Golden Princess Nearly Here

Hobart18

Hi, I have just noticed that the Golden Princess is just 1 day,16 hours away from docking in Auckland.The Diamond Princess is docked in Auckland today and will departing in approximately 5 hours. It is a shame that the 2 ships couldn't have been docked next to each other, that would have been a great sight to see. Auckland now has a new terminal next to their Maritime Museum. You would just get off the ships and you would be straight into down town Auckland. Regards,

Hi, I have just noticed that the Golden Princess is just 1 day,16 hours away from docking in Auckland.The Diamond Princess is docked in Auckland today and will departing in approximately 5 hours. It is a shame that the 2 ships couldn't have been docked next to each other, that would have been a great sight to see. Auckland now has a new terminal next to their Maritime Museum. You would just get off the ships and you would be straight into down town Auckland. Regards,

Sorry to see her gone from the US waters. Enjoy her everyone in the Far East. :cool:

And in 2017' here to stay.

Having been on the 3 of them I can say that the Golden Princess is somewhat similar to the Diamond and Sapphire just a little smaller. All great ships though and I would sail again on any of them at the drop of a hat. I expect to be down at the OPT on 18th to see the Golden in port.:)

Yes 3 Sun class ships must be too much for Princess to digest year round in Australia at present . So Dawn Princess is to be shunted off and re-named to P&O Australia (joining a lot of other hand me downs from Carnival) from May 2017. Golden Princess then stays year round down under with Sun and Sea Princess . Golden Princess will do 75 day circle Pacific itinerary ex Sydney in 2017 .

Getting close now, jumping on the first cruise out of Oz on the 18th, she looks similar to Diamond Princess our favourite ship.

Enjoy your cruise Izzy. Will Curtis Stone be on board whipping up some classy dishes?

The Golden is the same class of ship (ie Grand) as the Diamond. I love cocktail hour in Skywalkers !

Edited by Kinkacruiser

Getting close now, jumping on the first cruise out of Oz on the 18th, she looks similar to Diamond Princess our favourite ship.

Enjoy her! Great ship. My friend Evans is the bass player with the party/dance band onboard - say hi from us! Have a great sailing...