (May 7) the new band was no better than Karaoke and that insults a lot of Karaoke singers.

The best singer on board is now selling cruises... Jonny Cash of days gone by.:')

I just got back from cruise to Alaska on the Grand Princess, where I was dazzled by Xtasea. I looked them up in Google to learn more about them, and saw this question. Seems like they work for the Princess line these days.

Thanks so much for posting this!! I've been looking at Princess cruises mainly due to Bimmer's reviews. Now I have another reason! We LOVED Xtasea!!! When I started this thread in 2015 I was 56 and my husband was 69 and we'd never heard Blurred Lines... Xtasea had us on the dance floor every time they were playing...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app