Regal princess New England

lesarn

We're going to New England/Canada next month on the Regal Princess. What time are the evening shows (do they have 2)? Wondering what time we should schedule dinner. Also, I just read about an ultimate ship tour. Can we sign up beforehand for that. Do they still offer a galley tour if we can't do the ultimate? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We're going to New England/Canada next month on the Regal Princess. What time are the evening shows (do they have 2)? Wondering what time we should schedule dinner. Also, I just read about an ultimate ship tour. Can we sign up beforehand for that. Do they still offer a galley tour if we can't do the ultimate? Thanks!

They have 1 show in the theater in the evening. Times change but 7:00 + or - is a good time. This is between early and late TD. You can sign up for the UST once on board at Guest Services. It usually is limited to 12 or so and costs $150 each. They give a galley tour after the "cooking" show in the theater during a sea day.

They have 1 show in the theater in the evening. Times change but 7:00 + or - is a good time. This is between early and late TD.

Not on any ship I've been on. Almost all main theaters shows are performed twice and they're scheduled to fit with early and late traditional dining times. While they'll always be scheduled so that early diners see the show after dinner, sometime late diners have the show before dinner and sometimes after. So typical schedules are 7:00 and 9:00 (if late diners should see the show before dinner) or 8:00 and 10:00 (if late diners should see the show after dinner).

The exception seems to be the "welcome aboard" show which on our last two cruises (both on Regal Princess) was once around 9:00 as well as some of the secondary shows in the Vista Lounge which were only performed once. Late TD will frequently conflict with these shows.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welcome aboard show may be only once

On days you depart the port by 5pm there will be two performances of the same show in the theater normally at 8 & 10pm. There are also shows in the Vista Lounge with staggered times to those in the theater. On the days you depart at 8pm it is most likely that the DR's will have open seating. Shows and other activities, such as a dance party in the Piazza, will be different. Watch the Princess Patter for all show times. For the 8pm shows arrive at least 30 mins early. If you wish to have the most flexibility for evening shows and other activities dine early.

Does anyone have a patter to check on show times?

A past patter won't tell you much. Different Maitre'Ds and CDs and EDs will tweak the schedule and do things slightly differently.

We were on Regal twice last year. On the 5-night Canada, all shows (other than Welcome Aboard) were at 8:00 and 10:00. But on the Baltic cruise earlier in the year, they varied depending on port times and show length. We had 7:00/9:00, 7:15/9:00, 8:00/10:15, and 8:45/10:15.

Further, the two production shows on the 5-night were the same as two we had on the Baltic. On the Baltic, they were at 7:15/9:00 (late TD saw it before dinner) and 8:00/10:15 but at 8:00/10:00 for both on the Canada cruise. So until the Maitre'D for your cruise sets his dining schedule and the CD or ED for your cruise sets the entertainment schedule, it is impossible to predict exactly what the show schedule will be.

Does anyone know if there are any comedy or magician acts booked for the 7 day New England/Canadian Regal cruise?

They almost always have at least 1 comedy show. A lot of times, there will be 2 different nights with the comedians.

Make sure you get there early because this ship has so many passengers they run out of seats for the early show.

Thanks for that advice. :)

Does anyone know if there are any comedy or magician acts booked for the 7 day New England/Canadian Regal cruise?

Unlikely any one here knows. And you haven't said what date. Are you aware Princess moves entertainers around a lot? Specialty performers are not usually on the ship the entire cruise. Many get on at one port, perform that night or the next, and then get off at the next port and are flown to another ship (or if there are multiple ships in the area, put in a hotel to wait for the next ship). Which means the entertainment lineup will vary from cruise to cruise. With two ships doing Canada / New England cruises this fall, it is very likely the performers will be doing double-duty moving between them as needed.

In all the sailings we've been, we had the chance to watch a comedian or a magician. This included the 7 day Canada/NE Regal cruise in October last year. Hope you'll have one too.